General International TV Channels Thread

Francisque

This will never work; you cannot expect a so "thematic" channel such as BBC Earth from the BBC; also, it'd have too competition from Ede.. also, this is property of BBC Worldwide, not the BBC proper
alternative comedy, art and music are too important focuses for the BBC, I can't see BBC Four going, for the time being

BBC One is too "generalist", and BBC Two is a "edgier" kind of channel

And no, BBC One and BBC Two don't need DOGs; but I agree they should drop "Subtitles" from the idents, some "nations" have done it already

J10

15 Minutes ago, FOX Middle East has started airing Prison Break. They will air it every Monday at 21:00 KSA.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A promo for Singapore Television Twelve. Possibly from the mid-90s.
Singapore Television Twelve actually consisted of two channels: the Tamil and Malay Prime 12 and the English Premiere 12. The channel replaced SBC 12 in 1994 and was not a part of the Television Corporation of Singapore. Singapore Television Twelve remained well into the 2000s, in 2000 when Mediacorp launched Suria it became the 3-in-1 Central (Kids, Arts and Vasantham) and was incorporated into Mediacorp in 2001.

Cool_Cat

In Italy they're going to force MPEG 4 on all the terrestrial TV channels in 2020, which means they'll get rid of the SD feeds.

Do you guys think an SD feed would still air on satellite? Because Mediaset does this "blend field" upscaling and it looks horrible.

animegamer

Online streaming is the future. South Asia isn't entirely ready.
In 2016 Star Sports limited the Premier League matches to HD only with the new (at that time) Star Sports Select channels. Due to backlash they launched SD versions of the channels in June 2017.

Cool_Cat

THIS is the problem:

vlcsnap-2018-08-14-15h32m15s224.png

Tbe RAI channels have a flawless upscaling so I don't mind about those. Mediaset Italia 1 really needs an SD feed,

Kenny321

I have photos of animal planet MENA FOX Crime MENA bein gourmet mena Dreamworks mena Fox action movies Mena fox life mena FOX mena fox movies mena fox rewayat MENA
aminal planet.png
Dreamworks mena.png
Fox action movies Mena.png
fox crime.png
fox life.png
FOX mena.png
fox movies mena.png
fox rewayat.png
bein gourmet mena.png

Kenny321

And how become
FOX and FOX Life are the two most-viewed entertainment channels in Portugal.
if they don't dubbing any shows

J10

AlKass Four and AlKass Five has been encrypted for the Asian Games 2018.

Also, beIN Sports MENA airs the Asian Games 2018, unfortunately they don’t use the Asian Music for the background. Instead, they use the World Cup 2018 Song.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts