May 2014 premieres on Disney Channel / Disney XD

Poweranimals

Invincible
(All times Eastern, all times p.m. except when noted -- always subject to change)

Austin & Ally on Disney Channel
(No new episodes in May)

Dog With a Blog on Disney Channel
Fri May 16 - 8:30 - 219 - Love, Loss, and a Beanbag Toss

Gravity Falls on Disney Channel
(No new episodes in May)

I Didn't Do It on Disney Channel
Sun May 4 - 8:30 - 108 - Now Museum, Now You Don't

Jessie on Disney Channel
Fri May 16 - 8:00 - 319 - From the White House to Our House

Liv & Maddie on Disney Channel
Sun May 4 - 8:00 - 118 - Flashback-A-Rooney

Phineas and Ferb on Disney Channel
(No new episodes in May)

Win, Lose, or Draw on Disney Channel
Thu May 1 - 5:00 - 103 - Tyrel Jackson Williams & Billy Unger
Mon May 12 - 5:00 - 106 - Laura Marano & Raini Rodriguez
Tue May 13 - 5:00 - 113 - Peyton List & Cameron Boyce
Wed May 14 - 5:00 - 119 - G Hannelius & Blake Michael
Thu May 15 - 5:00 - 125 - Dove Cameron & Joey Bragg
Mon May 19 - 5:00 - 126 - Bradley Steven Perry & Jake Short
Tue May 20 - 5:00 - 133 - Garrett Clayton & Chrissy Fit
Wed May 21 - 5:00 - 121 - Dove Cameron & Joey Bragg

Avengers Assemble on Disney XD
Sun May 11 - 8:00 am - 124 - Crime & Circuses
Sun May 18 - 8:00 am - 125 - Exodus
Sun May 25 - 9:00 am - 126 - The Final Showdown

Crash & Bernstein on Disney XD
(No new episodes in May)

Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. on Disney XD
(No new episodes in May)

Kickin' It on Disney XD
(No new episodes in May)

Lab Rats on Disney XD
(No new episodes in May)

Mighty Med on Disney XD
(No new episodes in May)

Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD
(No new episodes in May)

Wander Over Yonder on Disney XD
(No new episodes in May)

Yoda Chronicles on Disney XD
Sun May 4 - 7:00 - Escape From the Jedi Temple
(Sat May 3 - 9:00 - Disney Channel premiere)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Aaaaannndddd still no Spider-Man.

Oh well. At least Assemble can wrap up season 1.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
So, how long is Wander going to be pushed under the carpet? Are the next batch of episodes not done yet, or is the network simply too ignorant?

Seriously, it's really starting to annoy me how all of their good shows are being practically banished by some abysmal scheduling. It doesn't help that what DC told McCracken about the main channel at least having reruns is so far turning out to be a kind-of insulting lie.

ILDC

Honestly, I don't feel too bad about McCracken. After years of being one of Cartoon Network's MVPs, he's kind of settled into this cartoon statesman role, more considered with just having fun and letting others shine. He didn't even want to make Wander Over Yonder as a TV show at first, having originally conceived it as a graphic novel.

But that doesn't mean I'm not worried about up-and-comers like Alex Hirsch. Disney really needs to get its marketing together. It's not enough to simply throw creator-driven cartoons in the same realm as kidcoms. Nickelodeon certainly realizes this, even if their shows tend to cater more to the lowest common denominator.

DonkeyKongSong

See, what did I tell you? When Disney does something to one show, they do it to them all. Hardly anything is premiering this month, animated or live action. In fact, that Jessie episode was added at the last minute, likely due to the appearance of First Lady Michelle Obama. Avengers Assemble is the only scripted series with more than one premiere this month. In fact, I'm a little shocked at the lack of Spider-Man, given the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (you'd think they'd jump on that bandwagon, as they did with EMH).

Poweranimals

Invincible
It might be because Disney/Marvel doesn't technically own or profit from ASM. I doubt they want to promote it in any shape or form. As for the other shows, they better have one heck of a summer planned. And I'm guessing they do with two DCOMS and GMW on the horizon.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
So, how long is Wander going to be pushed under the carpet? Are the next batch of episodes not done yet, or is the network simply too ignorant?

