"Deadpool" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Indeed or as luck may have it, maybe it's more than a nod or director favorite and her appearance is seeding Morlocks appearing in a future film(s).

Frontier

Staff member
It would be doubly cool if there's also references in Apocalypse to Storm having dealings or interactions with another group of underground Mutants :).

Frontier

Staff member

RoryWilliams

12/30: Stills from the EMPIRE article. One of interest shows Negasonic in a classic X-Men uniform. Hmm.

Maybe they plan to use this to start sewing the seeds for the New Mutants movie. They did confirm Cannonball was in earlier drafts of the script before getting written out...

Deadpool_2_2.jpg

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Perhaps. Use the universe you created then rebooted.

Now we just need to see Wolverine in his classic yellow outfit... :D

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
On one hand this is really sour news because it's pretty obvious at this point how big a role in the foreign box office China has. Heck even with Days of Future Past they were responsible for over a 100 million, more then any other country sans the united states. So this will hurt the movie's overall numbers quite a bit.

On the other hand though... this proves just how ridiculous the notion that's been going around of trying to get a PG-13 cut of the film is. As stated in the article they couldn't cut out the violence or graphic nature of the film because it would interfere with the STORY of the movie. So yeah the R rating of Deadpool isn't just being done for shock reasons but is in fact an actual integral part of the movie and it's story and thus there really even can't be a take made to tone that down without ruining the movie. Just because you can make a trailer that's green band doesn't mean you can make a cut of the movie that is which honestly is a good thing for being true to the spirit of the character.

Still hope this film winds up being super successful despite that hurdle.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
On the other foot, movies like Kick-Ass, Zombieland, and Kingsman cover their expenses domestically and if Deadpool's budget is low enough, even with that marketing, this isn't a deal breaker. The marketing so far seems like it helps immensely (so much so that someone is actually petitioning for a PG-13 theatrical cut :rolleyes2:).

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah pretty sure you're talking about Grace Randolph of Beyond the Trailer

To be fair it's not pettioning to remove the R cut but to have an addtional PG-13 cut of the movie. But again as I pointed out, the staff made it clear you can't make one for this movie without destroying the overall narrative, thus why they aren't doing it. Which really makes sense as I'm pretty sure nowadays any major movie the staff knows likely what rating they're going for and though some shake ups can still occur with that, generally only the most desperate and pathetic films will try to gut their own movie for the sake of more box office. Like what happened with Live Free Or Die Hard, or The Expandables 3.

I just hope we don't have a South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut situation with this movie; where we see a spike of tickets for Zoolander 2 who just bought that to go and see Deadpool. Like what happened with the SP movie vs Wild Wild West and granted that didn't save the Will Smith aciton flick but I think it did give it more box office then it deserved and that realllllllllly shouldn't happen with this movie.

Greg91

Reporter
Since Deadpool had some fan-screenings recently, it's been receiving positive reviews. It's great to see a fan-requested project come to life this way! And a post-credits scene has been confirmed. It's really cool for the studio not to tell us so we can wait to find out if there's a treat at the end!

And Mostezli, why are you kicking yourself in the face?

I was thinking, instead of a Deadpool sequel or before one, I'd like to see the planned X-Force movie spin out of Deadpool. A potential X-Force movie could feature Deadpool and Cable with some other X-Force characters like Domino and Warpath (who we could see in the new timeline).

If not X-Force, Negasonic Teenage Warhead would be a nice lead-in to a New Mutants movie and we could see some of the students that the original trilogy X-Men are training. Many characters could be included such as Wolfsbane, Karma, and Sunspot (who we could also see in the new timeline). I'm really excited to see how this movie turns out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts