International Nickelodeon Thread Part 13

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Even though previously omitted TLH episodes from S1 were dubbed into Hungarian, Czech, etc..., "Lincoln Loud: Girl Guru" is still aired with m/e only on HU, CZ, RO and BG audiotracks on Nicktoons HD CEE.

And at least S1E20 ("Roughin' It/The Waitin' Game") on Hungarian audiotrack has the opening theme dubbed into Hungarian, comparing to the previous' episodes from Season 1 that had them left in English.

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nicktoons UK has never aired Rise of the TMNT season 2. In fact, it hasn't aired Rise at all for a few years now. :(

nevocated

What the what?
Something I've noticed recently; Nickelodeon UK seems to be really picky when it comes to airing P+ original shows. They still have yet to air Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years and Big Nate, yet they were extremely quick to air Transformers: Earthspark and Monster High.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Discussion continued from: International Kids Channels Thread

According to Omnidirectional on DigitalSpy:

Previously, Sky's shareholding in Nickelodeon UK prevented them from launching a linear kids channel but Companies House shows Sky sold their stake in Nickelodeon UK on 31st October and it's now fully owned by ViacomCBS/Paramount. That's probably why various Nick channels are changing transponders at the moment.

They kept that quiet, yeah from what I see Kidsprog (Sky's holding company for what was their share in Nickelodeon UK) no longer have control of the company, and Sky's members of Nick UK's board have resigned.

I guess there's probably no reason for Nickelodeon UK Ltd. to exist now, and all Nick UK operations could be transferred to Nickelodeon International Ltd.

So yeah, Sky has free rein to launch a kids channel in the UK now, and now Paramount has full control over Nick UK. Sky already has a streaming deal with Paramount+, so I guess there's little risk of leaving the Nick partnership.

Sky is also involved in the Paramount UK Partnership (trading as Comedy Central) which is loosely associated to Nickelodeon, as both Comedy Central (was the Paramount Channel and Paramount Comedy back then) and Nickelodeon used to timeshare since 1995.

It would also be interesting to see what this means for the CBS/AMC partnership as well.

Looks like I will have to update this page too :D The Reason Why Sky Can't Launch A Kids Channel In The UK

BloggerHU

Nickelodeon CEE realized that the new Star Trek: Prodigy episodes (17-20) would be a worldwide premiere on the network, before Paramount+ release in the US and they removed the whole series from today from the channel. There is no new premiere date announced.

SprytekPL

Globox Moment
I guess there's probably no reason for Nickelodeon UK Ltd. to exist now, and all Nick UK operations could be transferred to Nickelodeon International Ltd.
If that happened, Nick International should keep it independent and not give it to the Dutch team.

J10

I think Nickelodeon UK (Main Channel) should now move the DOG to the top, and change it to Nickelodeon, after Sky’s holding company sold their stake.

Or maybe flip it to the German-style, where Ireland should put the label under Nick DOG, after moving it to the top.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Nickelodeon Switzerland started skipping the new SpongeBob episodes at 16:00 CET. Then CEE, Poland and Austria did too apparently?

Nickelodeon Austria continuity with the old Commercial Light night schedule:

In December, Austria will use the exact CEE schedule again (6:00-20:15) with Lego City Adventures replaced by It's Pony.

Francisque

I think Nickelodeon UK (Main Channel) should now move the DOG to the top, and change it to Nickelodeon, after Sky’s holding company sold their stake.

Or maybe flip it to the German-style, where Ireland should put the label under Nick DOG, after moving it to the top.
The control is still under the same British Paramount team as before

BloggerHU

Nickelodeon Switzerland started skipping the new SpongeBob episodes at 16:00 CET. Then CEE, Poland and Austria did too apparently?
What do you mean in skipping episodes? CEE airs it in a chaotic way. Last week the episodes aired normally at 16:00, but starting this week the new episodes are in the mornings at 8:30 and at 16:00 they a repeat from the new batch.
From Mentrum, they aired in this order:

1669218708328.png

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
yeah. It probably happened like that, I didn't really understand how they did it. All I know that some episodes didn't premiere in Switzerland and then it got chaotic on CEE, Poland and Austria too.

Edit: I checked again. Switzerland is definitely skipping episodes while the other feeds are airing it in this order.

Last edited:

NixcoBox12

Also known as pizzabob, also a dubbing archiver
Very interesting that Paramount International has full control/ownership of Nickelodeon UK now! I agree with the people who say that they should move the screenbug to the top and possibly add an Ireland text to the Irish subfeed (same as the UK but with Irish ads), like Nickelodeon Germany and Austria/Switzerland

Reactions: J10

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
It's just my opinion, but I think the country's name under the screenbug is just super ugly. Austria (already does it sometimes) and Switzerland should switch to the Nickelodeon CEE screenbug while Germany stays as it is. While Austria and Switzerland are like CEE (also terms of scheduling), Nick Germany is completely different.

Francisque

Very interesting that Paramount International has full control/ownership of Nickelodeon UK now! I agree with the people who say that they should move the screenbug to the top and possibly add an Ireland text to the Irish subfeed (same as the UK but with Irish ads), like Nickelodeon Germany and Austria/Switzerland
Rather, Austria should drop it!

Why should Ireland be included in the DOG? Irish subfeed never should do, it sounds too "nationalistic" and cheesy too.

Anyway, the German/Dutch team and the British team think very differently in many instances.

The only think they might should do is to move the DOGs to the top these days , but it's not like this move is relevant to this.

Sky never had much of a say on most things on the channels anyway

J10

The control is still under the same British Paramount team as before
Isn't there Paramount Networks UK & Australia? Nick Australia has their DOG on the top, so I was wondering why they're still on the bottom in the UK?

Last edited:

Francisque

I think Nick Australia is now under control of the German/Dutch team?
Yes, while the British feeds are in the same team as Channel 5, Comedy Central UK etc.
Basically, the way it's always been

The way I see it, probably the British managers, thought that it was better to consign the management of MTV Australia, Nickelodeon Australia etc. to the main European team (Dutch team), with their "cheapish" penny-saving approach.

However, the main Paramount channels in Australia (mostly the Ten ones) appear to be autochthonous, as they look much different

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts