NickRewind News & Talkback Thread Part 2

parkersfan89

Maybe they should replace another ViacomCBS channel with a 24/7 version of NickRewind that airs classic family programming from all sectors of the company, like The Brady Bunch and Terrytoons.
maybe, we'll finally get to see Taina, Cousin Skeeter, Catscratch, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Romeo, The Brothers Garcia, The Nick Cannon Show, Just Jordan & many more again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
I wouldn't be surprised if TeenNick adds The Brothers Garcia when HBO Max premieres the revival later this year.

ATSFGuy

What they should do is scatter some of the shows that was on NickRewind into the daily schedule for TeenNick or Nicktoons.

I'm not getting my hopes up too high though, because both channels are largely on auto-pilot now.
Here’s my closing thoughts:

Nickelodeon had a wonderful opportunity with this block. They blew it and the audience hates them for it.

I understand Nick and Nicktoons may be stupid, but no matter how much we want it, they’re not bringing/changing it back.

I still don’t see how hard it was for them to pull out an archived schedule say from 2005 and air it. Not make shows come and go.

SG-17

Frankly nostalgia is like a wave. It rises, crests, breaks, and subsides. Nick probably saw the block losing viewship as it went on and at a certain point it became more expensive to do more than basic maintenance on the block, especially with linear cable dying as it is.

Likewise Nick probably saw stable and possibly growing engagement with the social media side of the block, which is why that is still around.

Now, can we argue that the format was flawed from the start and it would have been smarted to lift classic schedules, bumpers, STLs, and all and air that instead of the oddly paced and largely automatic scheduling the block became after the NickSplat rebrand? Sure.

Honestly what I want to see is Viacom add all of the packaging material to P+, Slime Time Live, the U-Pick Live segments, all of the bumpers and Nick commercials, etc, and add a feature to the service that lets you "emulate cable" by having it randomize classic Nick episodes with packaging mixed in at commercial breaks and between episodes, or maybe feed in classic airing schedules and letting you use them as a watching tool.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
Honestly what I want to see is Viacom add all of the packaging material to P+, Slime Time Live, the U-Pick Live segments, all of the bumpers and Nick commercials, etc, and add a feature to the service that lets you "emulate cable" by having it randomize classic Nick episodes with packaging mixed in at commercial breaks and between episodes, or maybe feed in classic airing schedules and letting you use them as a watching tool.
Now, that would be a great idea.

Looney Turtles

Here’s my closing thoughts:

Nickelodeon had a wonderful opportunity with this block. They blew it and the audience hates them for it.

I understand Nick and Nicktoons may be stupid, but no matter how much we want it, they’re not bringing/changing it back.

I still don’t see how hard it was for them to pull out an archived schedule say from 2005 and air it. Not make shows come and go.
I'm pretty sure the real reason they discontinued the block is to try and get more Paramount+ subscribers.

Either way, there's been a lot of backlash over the block shutting down. Hopefully, this will send Nick the message to either bring back the block or air some of the shows that was on the block on the daytime schedule for TeenNick or Nicktoons (preferably the former for the live-actions shows, and the latter for the cartoons).

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
I'm pretty sure the real reason they discontinued the block is to try and get more Paramount+ subscribers.
Pfft, obviously.
Either way, there's been a lot of backlash over the block shutting down. Hopefully, this will send Nick the message to either bring back the block or air some of the shows that was on the block on the daytime schedule for TeenNick or Nicktoons (preferably the former for the live-actions shows, and the latter for the cartoons).
I'm going for the latter option, and I don't give a damn about the backlash since I've moved on from it years ago (and people should too lol).

parkersfan89

if they do. Hopefully, we'll see Taina, Romeo, The Brothers Garcia, Just Jordan, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Cousin Skeeter and many more again!

kanc

that's nice maybe Taina can join as well!
They could've done it before, but now it's too late. Currently MTV2 are no longer airing any Nick shows anymore. MTV2 now only airing Fresh Prince, movies, Tosh.0, Living Single, Jamie Foxx Show, Sister Sister, Fear Factor, etc...

That Nick shows only lasted for short time in 2016, meaning sometime it's already been done late fall 2016, I couldn't remember exactly when Nick shows stopped airing MTV2.

parkersfan89

They could've done it before, but now it's too late. Currently MTV2 are no longer airing any Nick shows anymore. MTV2 now only airing Fresh Prince,

That Nick shows only lasted for short time in 2016, meaning sometime it's already been done late fall 2016, I couldn't remember exactly when Nick shows stopped airing MTV2.
Really? They played spongebob sometime last year believe it or not!

Anthonyg3281

I haven't seen a lot of this block to justify an opinion on the whole block overall, but I wish they could've split NickRewind into two and have it on both Nicktoons and TeenNick. The old animated shows would obviously go on Nicktoons while the old live-action shows would be on TeenNick.

parkersfan89

I haven't seen a lot of this block to justify an opinion on the whole block overall, but I wish they could've split NickRewind into two and have it on both Nicktoons and TeenNick. The old animated shows would obviously go on Nicktoons while the old live-action shows would be on TeenNick.
sounds awesome! if they ever do. They should play Taina, Romeo, Cousin Skeeter, Catscratch, Avatar: The Last Airbender, etc.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.

Featured Posts