Seriously, it's really starting to annoy me how all of their good shows are being practically banished by some abysmal scheduling. It doesn't help that what DC told McCracken about the main channel at least having reruns is so far turning out to be a kind-of insulting lie.
To be fair, not much is going on in May, so a lack of Wander, Gravity Falls, and the like doesn't mean anything; only some random episodes of their kidcoms, since they probably are saving episodes for all of their shows when Girl Meets World premieres.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
To be fair, not much is going on in May, so a lack of Wander, Gravity Falls, and the like doesn't mean anything; only some random episodes of their kidcoms, since they probably are saving episodes for all of their shows when Girl Meets World premieres.

I was more referring to how they are removed from the main channel's schedule entirely, but that actually makes a good amount of sense.

Really, I wasn't even remotely expecting new Gravity Falls for May since I'm aware season 2 is supposed to come out in the Summer.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
I'm starting to believe that the reason why the May schedule is so light is that, as has been speculated around here, is that the U.S. Disney Channel is planning to update the logo of Disney Channel to something resembling the recently launched free-to-air Disney Channel in Germany. The new graphics used for promos there will also likely be applied to the U.S. version of the Disney Channel, most likely once Girl Meets World debuts.

But that doesn't mean I'm not worried about up-and-comers like Alex Hirsch. Disney really needs to get its marketing together. It's not enough to simply throw creator-driven cartoons in the same realm as kidcoms. Nickelodeon certainly realizes this, even if their shows tend to cater more to the lowest common denominator.

What about Daron Nefcy? She has a brand new show, Star and the Forces of Evil, that was supposed to make its debut on Disney Channel this fall. However, considering the recent changes for animated programs for Disney Channel and Disney XD, I worry Disney history will repeat itself, and just like W.I.T.C.H. a decade ago, Disney decides to make Star a Disney XD show instead of a Disney Channel one.

Also, If you look at the history of Toon Disney and Disney XD, about every 5 years, major changes happen to the channel. In 2004, Jetix was launched on Toon Disney, and began to slowly overtake most TD programming. In 2009, the entire channel was renamed "Disney XD." So, if the pattern continues, 2014 is right on time for a graphics overhaul for the network, and just like with Girl Meets World on DC, there is a show coming to XD that is ideal for a promo graphics relaunch on Disney XD: Star Wars Rebels. So, I think it's possible both channels may have a different look soon.

ILDC

What about Daron Nefcy? She has a brand new show, Star and the Forces of Evil, that was supposed to make its debut on Disney Channel this fall. However, considering the recent changes for animated programs for Disney Channel and Disney XD, I worry Disney history will repeat itself, and just like W.I.T.C.H. a decade ago, Disney decides to make Star a Disney XD show instead of a Disney Channel one.
I thought they said they were aiming for Fall 2014.

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
Well, that is if the show's still happening. Since the announcement, there's been little info outside of the lead and creator. I really do want it to be in production though; I love Eden Sher to death, Daron Nefcy's art is fantastic, and I like seeing a female voice in the animation industry outside of Rebecca Sugar.

ILDC

Well, that is if the show's still happening. Since the announcement, there's been little info outside of the lead and creator. I really do want it to be in production though; I love Eden Sher to death, Daron Nefcy's art is fantastic, and I like seeing a female voice in the animation industry outside of Rebecca Sugar.
Disney tends to be more hush-hush about announced cartoons than its competitors. Don't worry about it too much, especially considering the show is sounding more female-oriented than GF and WoY.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
Disney tends to be more hush-hush about announced cartoons than its competitors. Don't worry about it too much, especially considering the show is sounding more female-oriented than GF and WoY.

And there is an obvious sign here that Disney goes to great lengths to keep quiet about their animated shows. If you look back before Star was formally announced, there was a discussion here about it as an upcoming Disney animated show. In that discussion, there were links to what Star looked like. Those links now go to pages that have disappeared. Apparently, just like that other big "Star" named IP Disney got in 2012, they really want the creative folks to stay silent.

cakeface33

Not really anything special here. DC seems like it's really trying to hammer in Win,Lose or Draw,when in reality it's nothing more thankids trying to decipher chicken scratch on giant iPads. I watched a few episodes and there's just not much good about it.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Family Game Night is best game show! And I don't care that much about that one, either...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.
Looking at the Boomerang Imaginary Rebrand pitch really makes me wish that we get this rebrand instead of what we got in 2015.

I was at my local Wal-Mart, and they had merchandise out for the new Garfield movie. There's a plush doll of Baby Garfield that meows, and you have to feed him a piece of lasagna or pizza.

Featured Posts