Nickelodeon splits with Dan Schneider

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
http://deadline.com/2018/03/nickelodeon-tv-series-producer-dan-schneider-part-ways-1202353698/
Nickelodeon has ended its long relationship with one of its most prolific series creators, Dan Schneider.

“Following many conversations together about next directions and future opportunities, Nickelodeon and our long-time creative partner Dan Schneider/Schneider’s Bakery have agreed to not extend the current deal,” Nickelodeon said in a statement to Deadline. “Since several Schneider’s Bakery projects are wrapping up, both sides agreed that this is a natural time for Nickelodeon and Schneider’s Bakery to pursue other opportunities and projects.

“Dan and his Schneider’s Bakery team have created a string of lasting, groundbreaking hits over the years including iCarly, Drake & Josh, Victorious, Kenan & Kel and the current number-one hit show on Nickelodeon, Henry Danger, the network continued. “We thank Dan and his Schneider’s Bakery producers, executives and social media team for their immeasurable contributions to Nickelodeon, and we wish them the best in their future endeavors. And Dan and Schneider’s Bakery are proud of the work they did together with Nickelodeon and will always remain big fans of the network.”

The decision comes as Nickelodeon has opted to cancel Schneider’s latest series, Game Shakers after three seasons. I hear the network intends to move forward with a fifth season of Schneider’s remaining live-action Nick series, Henry Danger. (He also has the animated The Adventures of Kid Danger, whose future is unclear.)

“After three seasons and 63 episodes, Nickelodeon has wrapped production on its live-action series Game Shakers,” Nickelodeon said in a statement to Deadline. “We are proud of the show’s success, and our dedicated and talented cast and crew. Premieres will continue to air throughout 2018.”

Among other things, I hear there had been multiple complaints of abusive behavior against Schneider filed by members of his staff.

Schneider has been Nick’s top creator/showrunner of live-action comedy hits for the past two decades. He is credited in part with discovering such young actresses as Ariana Grande, Amanda Bynes, Jami Lynn Spears and Victoria Justice who were cast as leads of his series.

But along with all his success, for years, Schneider had been under a cloud of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars of his shows. Among the things that have raised eyebrows are his tweeted photos of the toes of his young female stars. Additionally, there have been issues with bloated budgets and long production days on Schneider’s shows.

Schneider has had well documented temper issues for years. I hear there was a flareup last week when Schneider — along with the show’s cast and crew — was informed that Game Shakers, was not getting renewed for a fourth season and that another series, Kevin Kopelow and Health Seifert’s Austin & Ally, would move into its production space in the Nickelodeon-owned Burbank studios where Schneider’s series had been based exclusively for the past few years.

Zeether

HASSHA!!
This isn't surprising to me. Pretty sure some of the awful stuff he allegedly did behind the scenes on top of his raging foot fetish is going to float to the surface now.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Methinks a big scandal related shoe is about to drop.

Maybe Schneider can take a picture.

I'm honestly surprised that a big scandal wasn't involved with this article. I didn't know about the rumors around Schneider until a few months ago, but it did leave me a bit unnerved to read about those allegations to say the least. It does sound like the split was calm and mutual based on this article and the press release, but a part of me wonders if that was so that Nickelodeon could potentially avoid some of the backlash if/when those allegations come up to the surface.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
I've seen those behind the scenes Amanda Show videos. It correlates with the rumors about him and I mentally puked. It's about time this happened.

jaylop97

Staff member
Nick seems to continue to lose some more larger members, after Chris Savino, Butch Hartman and now Dan Schneider. Either way I have to say there shouldn't be much of a loss for Schneider leaving, not too many Schneider kidcoms have been all that good and if he has had a history of bad behavior then there is no reason to have him around. Nick's kidcom industry will continue, Schneider may have contributed to a handful of shows but his involvement at Nick wasn't always going to last forever.

Last edited:

Vaughn Max

No, but it does mean we won't be subjected to anymore of Schneider's awful sitcoms.
But I really want the Nicktoons era to come back. At least we're getting a few new Nicktoons this year

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

ToonJay723

Staff member
Surprised it didn't happen sooner. More surprised Nick did it themselves before it became mainstream news.

But still, shame that the network censors still let him insert his creepy stuff, among other things, into his shows.

JTOONSAnimation

I saw in the article that Game Shakers has been cancelled. Not really surprised seeing Nickelodeon's treatment with it.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Pretty obvious whatever scandal or actions Schneider specifically was involved in, Nickelodeon doesn't really want to specifically talk about and wants to push aside as much as possible thus trying to say with a public face they're distancing themselves from him but not wanting to go into the reason why. Honestly despite all of his issues, you do have to remember how Schneider for the past 25 years has been related to about a dozen incredibly popular and successful series for Nickelodeon, constantly delivering hit after hit series that netted them a lot of views and capital. Thus I'm sure even if there were accustations and talks they were more willing to let it slide as much as possible until well they couldn't anymore especially in this era where such things really are more looked after and reported on. I admit I haven't really been a fan of the newest breed of Dan Schenider shows but I still have al ot of fond memories of All That, Kenan and Kel, parts of Amanda Show, Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, iCarly and Victorious and though pretty obvious he went into a lot more random pandering bullcrap with making his latest series he knew how to appease to a young audience for so long. That doesn't excuse any of his actions whatsoever since if he's behind as much smut as he's said to be yeah should be fired but I do get why it seemingly took so long to happen. Though I do have to wonder even if Game Shakers is going down what Nickelodeon is going to do about Henry Danger which is still a really super popular show for them but one that is obviously still made by Schneider and his team. I guess Nick still owns the concept but would they be able to make the same sort of show without Schneider's bakery or not?

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
This is amazing news and opens up the schedule to new shows or probably new cartoons. I don't want to slander him but I think he has a foot fetish and exploits the actors and actresses into doing these scenes for his satisfaction.

200w_d.gif

Jean74

Valentine's Day 2024!
Yet another person who done in by sexual harassment. And really Nickelodeon what took them so long to get rid of him?!

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Gives Nick a chance to find some new creators and give them a chance and get off their Dan crutch they've been on for some time.

Last edited:

kanc

I feel bad for hollywood with all these allegations Dan Schneider has done. I cant believe and not surprised he had been doing these allegations and it would took him that long for deadline to report the issue. With all his popular shows that has been a hit (except Game Shakers), ratings had been doing well. I know Henry Danger season 5 will continue without Schneider.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts