Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
I guess technically off-topic but I guess I still refer to CN UK with this

the battle between the Yo-kai and the Yo-Kai is unsettling

BTW Yo-kai is the correct spelling. It's one word. Without the hyphen a lot of people would look at the logo and say "Yockai." It's enunciation.
How do you mean?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Francisque: I never knew that History or Mystery was around before Boomerang even existed in those territories. CN HQ probably never had it, or my mind is playing tricks, I don't know.

Moleoman

@Francisque: I never knew that History or Mystery was around before Boomerang even existed in those territories. CN HQ probably never had it, or my mind is playing tricks, I don't know.

Actually the "History or Mystery" stunt was on CN Pan-Euro between 21-27th April 2003 (source in russian): http://web.archive.org/web/20030424021812/http://tv.rbc.ru/?g3 (as you can see it lasted each day from 14:00 to 18:30 CET). Over here, it was between 11-17th August 2003, but it lasted each day from 06:00 to 16:00 CET (before Skatoony).

Also, somewhere in early 2005 the Toonami block on CEE stopped using its indvidual credits pushback graphics seen on the 1st video. After that the block used regular CN credits pushback graphic of the time instead (although S.A.R.A. was replaced by a regular CN announcer in those pushbacks, he still said in the EPCs, that a show was coming up next on Toonami)

The 2nd continuity features also the 2002 Cartoon Network hotel that still aired with prominent Polish text by Summer 2003 despite the fact that CN Poland/CEE started also to cater into Hungary and Romania from late September 2002/early-October 2002 (or that the channel along with TCM has been included in Cyfra+ (now nc+) since mid-September 2002).

Daffyrocks

I am impressed how CN Poland/CEE/HQ in the very old days used to play its original shows all with the correct opening and ending credits, with absolutely no squeezing and stuff like that. If only they would continue like this today...

Also, the PPG reboot premiered today on CN CEE and still there is no Check 4.0 rebrand nor switch to 16:9 format, like I was excepting. Bummer! :( I don't know how long they are gonna keep like this, in this big inferiority compared to the other EU CN feeds, including most specifically CN Poland.

Also, CN CEE aired the first episode ("Escape from Monster Island") with the NEW channel bug, but when the next episode started ("Power-Up Puff") it reverted to the initial and simple CN bug. Logic? :confused:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I am impressed how CN Poland/CEE/HQ in the very old days used to play its original shows all with the correct opening and ending credits, with absolutely no squeezing and stuff like that. If only they would continue like this today...
You know what's even worse? Boing ES never airs the end credits of every single show at all!

And CN PT only cuts the credits of Doraemon...

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
CN HQ squeezed literally every show as far as I remember. (2003-2010)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I remember when CN started to add tag scenes on their originals, yet Flapjack (which had different credit tunes) and Chowder were mostly affected.

Then My Gym Partner's a Monkey got to use the end credits of the Animas episode.

Daffyrocks

I remember when CN started to add tag scenes on their originals, yet Flapjack (which had different credit tunes) and Chowder were mostly affected.

Then My Gym Partner's a Monkey got to use the end credits of the Animas episode.
How do you mean "tag scene"? I don't understand. Please explain to me.

And as far as I know, CN PT usually airs their shows always unsqueezed, in their full form (besides the Doraemon end credits and Adventure Time logo cases which were mentioned).

SERIOUSLY? Even the 22-minutes long episodes of action shows?

szjdfgs

CN GO now has the tenth episode of Vinicius and Tom available for public viewing. It used to be geo-blocked, but I can see it. They do add a little fade in and fade out for some reason. The sucky part is that episode 7 still redirects me to episode 6.

szjdfgs

While looking for I Heart Tuesdays on Google Images, I came across a wallpaper of a character, which I found out, isn't actually from I Heart Tuesdays, but from an original shorts program in the Asia-Pacific region called Snaptoons, and the short is called "Blox Brigade".
And here's the initial pitch.
And an archive of the original website (only the Singapore section works).

Unfortunately, from that list, only one is available, which is the above one listed.

India did the same thing before with the Johnny Goes to Bollywood short, and some other entries, though you can only find one online as well, and its name is "Kul Veera".

At least I finally know who that blocky kid is every time I look for the name of the short on Google Images. Still disappoints me that nothing out of I Heart Tuesdays has ever surfaced.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
SERIOUSLY? Even the 22-minutes long episodes of action shows?
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, The Life and Times of Juniper Lee, Megas XLR and My Gym Partner's a Monkey got the same ending credits for every episode. Sometimes the proper ending credits were aired, but seldomly...

I am glad they don't make special ending credits anymore.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Most CN shows on CN Poland has squeezed credits:
Ben 10 - from Episode 2 (Washington B.C.)
The Looney Tunes Show - Episode 7 (Devil Dog)
Animaniacs from Episode 2 (Yakko's World/Cookies for Einstein/Big Win)
Adventure Time from Episode 5 (My Two Favorite People, Memories of Boom Boom Mountain)
Regular Show from Episode 9 (Prank Callers), later from Episode 1 (The Power)
, and etc... I don't remember about other shows.

The Princess Weekend Marathon on CN Poland has logo with Princess Bubblegum, and so interesting - instead of end at 16:45CET, it will end at 19:00CET (before The Powerpuff Girls 2016 reboot repeat).

Daffyrocks

They aired the ''Store Wars'' credits most of the time.

Blè bi blè bi blè bi blè :D
Well, at least CN CEE aired Foster's Home literally ALWAYS in it's untouched entirety. I mean it never even got pushback credits! And I'm not lying. Really. It was almost like if that was CN CEE's favourite show. :D

I remember that CN HQ always kept the original end credits of the episode that finished airing!
How do you mean? I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts