"My Adventures With Superman" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
This news has made my day :D!
Not that I want the show to be super bloody and suddenly everyone's swearing up a storm but season 3 is the first season made (as the first two were worked on obviously years ago) with the team KNOWING it was going to Adult Swim. As the first two seasons were originally made more strictly for Cartoon network so it'd be nice if they could up the stakes a bit but eh either way still really good news... is weird that apparently only two shows were announced with new seasons coming and it's the two currently airing but still good news all the same.
I don't need it to try to be more adult but I would like to see them improve on some of the issue's of the first two seasons (Superman's performance, the villains, the action, etc.)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This news has made my day :D!

I don't need it to try to be more adult but I would like to see them improve on some of the issue's of the first two seasons (Superman's performance, the villains, the action, etc.)
The most common critique I see is the villains. I think I said it before but I'd like them to move on past government enemies like Task Force X heading into season 3. I'm looking forward to Brainiac this season.

edit: Details on Issue #4, releasing September 4.

Sari Cooper was officially promoted to staff writer on the show.

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Congratulations on the season 3 renewal. I got worried about the show due to the silence surrounding it during Annecy. Considering how 10-episode seasons seem to become the new norm with WB, would it be reasonable to assume we're getting a season 4 to go along with it?

Giving Task Force X a rival organization at least keeps them a little more interesting than being the sole villains like they appear in much of the show itself.

Neat to see the Kents again.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Congratulations on the season 3 renewal. I got worried about the show due to the silence surrounding it during Annecy. Considering how 10-episode seasons seem to become the new norm with WB, would it be reasonable to assume we're getting a season 4 to go along with it?

Giving Task Force X a rival organization at least keeps them a little more interesting than being the sole villains like they appear in much of the show itself.
Seems the initial thing is 2 10 episodes seasons then a season by season case if Harley Quinn is any indication. But even with HQ it got conspiratorial about when the renewal was - it seemed like season 4 and 5 was done at the same time but the latter was kept a secret - I recall some crew members deleted their season 5 posts. I'm looking at Sari Cooper's post about keeping it secret about being promoted, you can go Vic Sage on this but I think safe bet after the initial order it's a season by season case. But now I'm curious if this means another canon mini-series comic could be greenlit, too.

That's true. It's a nice way to glean into the structure of Checkmate and not all the groups within are buddy-buddy. It's more like dog eat dog.

Frontier

Staff member
The most common critique I see is the villains. I think I said it before but I'd like them to move on past government enemies like Task Force X heading into season 3. I'm looking forward to Brainiac this season.
I feel like season 3 would be a good season for making Lex the primary bad guy and start revamping the villains, and maybe have Superman be more competent/capable of fighting them in general.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like season 3 would be a good season for making Lex the primary bad guy and start revamping the villains, and maybe have Superman be more competent/capable of fighting them in general.
Kara could be the one to train him in fighting between seasons granted nothing bad happens to her at the end of the season. If she's been out there in space this whole time and/or been the Kryptonian armored warrior all along, she's got way more experience in the realm of fighting.

Otaku-sempai

Kara could be the one to train him in fighting between seasons granted nothing bad happens to her at the end of the season. If she's been out there in space this whole time and/or been the Kryptonian armored warrior all along, she's got way more experience in the realm of fighting.
I'm wondering if the armored warrior is someone else
*Zod*
. In this show wasn't Kara also shown to be an infant when she was sent from Krypton?

Frontier

Staff member
I'm going to laugh if she has Freeze Breath and Clark doesn't :p.
*Zod*
. In this show wasn't Kara also shown to be an infant when she was sent from Krypton?
Which is a change from the comics where she was a teenager when Clark was a baby. I'm guessing she was raised by Brainiac.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Info for the episode airing on July 13th, via TV Passport. Again, Spoilers!
Superman!
Jul. 13, 2024
Jimmy and Kara race back to Metropolis to stop Brainiac's invasion of Earth; Lois tries to free Clark from Brainiac's control, only to lose herself in an alternate reality where Superman never left Krypton.

Frontier

Staff member
Info for the episode airing on July 13th, via TV Passport. Again, Spoilers!
Superman!
Jul. 13, 2024
Jimmy and Kara race back to Metropolis to stop Brainiac's invasion of Earth; Lois tries to free Clark from Brainiac's control, only to lose herself in an alternate reality where Superman never left Krypton.
They just couldn't help themselves, we had to get brainwashed Superman :p.

I'm guessing Lois has to free him from the Krypton simulation he's trapped in :ack:.

Will the KaraxJimmy ship sail as they try to stop Brainiac :rolleyes2:.

Also now I think the Lara AI really isn't a thing any more :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A bit Legacy-ish but we'll see.

Stills and clip from tonight's episode but they're a bit spoilery so if you want to go in blind, don't click.

*Zod*
I think the kneel line in the season 1 finale was a red herring to fool us into thinking the warrior is him.

Granted if it's not the same Kara origin, she's in her 20s too...

edit: social media users noticed the Issue #4 variant cover is partially a nod to the cover of Dragon Ball volume 42.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

This fall I will get 24 new VHSs, with that the number of cassettes will increase to 41. I need to re-digitize the ones I already have since my old Youtube channel was terminated in 2022, along with the new ones. As I left Youtube, the digitized VHS archive will be given to other people.
Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.
1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:

Featured Posts