"Primal" News & Discussion Thread

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Okay, I'm still on the fence of whether to subscribe to Sling or HBO Max to watch Primal and which I'll pick probably depends on if HBO Max can get Housing Complex C too. Fena took six months to get on HBO Max and Shenmue still isn't there. Maybe not being a Crunchyroll co-production could speed things up so Housing Complex C will also be on HBO Max. On the other hand, Harley Quinn is going to be on HBO Max but not Adult Swim proper. I definitely am excited for Primal, but which platform to watch it on will be a choice to mull over.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
07/06:
EW interview with Tartakovsky.

Also, there will be two episodes on July 21, then one per week until September 15.

EDIT:
TV Passport has some titles and log-lines for season 2.
2-1
Sea of Despair Jul. 22, 2022
Spear and Fang venture into the unknown to rescue Mira from her captors.

2-2
Shadow of Fate Jul. 22, 2022
Spear and Fang get separated in a strange new land.

2-3
Dawn of Man Jul. 29, 2022
The quest to find Mira leads Spear and Fang to the village of fearsome warriors.

07/08:
SDCC panel info.

Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal Season Two Discussion and Q&A
Friday, July 22, 1:00 – 1:45 PM PT
After winning five Emmy® Awards including “Outstanding Animated Program,” the second season of Genndy Tartakovksy’s Primal returns to Adult Swim. Join Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter’s Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Star Wars: Clone Wars) and Art Director Scott Wills (The Ren & Stimpy Show, Samurai Jack) for a deep dive into the second season of the acclaimed animation adventure.
Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront

07/11:
Another interview.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
07/19/2022:
A couple more titles and log-lines are up on TVPassport.
2-4 The Red Mist Aug. 5, 2022
Spear and Fang fight to save Mira from the warrior clan that enslaved her.

2-5 The Primal Theory Aug. 12, 2022
A night of horrors reveals the true nature of man’s origin.

06/16/2023:
Season 3 was announced.

Brief teaser.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
That preview is just a title screen, so we have no idea what in the world the next season will be about. Hope we can get concrete info soon about where the plot will head.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Almost forgot about season three considering how long it's been since season two ended. Still not used to the "one season every three years" model of modern cartoons. Hard to keep hyped for them compared to back when they came back every year.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm trying to remember - we know close to zip about what season 3 is right? Just that line in the teaser "Something has entered the blood, like a whisper of unnamed evil" and some comments from Genndy saying it might be an anthology like that mansion episode?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.
Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.

Featured Posts