Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Wait, what? Please tell me it will get replaced ONLY THIS TIME, since I don't think that they are that dump to ban an episode from a show like this, which can totally break the continuity of it. Let's hope they will air it eventually, and CN CEE won't do this as well.

They will air it eventually.

Sometimes, I start to think that CN Poland and Boomerang have unofficially Polish KRRiT-licenses.

EDIT: I asked them few minutes earlier about KRRiT-licence for TNT, CN and Boomerang, and they said that they have the licence for airing those channels on Poland from KRRiT.

Moleoman

EDIT: I asked them few minutes earlier about KRRiT-licence for TNT, CN and Boomerang, and they said that they have the licence for airing those channels on Poland from KRRiT.

In order not to cause any misunderstanding:
Precisely, TNT, CN and Boomerang got approval from KRRiT to broadcast in Poland, but their broadcast licences are from United Kingdom (and therefore they're not included in the list of licensed satellite broadcasters on KRRiT's site: http://www.krrit.gov.pl/dla-nadawco...ncesji-i-decyzji/results,3,2,0,0,0,1,0,0.html )

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oop, bonus:
4u6WDAH.png

Have you ever heard a cat go "njan?"
Yes, in Japanese :D

And in Japanese, a bee says ''bun'' instead of bzzzzzz :p

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
"Njan" is probably an adaptation from any language where /j/ (yes!) from IPA is written "j" (definetly a Slavic or Scandinavian Germanic language since it's CN we're talking about, since Dutch and German regions will get it on Nickelodeon).

Last edited:

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
"Njan" is probably an adaptation from any language where /j/ (yes!) from IPA is written "j" (definetly a Slavic or Scandinavian Germanic language since it's CN we're talking about, since Dutch and German regions will get it on Nickelodeon).
But it's still the English version, so shouldn't it be listed under Robonyan's name rather than a re-adaption of it?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
But it's still the English version, so shouldn't it be listed under Robonyan's name rather than a re-adaption of it?
Yes, but RandomMe is probably explaining what went wrong in translation.

Maybe the translator is used to translate with IPA, and then forgot it is Y in English... But the voice-actors won't realize this so I am curious to see how they will pronounce ''njan'' :D

EDIT: The voice-actors will probably pronounce it correctly. Compare it with fjord and Hallelujah.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
For me, it should be "nJan" - "Jan" with the English "J" sound but preceded by an "n". To me it sounds like some African name judging by the pronounciation.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
The Romanian Cartoon Network Youtube channel prereleased the first episode of the PPG reboot online, with Romanian dubbing!

Now I won't take any look at this before the official premiere tomorrow, cause I don't wanna get into any spoiler.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The Romanian Cartoon Network Youtube channel prereleased the first episode of the PPG reboot online, with Romanian dubbing!

Now I won't take any look at this before the official premiere tomorrow, cause I don't wanna get into any spoiler.
The Romanian version is geoblocked here.

Fortunately the Dutch version isn't :)

Different voice actors: Blossom, Buttercup, Mojo Jojo
Same voice actors: Major, Bubbles, Professor Utonium

I honestly don't like this new PPG :shrug:

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
The Romanian version is geoblocked here.

Fortunately the Dutch version isn't :)

Different voice actors: Blossom, Buttercup, Mojo Jojo
Same voice actors: Major, Bubbles, Professor Utonium

I honestly don't like this new PPG :shrug:
For me it's blocked. :shrug:

Also, CN CEE aired a new promo for the PPG reboot.

Obviously, as I unfortunateluy excepted, there is an all-different Romanian dubbing for it. And they even changed The Mayor's RO voice, Petre Lupu (which again, works on different dubbing studios so they could really have kept him for dubbing Mayor's voice) and now he is dubbed by Cristian Niculescu (which is also the RO voice of Jack Spicer in Xiaolin Chronicles).

Last edited:

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
According to some viewers from CN Poland unofficial forum, Todays Total Drama The Ridonculous Race Episode 23 (Darjeel with It) was censored and desynchronized on CN Poland after 12-13 Minute of this episode...

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
In 2014, when Jorel's Brother was set to premiere, someone who worked for the show said that they wanted to see the show outside of Latin America (so it could air, for example, on CN PT).

Turns out that said promise never took off.

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
I guess technically off-topic but I guess I still refer to CN UK with this

the battle between the Yo-kai and the Yo-Kai is unsettling

BTW Yo-kai is the correct spelling. It's one word. Without the hyphen a lot of people would look at the logo and say "Yockai." It's enunciation.

josie

Happy to report that the picture quality of CN RSEE Balkan feed is back to its former glory. No pixelation or any sort of problems anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts