Post your reviews: Adult Swim Action (5/18/02)

Yu Yu ep.....2 words....PIMP ****......i loved the part where hes under water 'THIS IS MY JOB!'..and yea...if you pll think its DBZ-ish then maybe thats why i loved that part (i love DBZ with every fiber in my body....i would trade the air that i breathe to keep it going 4ever!).....i give it an A++++++++X2

CBBB ep....eh what can i say....it was ok....Ed ate it at the end that was funny.....

well thats all im doing cuz i those are the only 2 shows i watch basically on Saturday....so....yea :D

Supernovametalstar

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I don't like CB as much as everyone else. It feels like it tried too hard to be dramatic when it is not necessary. Plus, the scenery is too dark most of the time, and on my old 1984 tv, it makes it hard to see. Probably why I gravitate to animation that is more bright and colorful where I can see everything. Character-wise, I don't like any of them, which is not a good thing (but who cares what I think :p ).

I have this same problem with 0083. The ending made me say "huh?", and even rewatching it didn't clear things up. I guess it was the edits made, but I can't complain too much. Out of the Gundams I've seen, I like the original the best. You could follow the plot from episode to episode, it was easier to view, and I liked the characters better.

I am loving YYH though. It moves along much quicker than DBZ (since people like to compare the two so much), and the characters, for the most part, are not clowns. Although I would like there to be more development of the minor characters from the beginning of the series (like Yuske's girl-friend and his mother) but other than that I enjoy it every week.

Zapages

Persian Prince
oo83 is a great series but they editted out two major events...

Commander of Albion's execution and the Colony dropping on the Earth....

BTW: I saw the episode just a while ago....

Supernovametalstar

Originally posted by Zapages
oo83 is a great series but they editted out two major events...

Commander of Albion's execution and the Colony dropping on the Earth....

BTW: I saw the episode just a while ago....

Okay, that explains a lot. Thanks. But I still don't understand a couple of things:

Why Kou was courtmartialed and given a year of hard labor. What exactly did he do wrong that I missed?

Who was the guy in charge of that other ship that had the red telescope-like glasses on that seemed to be insane? Was that the one who was executed or was it the commander we have been watching from the beginning of the show?

Redneck Run

I have Here Comes Jurai on video, and it's great.
GatherUP.gif
DRUIDD.GIF
:D So if you don't like it, back off.

Ravenger

Bringer of the New Revolution
Originally posted by Supernovametalstar

Okay, that explains a lot. Thanks. But I still don't understand a couple of things:

Why Kou was courtmartialed and given a year of hard labor. What exactly did he do wrong that I missed?

Who was the guy in charge of that other ship that had the red telescope-like glasses on that seemed to be insane? Was that the one who was executed or was it the commander we have been watching from the beginning of the show?

Heres some answers:

1. Kou was court martialed for stealing the Gundam GP03. He was released when the files from the Gundam Development Project were deleted.

2. The guy in charge of the other ship with the crazy goggles was a member of the Federation's top brass who was in league with the Sima(sp) fleet to stop the colony drop using the second Solar System(this is better explained in MSG if you didn't see it while it was on Toonami.

3. Yes, Captain Synapse was the one executed for disobeing orders.

JTurner954

Paradigm City, USA
I have a Gundam question as well. Is there a continuation to where Gundam 0083 left off?? Are any of the characters from Gundam 0083 like Kou in it?

Zapages

Persian Prince
JTurner954 I have a Gundam question as well. Is there a continuation to where Gundam 0083 left off?? Are any of the characters from Gundam 0083 like Kou in it?

The Gundam 0083 is prequal to Zeta Gundam, Double Zeta Gundam and Char's Counterattack...

No, there's no Kou in those sequal series... Nor there is any other major characters from any other OVA...ie 08th MS Team, 0080 War in a Pocket and Gundam 0083 Stardust Memories...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.
"WBD just hates animation! They don't care about it!"

Counterpoint: Me TV Toons.
I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Featured Posts