Justice League "The Brave & the Bold, Parts 1 & 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Go ahead and rate it...

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • **** 1/2

Votes: 20 23.0%

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • *** 1/2

Votes: 8 9.2%

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ** 1/2

Votes: 4 4.6%

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • * 1/2

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Episode #14 - The Brave And The Bold, Part 1
Original Airdate - March 10th, 2002

Flash and Green Lantern stumble upon Gorilla Grodd and a plot against the secret "Gorilla City".

Episode #15 - The Brave And The Bold, Part 2
Original Airdate - March 17th, 2002

Flash must stop Gorilla Grodd while Green Lantern attempts to disarm warheads.

Comments?

C

Clark J. Kent

JL "The Brave & the Bold" Talkback (Spoilers)

WARNING!! This thread contains spoilers! Turn back now if you don't want the episode spoiled! There will be no second warning!

At this point in JL history, we've seen 5½ story-arcs, and twelve individual episodes. Out of them all, (although I thought that nothing would top The Enemy Below,) part one of The Brave and the Bold is the best I've ever seen.

Words cannot describe the episode I've seen tonight. I loved everything about it. All the underlying references to all the events in comics... Flash's head being really huge, Flash turning into a puppet on strings, turning into an ape, a glimpse of his origin. Spectacular!

I loved the fact that not all the League was included in this episode. I think we needed that. A break from Superman and J'Onn was welcome.

I loved the girls wanting Flash to shut up. I loved the dropping of "Solomon Grundy." I love Flash doing something substantial with his powers like saving the people from the falling rubble. I loved the use of showing everything else slow a la Carmine Infantino. I loved this episode to death!

:eek: I even liked Green Lantern.

My one complaint is the way they depict Flash's speed. He just does not look fast. If they slowed down everything else and showed him running like a human, that'd be fine. Or if they just made him one big red blur, I'd like that too. But they're trying to draw his every step, and that's really ruining the effect. We're not supposed to see how fast Flash moves. He's supposed to be too quick for the eyes.

God, I might add more later. But right now, I'm stunned at how good that episode was. Kudos to the writers!! We missed you, Dini! And good work McDuffie!!

And did anyone think about "Barry Allen" when we saw the blond cop in the station?

Creators, are you listening? Give us more episodes EXACTLY LIKE THIS.

Last edited by a moderator:

BatKid

The True Batman
I hope this episode is much better than the disappointing War World Part I episode. I loved the part in the commercials where Flash gave about 20 hamburgers to GL and jetted off somewhere. Gorilla Grodd also seems to be an interesting villain in this episode. I heard that Bats would show some emotion towards Diana in this arc, and I think this would be an interesting moment between the both of them.

TheHuntressDiana

Wonder Cutie
Name dropping...

. . . Grundy! :cool: Hehe . . . here come the villians!

And I have to say, I'm impressed with the falling building rescue.

Okay, commercials are almost over...be back later...

The Green Hornet

HOLY COW

This episode is *GREAT* FANTASTIC AMAZING

the begining with the Flash was just FUN, glimpsing his origin was too cool, its had pretty good dialogue, good animation and so far an interesting plot. his use of making a tornado was awesome, as is the reference to his hyper-metabolism. reminds me of the live action show on CBS

and for anyone whos about to complain that he couldnt catch that truck, the answer is he could-- but he was having TOO MUCH FUN!!

if the rest of the episode is as good as this is so far, its gonna easily own the crown as king of justice league eps so far :D

WOW WOW WOW

FIVE STARS

flash using his powers well, GL doing something with his ring other than a simple blast

THIS EPISODE HAD EVERYTHING but superman whuping Mongul as he should have last time ;)

this episode has totally shown me the potential of JL to be a GREAT show

whomever wrote this episode has my thanks

in a post on the Batman Superman and Beyond board, i said that i always smiled when watching STAS and i never knew why-- this epsiode left me smiling in just the same fashion

Borg4of3

Slish Slash Slosh!
Great lines, great animation, great story, great villain ([sarcastic] a talking monkey, what kind of threat is that[/sarcastic]), great characterization, great writing, great (and hilarious) vs-match between GL and Flash, great Gorilla City flashback, great... uh lots more things!

Great episode overall! Who wrote it, Paul Dini :p ? My fave lines for the night:

"And you didn't want us to give him our number"
"Get your paws off me, you stinking human!
"Look, we have a martian's number on our speed dial; can't you just give me the benefit of the doubt?"
"Ouch! Was that really necessary?"
"I'm pretty sure the two of us can take down one big, dumb gorilla"
"I hate bananas"

More later!

TheHuntressDiana

Wonder Cutie
Was it just me, or did anyone else laugh out loud when Lantern smacked him upside the head and said, "What were you thinking?"

Hahahahaha!

The banana bit was good too. :D

Joker85

Clown Prince
Dangit, I missed it. Could someone please tell me if it comes on later tonight. Or some other time during the week.

Domino

I liked this episode. The plot was better, and there was a tip of the hat to several Silver Age Flash comic covers, as promised.

Just one problem. The Flash can dodge ray blasts, but takes two minutes to catch a speeding truck weaving through traffic?? If he isn't running fast enough to catch the truck, then he sure has heck couldn't run on the side of a vertical wall!!

I realize that this chase was done with dramatic license, but come on, guys. You can do better than this.

Borg4of3

Slish Slash Slosh!
LOL! That entire conversation after Lantern posted bail was unbelievably hilarious!

Here's to great dialogue! :cheers!:

The Green Hornet

as i pointed out in my post above, it strikes me that he wasnt TRYING to catch the truck completely-- did you see the smile on his face the whole time? he was having fun

see superman or GL would have gone straight to take the truck out, but thats not how Flash plays the game =)

Wing Zero

Yea that truck chasing was about the only thing that slightly bothered me. Otherwise, everything else was great :)

Harvey Dent

The Batman
Say, did anyone else's TV screens go blank for about 5 seconds during the first chase sequence?

Thoughts:

• Paul Dini does it again. Damn, I wish this guy was a producer on the show!
  • I like that Wally's origin was shown. Nice touch.
  • The Flash running animation still looks funny to me. It looks like he's running at normal speeds with a blurry effect.
  • I'm pretty sure they were in Central City, but the police cars had the same markings as the Metropolis PD. Strange...
  • Green Lantern continues to grow on me.

If Part II is anywhere near as good as Part I, I think this may rival "The Enemy Below" as my favorite story so far this season.

The Green Hornet

then it wasnt just my tv that blanked

i about had a heart attack thinking that i wasnt gonna get to see the episode ;)

anyway since we saw wally in a lab, does that mean he works for central city PD a la Barry? i thought i saw a look of recognition or something on his face when he realized where he was

btw

PAUL DINI IS GOD

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts