General International TV Channels Thread

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Wow, even BBC Entertainment is gone now. I think there are now only 1 British and 6 American pay channels left with Dutch subtitles.

BBC First
STAR Channel
National Geographic Wild
Discovery Science
ID Investigation Discovery
History
Crime+Investigation

I'm actually surprised that Discovery Science still exists. Don't all of those programs also air on Discovery Channel?
Here National Geographic Wild, TLC and ID are in that league (with subtitles)

BBC Entertainment was the last remaining English-language entertainment channel (without subtitles)

There are still some English-language niche channels but these are becoming fewer and fewer by the day. The trend: go local, ditch global. With Portugal being an aging country and with most cable users not going beyong channel 8 or 9, foreign-language channels or channels with foreign content have fewer ratings and foreign-language channels without translation are seen as an afterthought.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
WTV is airing four Lego movies next month. Probably the only kids content it'll get. Imo it's roughly managed. They really should air something in the morning or at night. AT, RS, Unikitty, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry... anything would do.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
So I looked at the schedule instead of just highlights and they will be airing also The Iron Giant, Where The Wild Things Are, Scanner Darkly. Finally something, though just movies. But I'll still write them.

As for Dečko, they are airing shows like Tumble Leaf, Ava Riko Teo, Paw Patrol, Smurfs, Top Wing, The Little Orchestra, Paws of Destiny, Mira Royal Detective, Penguins.

Insidus

Few days ago, Premier Sports has been relaunched, replacing Viaplay UK.

Rather than 36.6%, it jumps to 40.01%.

Guess the company will be called “Multichoice: A Canal+ Company”, like SPI International and M7 Group.
They can't even be listed in the JSE because they don't allow foreign entities that's one way to get away with murder. There's clashes with their assets and MultiChoice e.g. FilmBox and M-Net Movies expecting a merger as opposed to a sale.

MultiChoice will be removing their 11th TV channel in under 4 months on DStv.

Attachments

• GK_0RsHWIAEPWfp.jpeg
    GK_0RsHWIAEPWfp.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 25

J10

They can't even be listed in the JSE because they don't allow foreign entities that's one way to get away with murder. There's clashes with their assets and MultiChoice e.g. FilmBox and M-Net Movies expecting a merger as opposed to a sale.

MultiChoice will be removing their 11th TV channel in under 4 months on DStv.
That’s what I said before, which is antitrust issues.

I was saying that the logo for the company would be like M7 Group or just add the title “A Canal+ Company” on the logo, when going to 50% shareholder (NOT beyond because of laws there). This is what I mean.

Impossible for FilmBox and M-Net Movies to merger, as their content are very different. If they went to 50% for DStv, then they’d decide to rebrand most of their channels to Canal+. (e.g. MNet to Canal+ Horizon, Canal+ Premium, or Canal+, while MNet Movies to Canal+ Cinema or Canal+ Films, Supersport to Canal+ Supersport or Canal+ Sport EN, etc.).

Last edited:

Insidus

That’s what I said before, which is antitrust issues.

I was saying that the logo for the company would be like M7 Group or just add the title “A Canal+ Company” on the logo, when going to 50% shareholder (NOT beyond because of laws there). This is what I mean.

Impossible for FilmBox and M-Net Movies to merger, as their content are very different. If they went to 50% for DStv, then they’d decide to rebrand most of their channels to Canal+. (e.g. MNet to Canal+ Horizon, Canal+ Premium, or Canal+, while MNet Movies to Canal+ Cinema or Canal+ Films, Supersport to Canal+ Supersport or Canal+ Sport EN, etc.).
I had imagined them keeping most of the trademarks intact as Canal+ Afrique offers M-Net Movies and SuperSport I guess if it were a channel for only local commissions e.g. Mzansi Magic. Rebranding them would take some getting use to and consumers aren't even familiar with Canal+ but hey they do offer services in Europe so I guess that counts.

Imagine, I had listened to a radio interview where a TV critic put most of the concern on local channels and these names come up not that the content would disappear but wow.

Reactions: J10

J10

TVN has debuted another few idents.

Forgot to mention that, they dropped WBD logo from the idents since the relaunch to the look.

One month and they created another ident after they stuck with their first ident and also going further with the Eastern idents.

For the time being, I thought that the company would reject it before this rebrand, which doesn’t have any announcement for it before it happened, and have a different look by going for DixonBaxi (the creator for TNT Sports UK branding) or to Canadian and/or US-based ones, but they preferred it and greenlit this rebrand.

Last edited:

RONTV

TVN has debuted another few idents.

