New Cartoon Network Pilots

Vuxovich

Due to corporate restructuring, the pilot will not be made into a series.

KurikoFan2PPGZEpisode36_PIC194.jpg
blossom.png

Dagnabit!

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

I don't really understand their logic. The pilot got 1 million views on youtube just a few days after it was uploaded, tons of people loved it. It was probably the most well received pilot CN has released since Infinity Train's, yet it still gets the axe? Meanwhile The Fungies quickly got greenlit for a full series even though it barely received any attention from people online? CN desperately needs more new content now and they decide to give the axe to their most well received pilot in recent years. It just makes no sense to me.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I don't really understand their logic. The pilot got 1 million views on youtube just a few days after it was uploaded, tons of people loved it. It was probably the most well received pilot CN has released since Infinity Train's, yet it still gets the axe? Meanwhile The Fungies and Tig N Seek quickly got greenlit for a full series, even though they barely received any attention from people online? CN desperately needs more new content now and they decide to give the axe to their most well received pilot in recent years. It just makes no sense to me.

FTFY.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

5YearsOnEastCoast

I don't really understand their logic. The pilot got 1 million views on youtube just a few days after it was uploaded, tons of people loved it. It was probably the most well received pilot CN has released since Infinity Train's, yet it still gets the axe? Meanwhile The Fungies quickly got greenlit for a full series even though it barely received any attention from people online? CN desperately needs more new content now and they decide to give the axe to their most well received pilot in recent years. It just makes no sense to me.

From what I heard, CN was reconstructing due to AT&T merger and a management shake up and a lot of stuff is changing recently, which lead to so some stuff happening... like Trick Moon getting rejected. Who knows what else was affected at CN by AT&T merger?

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Tig n Seek did receive some notable attention online. At the moment its pilot has 5 million views on youtube. Compare that to the Fungies, who's pilot currently only has 344k views.
The Fungies pilot came a few years after when Tig N Seek pilot came out and it only received some attention when the show didn't undergo any major changes to the character personalities and design (ex. Tig went from an possibly ambiguous adult (if possible) to 8 year old and Gweeseek went from being more inventive and advanced to ended up being nothing but a boring basic cat) Both barely has anything interesting.
From what I heard, CN was reconstructing due to AT&T merger and a management shake up and a lot of stuff is changing recently, which lead to so some stuff happening... like Trick Moon getting rejected. Who knows what else was affected at CN by AT&T merger?
The merger happened 2 years back, this might have been made when Christina Miller was still the network's president (circa. 2017 i believe) and possibly before the merger.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Does the restructuring have any relevance to any more CN shorts getting produced and uploaded?
And can we pretty much expect them to move to HBO Max like Tig N' Seek and The Fungies?

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Does the restructuring have any relevance to any more CN shorts getting produced and uploaded?

Well, I'm pretty sure those shorts were made before the merger. Keep in mind, animation takes a long time to produce so you'll never know how this is gonna end up.

And can we pretty much expect them to move to HBO Max like Tig N' Seek and The Fungies?

Unless they are really lucky, I have no idea.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Forgotten Infinity Train and Summer Camp Island

Light Lucario

Staff member
I can understand the appeal of Trick Moon. It does have an interesting setup with potential for it to be fleshed out more with a full series. The character designs also remind me a bit of OK KO. I'm not that upset that it didn't get picked up, although I'm sure it helps that I only saw and heard about the series now rather than when the pilot was first uploaded. It's still a shame for the creator and the production staff, especially if they were originally going to be picked up for a series before this. Hopefully they can pitch the series to another network or land on HBO Max.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Well, I'm pretty sure those shorts were made before the merger. Keep in mind, animation takes a long time to produce so you'll never know how this is gonna end up.
Well yeah, the CN & WB Animation merger announcement is about 2 months old.
Forgotten Infinity Train and Summer Camp Island
I was thinking series premieres and HBO Max is footing the bill for those originals. Chances are some other older shows/shorts may be on the docket and be financed the way Infinity Train apparently was even before Book 3.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I'm disappointed that CN didn't pick up Trick Moon. It really did show a lot of promise.

CN's output in 2020 has been disappointing in general. They could really use a hit show again for 2021, but the current crop of shows on the horizon are either playing by the TTG handbook, babyfied versions of previous shows, or on HBO Max. Trick Moon could have been another standout along the likes of OK K.O. or Mao Mao.

Here's hoping that Elliott from Earth can pick up the slack after this bland year.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
CN's output in 2020 has been disappointing in general. They could really use a hit show again for 2021, but the current crop of shows on the horizon are either playing by the TTG handbook, babyfied versions of previous shows, or on HBO Max. Trick Moon could have been another standout along the likes of OK K.O. or Mao Mao.

Nothing much else to say, except I really do agree with everything that you said. I mean, say what you will about CN in 2010, at least with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Sym Bionic Titan and Gumball were able to become major standouts from the network.

2020's CN? NOTHING!

Here's hoping that Elliott from Earth can pick up the slack after this bland year.

I hope so too, but at this point, I really doubt it...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts