Justice League Adventures #3 Talkback (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Justice League Adventures #3 Talkback

JUSTICE LEAGUE ADVENTURES #3

Written by Fabian Nicieza; art and cover by John Delaney and Randy Elliot

In stores January 9. The comic inspired by the Cartoon Network series continues! The Justice League saves four space travelers from an unknown planet named…Daxam! Are these weary refugees exiled freedom fighters or escaped convicts? And what happens when they discover the gift of...a yellow sun? Has the League found brand new friends, or brand new foes?

Comments?

John Delaney

Hi Everybody
Well today is the day! Justice League Adventures # 3 is out. What do you think? I'm looking forward to everyone's comments.
Personally I think the colors Rock!!!
Cheers
John

Supermon

I gotta say I liked this issue a lot. The story was alright and the art totally rocked. Mr. Delaney, you have mastered the animated style. Especially the page with Wonder Woman and Superman's conversation. Wow.
There were times were Supes looked like a smiling idiot, but overall it was a great effort.
Oh by the way John, thanks for throwing Alfred in there, it was awesome seeing him.

I thought Nicieza nailed most of the dialouge. There was a lot of humor and all the characters were right on mark.
I also thought Superman's connection with the female alien was interesting.

This series continues to improve and I can't wait for next months Amazon story, although I will miss Delaney's artwork.
He's got the stuff!

Trent Lane

How can that be?!
The buzz make this one sound good on both ends- good story and great art... and an appearance by Alfred?! I'll have to squeeze some time into my busy day tomorrow and pick this issue up!!! :D

John Delaney

Originally posted by Superman
I gotta say I liked this issue a lot. The story was alright and the art totally rocked. Mr. Delaney, you have mastered the animated style. Especially the page with Wonder Woman and Superman's conversation. Wow.
There were times were Supes looked like a smiling idiot, but overall it was a great effort.
Oh by the way John, thanks for throwing Alfred in there, it was awesome seeing him.

I thought Nicieza nailed most of the dialouge. There was a lot of humor and all the characters were right on mark.
I also thought Superman's connection with the female alien was interesting.

This series continues to improve and I can't wait for next months Amazon story, although I will miss Delaney's artwork.
He's got the stuff!
Hey Superman,
Thanks Tons O'! Alfred is one of my all time favorite characters too, so I was very pleased when Fabian wrote him into the script.
I was really pumped with the WW and- Supes conversation page. Randy's inks were right on mark and John's colors on that page just blew me away, talk about nailing the mood!
I was trying to convey's Superman's excitement at meeting others like himself so hence the smiling idiot look ;)
I agree, Fabian really nailed the voices of the characters, and I liked how subtle he was with the various interactions
Thanks Again
John

Manhunter

Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
When I was reading it,I was thinking to myself,"This could actually be an episode."Hell it SHOULD be an episode!With John doing storyboards,of course.

John Delaney

Originally posted by Manhunter
When I was reading it,I was thinking to myself,"This could actually be an episode."Hell it SHOULD be an episode!With John doing storyboards,of course.
I would love to storyboard this episode, imagine the camera circling Superman as he points out the devastation of Quarac to the Daxamites. Man, it would be cool!!
John

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I really, really, really enjoyed this issue. i was skeptical with the series after the firts couple of issuesw, but now I'm sure I'll be sticking around this book for awehile. It all looks just so nice. The art was just great and the story was pretty well done. Hopefully we'll escape from the aliens story more, but this was a cool issue.

John Delaney

Originally posted by Dick Grayson
I really, really, really enjoyed this issue. i was skeptical with the series after the firts couple of issuesw, but now I'm sure I'll be sticking around this book for awehile. It all looks just so nice. The art was just great and the story was pretty well done. Hopefully we'll escape from the aliens story more, but this was a cool issue.
Man, thanks alot Dick!
I'm just so pleased that all the response is so positive. As you know I was very conscious of trying to really emulate the look of the new designs and I was so stoked when I saw the inks and colors. John Kalisz (the colorist) is a credit to his profession. He brought so much depth and dimension to the pages without losing the animated "look".
Now, being the hardcore animated Batman fan that you are Dick, did you happen to notice the Jack Ryder (The Creeper) cameo I threw in at the bottom of page 5?
Continuity is my middle name
John (actually it's Peter, but why quibble)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I caught that! That was a great little in joke? Did you do that, or Fabian? I really liked seeing good ol' Alfred in there. It's been too long! I'll admit I was reall ylooking forward to this issue, basing it on your previous ADCU works, but when I saw it - I was just blown away. Anychamnce you can get on this title permenatly? :)

Batman 80

College Student
Since I living on Campus my issue #3 is at home unfortunetly. But from what I hear this issue sounds real good. Keep up the good work John. Can someone tell me what Superman and Diana were talking about? Somebody mentioned it in an earlier post.

John Delaney

I caught that! That was a great little in joke? Did you do that, or Fabian? I really liked seeing good ol' Alfred in there. It's been too long! I'll admit I was reall ylooking forward to this issue, basing it on your previous ADCU works, but when I saw it - I was just blown away. Anychamnce you can get on this title permenatly? :)
The Jack Ryder cameo was all mine. Fabian just asked for a reporter standing on the street, but I've always loved The Creeper so I knew immediately who I was going to use.
As for if I could get on the book permanently? I would love to, but I think it's going to be up to the fans. If they really want that to happen hopefully they will inundate DC and Dan Raspler with requests for that. Fan-based demands hold a lot of water with editors so if you guys really want that to happen it's up to you!
Cheers
John

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I think that this title should get a firm creatiove team. Looked what happened to the magnificent Superman Adventures when rotating creative teams were initiated. The quality and sales took a nasty spill - and the title never recovered. A permenant created team would just work nice. I think idealy it'd be nice to see a Storrie/Delaney creative team on JL Adv and Grayson/Graves on Gotham Adventures. If not Graves, then Cameron Stewart.

But back on topic, #3 stands on top as the best issue of the series yet.

PDStorrie

I think that this title should get a firm creatiove team. Looked what happened to the magnificent Superman Adventures when rotating creative teams were initiated. The quality and sales took a nasty spill - and the title never recovered. A permenant created team would just work nice. I think idealy it'd be nice to see a Storrie/Delaney creative team on JL Adv and Grayson/Graves on Gotham Adventures. If not Graves, then Cameron Stewart.

But back on topic, #3 stands on top as the best issue of the series yet.

I appreciate the compliment, James.

PDS

Batman 80

College Student
I just read on a message board that Diana went after Superman? Did she show some kind of feelings towards him?

Clayface

Molecularly Malleable Mod
Hmmm. Well, I can't say that I loved this issue like many others seem to have. I'm kind of luke-warm on the series so far. I thought the first issue was horrible, I thought the second issue was great, and now the third issue was...so-so.

As everyone's said, the art was great - I've certainly got no complaints about that. And I appreciate the various nods to the Batman fans.

The story was ok, but didn't really grab my interest at all - I knew from the start it was going to be a preachy story about the dangers of too much power, and that's exactly what I got. And much of the humor just fell flat on this one for me - especailly Flash's lines. I mean, they're standing in what is essentially a gigantic tomb and he's making wise-cracks about the "hot" alien "babe"? Ugh - that really turned me off to the writing.

John Delaney

Originally posted by Clayface
Hmmm. Well, I can't say that I loved this issue like many others seem to have. I'm kind of luke-warm on the series so far. I thought the first issue was horrible, I thought the second issue was great, and now the third issue was...so-so.

As everyone's said, the art was great - I've certainly got no complaints about that. And I appreciate the various nods to the Batman fans.

The story was ok, but didn't really grab my interest at all - I knew from the start it was going to be a preachy story about the dangers of too much power, and that's exactly what I got. And much of the humor just fell flat on this one for me - especailly Flash's lines. I mean, they're standing in what is essentially a gigantic tomb and he's making wise-cracks about the "hot" alien "babe"? Ugh - that really turned me off to the writing.
Hey Clayface
Thanks so much for the art praise, as for the story, I guess it's not going to appeal to everyone but I felt that Fabian really captured the "voices" of the characters. The Flash line you referred to didn't strike me the same way, I get the feeling this Flash is a bit like early Spiderman in that he masks uncomfortable or dangerous situations with humour in order to deal with them.
Still it might not be for everybody.
Thanks again for your observations
Cheers
John

The Green Hornet

Hey Clayface
Thanks so much for the art praise, as for the story, I guess it's not going to appeal to everyone but I felt that Fabian really captured the "voices" of the characters. The Flash line you referred to didn't strike me the same way, I get the feeling this Flash is a bit like early Spiderman in that he masks uncomfortable or dangerous situations with humour in order to deal with them.
Still it might not be for everybody.
Thanks again for your observations
Cheers
John

John-
Thats a very astute statement about the Flash. I had just been pondering the same comparison the other day-- and for everyone complaining about Flash's lines being cheezy etc, consider how often Spidey uses lines of a similar fashion. Flash is a hotshot who loves self-promotion and is without a doubt the youngest member of the team-- 20's would be my guess?

in my opinion his motormouth helps to make Flash cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Lightning

I'm vibrating my molecules...
lash just wouldn't be flash without his motor mouth. Its almost the same reason I i like spidey so much too. Some comics would be so boring without someone to lighte them up. In a way Flash and Spiderman are like twins.

Keep up the awesome flash runnin effects. I liked those the most!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts