"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
I found this tweet advertising some kind of graphic novel that has a crossover between the Shea Fontana series and the Lauren Faust series .

This kind of seems like an epilogue of sorts...

I'm guessing some of the other girls will complain about them being villains in the other world. Although Catwoman probably won't notice much difference :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This kind of seems like an epilogue of sorts...
Not really, imo. A one and done.

I'm guessing some of the other girls will complain about them being villains in the other world. Although Catwoman probably won't notice much difference :p.
Yep. If you plan on reading it later on, ignore but
Harley and Ivy are shocked. Catwoman contends at least her counterpart has a good move (that she uses to avoid Wonder Woman).

Frontier

Staff member
Not really, imo. A one and done.
I just thought "epilogue" in the sense that we have the Fontana portion acknowledging or looking into the reboot version that's replacing it, on-top of Zatanna making her debut since she was probably one of the only major heroines the original hadn't used by that point :).
Yep. If you plan on reading it later on, ignore but
Harley and Ivy are shocked. Catwoman contends at least her counterpart has a good move (that she uses to avoid Wonder Woman).
Yeah, she would :p.

Last Spider

Arachnid Dude
So just looking at my schedule guide this show only premieres on Sundays at 4 with no reruns in the weekdays and only once on Sunday after the new episode.
This doesn't make me hopeful for a season 2.

Frontier

Staff member
It would be pretty hilarious, imo, if Jeremiah and Eliza Danvers are DEO secret agents on this show, and this is all a convincing front.
It would be all the more hilarious if it's not a front but they're still DEO agents who act exactly like they do with Kara :p.

All things being considered I have to imagine there was some specific reason Superman left Kara with the Danvers' (assuming he had any say in it), like maybe they could temper her attitude or help channel it.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I's kind of funny he mentions live-action portrayals of Penguin when this is only a voice role for him.

Anyway it's cool to have confirmation he'll appear. We already have Mr. Freeze and Lex Luthor, so I wonder what other male villains might show up during the show's run.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Wasn't it mentioned that Cree Summer is basing Catwoman off of Eartha Kitt's performance? I'm pretty sure it's the same with Alex as The Penguin. Now the question is if he'll be an adult in this series or a teenager.

Frontier

Staff member
Wasn't it mentioned that Cree Summer is basing Catwoman off of Eartha Kitt's performance? I'm pretty sure it's the same with Alex as The Penguin. Now the question is if he'll be an adult in this series or a teenager.
I don't think we have any confirmation of that, it was just wishful thinking on my part :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Here's an interview Lauren took part in.

Just dawned on me. But in the interview, it's mentioned there will be 2 parters. I'd bet one of these is the formal debut of the 'Super Villain Girls' aside from Harleen's cameo and Star Sapphire's debut (though some appeared in the shorts and the comic already). Unless the plan is to introduce them one episode a time.

Frontier

Staff member
Just dawned on me. But in the interview, it's mentioned there will be 2 parters. I'd bet one of these is the formal debut of the 'Super Villain Girls' aside from Harleen's cameo and Star Sapphire's debut (though some appeared in the shorts and the comic already). Unless the plan is to introduce them one episode a time.
Yeah, I was wondering how they were going to approach the villain girls.

I think they said before they'll all appear on their own before teaming-up, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how that happens (we know there's an episode focused on Supergirl and Catwoman, and another one with Livewire critiquing Supergirl).

I could see Cheetah's debut being a two-parter.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, I was wondering how they were going to approach the villain girls.

I think they said before they'll all appear on their own before teaming-up, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how that happens (we know there's an episode focused on Supergirl and Catwoman, and another one with Livewire critiquing Supergirl).

I could see Cheetah's debut being a two-parter.
True. I'm glad they didn't stuff the pilot with everybody like the villain girls or even with back story details like Kara's and appear to be going the route of a slow roll out of it all.

Frontier

Staff member
True. I'm glad they didn't stuff the pilot with everybody like the villain girls or even with back story details like Kara's and appear to be going the route of a slow roll out of it all.
I was actually expecting to catch cameos of them in the halls of the school during the premier, but I guess there's no need to rush ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts