Leonard Nimoy Passes Away at Age 83

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Oh no. He was my favorite Star Trek cast member, and he was very classy on Twitter as well. He also seemed very dedicated as Spock, doing all those cameos in various spin-offs and parodies.

There is some speculation that he finished recording for Kingdom Hearts III, so that may be his final posthumous product.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I'm unsure whether to be emotional or not -- it's not the Vulcan way.

Oh no. He was my favorite Star Trek cast member, and he was very classy on Twitter as well. He also seemed very dedicated as Spock, doing all those cameos in various spin-offs and parodies.

There is some speculation that he finished recording for Kingdom Hearts III, so that may be his final posthumous product.

Who would he play in that game?

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Farewell Mr Nimoy.

[video=youtube;vtQUePN5y40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtQUePN5y40[/video]

You were a great actor but a even better human being. You will be miss :(.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
originally posted by Peter Paltridge
Who would he play in that game?

Master Xehanort, the ultimate version of the big bad of that game. He was going to return to end his arc in Kingdom Hearts 3 so yeah I do hope he actually did finish recording lines even if that game only comes out in 2017 so he can finish off the legacy of that character.

I admit I'm not that big a Star Trek fan as heck the only movies I even saw of the franchise were the two reboots but you don't have to know the series to know the character he played, the impression that left on pop culture, or just how awesome and truly epic a guy Mr. Nimoy was. He truly helped bring the idea of actual alien creatures as heroes into a forefront never seen on shows before and his dedication and work on and off screen TV and the like is truly legendary. And though this is a world where we cannot have him come back and have to forever life with such a tremendous loss, that doesn't mean his impact will ever stop. In the hearts and minds and thoughts of us all he always live long and prosper, and I'm sure we are all thankful for that and what he has given us over his many many years as an entertainer.

Light Lucario

Staff member
This is really sad news. I'm not much of a Star Trek person myself, but he was one of the most well known actors from the original series and he seemed to enjoy playing his character Spock. He made cameo appearances in the newest movies too. He seemed like he was a really nice person and it's quite sad to hear of his passing. I hope that he is at peace and that his friends and family members will be okay.

DecaTilde

Beauty is only fur deep.
"Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human." -Capt. James T. Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Live long and prosper.

Frontier

Staff member
This is a very sad passing. Mr. Nimoy's was a Sci-Fi and TV icon, with a valued and priceless position in popular culture, and I've heard nothing but great and wonderful things about him as a human being and what he's done for others. It makes this loss all the more tragic :crying:.

Live long and prosper Mr. Nimoy :(.

Toon Master

Nimoy's death reminds us all once again why nobody should smoke. I'm devastated right now. This is not what I wanted to hear today. R.I.P. Leonard, thanks for all you've given us. You lived long and prospered.

hobbyfan

Let us not forget his other TV work (i.e. In Search Of, succeeding Martin Landau on Mission: Impossible, etc.). He was a class act all the way.

Bones, Scotty, Nurse Chapel, and now Spock. 4 orignal cast members gone. RIP.

BartWinkle

When I first saw Nimoy's face I thought he looked a bit like the late Fess [Daniel Boone] Parker, which was appropriate, since "Star Trek" followed DB in the former's first season. RIP Leonard.

Gatomon41

Digipunk
One of the greatest Renaissance Men of our time - actor, writer, director, artist. It's a sad day, and a loss for the world.

I don't think the SF world would have been the same without Nimoy as Spock - a character of depth and wonderment that was shaped by Nimoy. He gave us a character of contrasts, a commentator on the human condition, and a role model: to not let our emotions rule over us, and to think. But Nimoy was not just Spock - he was much more, and just hearing about his life is amazing.

Requiescat in pace, Leonard Nimoy. And thank you.

Dr.Pepper

I never watched much Star Trek but I did use to watch reruns of In Search of... on the History Channel back around 15 years ago. So that is where I mostly know him from. Sad to see him go.

Road to Gotham

Recenly saw him on THE VIRGINIAN. He played a lawman along with Michael Ansara(Mr. Freeze from B:TAS).
It was a good pre Star Trek role for Nimoy.

Rest In Peace and Live Long and Prosper!!!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.
Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.

Featured Posts