"Justice League vs. The Fatal Five" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Okay when is the digital release on this? Would it be in time for me to see it opening day on the DC Universe 80 cent one month subscription offer?

Batboy84

The debut for animated movies on the streaming service has always been timed with the physical date so far (granted we've only had one example so far). If you use that special offer, you should be able to catch it during that month, be it April 16th or April 23rd when the movie comes out.

Batboy84

But is the Blu-Ray the same day as the Digital release? Or is that just for DC Universe streaming?
The digital release date is March 30th. So yeah, just DC Universe and other streaming services in general if they're getting it (I have no idea on what other services would get it though).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Another topic regarding this movie's continuity with the DCAU. Bruce Timm seems to be hedging his bets with this and Batman And Harley Quinn and calling them both "DCAU adjacent". What people need to remember is that he did the same thing with Batman Beyond while it aired. It was supposedly only a possible future while the premise was new and controversial. It's only once fans started to accept and embrace it that he made it "official" in JLU. Something similar might happen with these two movies.

This movie will be going in my DCAU Timeline. It will be updated next month.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If you think about it, any new stories set in the "present" will always makes Batman Beyond and the Legion of Superheroes era, 'adjacent' because any new time travel sheninigans will continue to disrupt the future and could alters details albeit minor or major.

Batboy84

Another topic regarding this movie's continuity with the DCAU. Bruce Timm seems to be hedging his bets with this and Batman And Harley Quinn and calling them both "DCAU adjacent". What people need to remember is that he did the same thing with Batman Beyond while it aired. It was supposedly only a possible future while the premise was new and controversial. It's only once fans started to accept and embrace it that he made it "official" in JLU. Something similar might happen with these two movies.
The problems with Batman & Harley Quinn though is that its 1. mediocre at best (though to be fair, same could be said for Mystery of the Batwoman) and 2. (and most importantly) is so tonally different from the rest of the DCAU that it sticks out like a sore thumb. It felt just like the earlier DCUAOMs like Superman Doomsday, in the sense that profanity and blood (and in B&HQ's case, sex) were being thrown in there to justify a PG-13 (it felt like that's why they did it anyway), except in this case it felt like they did it because it's B:TAS, since it was so heavily censored by Fox Kids back in the day. (If I am wrong on this in any way, by all means, feel free to correct me.) Anyway, getting back on topic, I have considerably more faith in JLvsFF being more widely accepted, even with that MPAA rating and description, mostly because it's looking to be similar in tone to the DCAU.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
To mark the arrival of Justice League vs. The Fatal Five, The World’s Finest caught up with Dynamic Music Partners to discuss their work in scoring the upcoming DC Universe Movie release. In this Q & A, Dynamic Music Partners – consisting of Michael McCuistion, Lolita Ritmanis and Kristopher Carter – touch upon their work for aforementioned animated feature, how it felt to return to both the DCAU and Young Justice, some of their favorite Justice League scores, misconceptions on the scoring process, and much more. Click on the image below to check out the interview, right here at The World’s Finest!

#TeamMike

This movie will be going in my DCAU Timeline. It will be updated next month.

That's fine, it's up to the fans to decide themselves, Sam Liu has even said this.

Everybody has their own personal interpretation. Some consider the video games such as Rise of Sin Tzu, the tie in comics, and even episodes like Batman: The Brave and the Bold "Night of the Batmen" to be canon. Heck, I've seen pretty compelling arguments about Brainiac Attacks being canon, and I would argue it fits better than Batman and Harley Quinn.

@iammattie asked me why I get so grouchy about this, it's because I'm annoyed at another DC DTV getting bogged down by continuity talk. Like seriously who cares, the JLU show officially ended 13 years ago. I am fairly certain the creative team just wants to make a great standalone movie, with maybe some nostalgia throwbacks.

From the interview Worlds Finest just posted up above.
Without giving anything away, I will say that fans of both Justice League and Justice League Unlimited will not be disappointed. That being said, this is a new story, and with that terrific opportunities to create new themes, new textures, a bringing together traditional with contemporary sounds

What ticks me off is when people take their personal head canon, and try to force it on others as "official."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.
"WBD just hates animation! They don't care about it!"

Counterpoint: Me TV Toons.
I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Featured Posts