Forgot to mention that, they dropped WBD logo from the idents.

One month and they created another ident after they stuck with their first ident and also going further with the Eastern idents.

For the time being, I thought that the company would reject it before this rebrand, which doesn’t have any announcement for it before it happened, and have a different look by going for DixonBaxi (the creator for TNT Sports UK look) or to Canadian and/or US-based ones, but they preferred it and greenlit this rebrand.
How about Gedeon (the creator for M6 france look)? I think Gedeon has better look/redesigns for France channels like M6 or OCS so why not TVN preferred this and greenlit a better rebrand.

J10

How about Gedeon (the creator for M6 france look)? I think Gedeon has better look/redesigns for France channels like M6 or OCS so why not TVN preferred this and greenlit a better rebrand.
That would be better rather than waiting for month to get bunch of main idents and few weeks for Eastern idents. That design agency, who designed for TVN’s recent look, created a single ident (and including the 5s and 2s ones) and ones for commercial breaks and promos, and they said that they’d create bunch of idents in slow phases and they debuted it few days ago after slacking.

Even the loop, which was aired before in the previous looks, they didn’t make it for the new look. Just air the bumper in a loop until the maintenance time has ended.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Remember the BabyTV hack last month?

The same team hacked more Ukrainian channels, this time their target was Astra, where 1+1's multiplexes are.

PlusPlus and 1+1 Marafon (the one I have) were airing an excerpt of the interview Tucker Carlson did to Putin

The bug was the same as the "channel" on March 28

I have 1+1 Marafon and the channel is in prolonged periods of black screens

Before the interview a few seconds of 1+1 Marafon aired live before cutting to the playlist from "FOR LIFE", this time the hack was longer

The hack ended on 1+1 Marafon as of the time I am writing

J10

Let's see how Canal+ and MultiChoice goes I guess
Zee has already announced it, months ago, and they officially scrapped it.

Actually, Zee won't get merged with any of the Indian networks anymore.

Canal+ is trying all the time to increase their shareholder from month to another. Maybe next month, it'll be 42%-45%.

canyuksel97

Also, Filmbox Brand Here In Turkey Is No More. They Now Became Filmscreen On Kablo TV And D-Smart.
That's Because Filmscreen/Gamescreen/Fightscreen/Docuscreen Is Now Part Of Cosmoblue.
filmscreen.png

filmscreen 2.png

However, Trailers At The End Are Still Using The Former Filmbox Graphics.
But This Channel Still Have Turkish Dubbing, Original Audio On The Secondary Audio And Subtitles As Well.
Other Channels Like Docuscreen, Fightscreen And Gamescreen Is Transmitting In English, Rather Than Turkish.

LDM2003

Remember the BabyTV hack last month?

The same team hacked more Ukrainian channels, this time their target was Astra, where 1+1's multiplexes are.

PlusPlus and 1+1 Marafon (the one I have) were airing an excerpt of the interview Tucker Carlson did to Putin

The bug was the same as the "channel" on March 28

I have 1+1 Marafon and the channel is in prolonged periods of black screens

Before the interview a few seconds of 1+1 Marafon aired live before cutting to the playlist from "FOR LIFE", this time the hack was longer

The hack ended on 1+1 Marafon as of the time I am writing
On this day, they hacked BabyTV again at 15:04 EEST

2024-04-17-210706_1366x768_scrot.png

J10

Also, Filmbox Brand Here In Turkey Is No More. They Now Became Filmscreen On Kablo TV And D-Smart.
That's Because Filmscreen/Gamescreen/Fightscreen/Docuscreen Is Now Part Of Cosmoblue.
View attachment 308078
View attachment 308079
However, Trailers At The End Are Still Using The Former Filmbox Graphics.
But This Channel Still Have Turkish Dubbing, Original Audio On The Secondary Audio And Subtitles As Well.
Other Channels Like Docuscreen, Fightscreen And Gamescreen Is Transmitting In English, Rather Than Turkish.
The channels has exited the country and its content are taken over by another company. Canal+ doesn't want to be involved in the Turkish market.

SPI channels has recently made deals Digital Virgo in some market, so the channels still broadcast in other markets.

Insidus

Expect more details by May 8

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
on April 15, ALLTV dropped most of its programming (including M.O.M.S., Kuha All!, Oh My Dad!, Asintado and ALLTV News) to make way for "Jeepney TV sa ALLTV" block (which is simulcast of Jeepney TV, though select programs (like ASAP Remix) remains cable-exclusive via the Jeepney TV channel) and TV Patrol.

its only pre-change programs left are ALLFLIX and Miracle.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel

Featured Posts