wonderfly
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• It's June and apparently every movie trailer reveal and video game trailer reveal in existence is going to come out this month....I'm discovering stuff I didn't know was in production!
    I've been watching "Star Trek: The Next Generation" on Netflix slowly for the last year or so. I was up to the start of the final season in early March when I saw the show is being removed from Netflix on April 1st. So I'm feverishly trying to finish the series before the end of the month (I don't "binge watch", I'm used to taking my time).
    Classic Speedy
    Classic Speedy
    Good luck. I did the same with The Sopranos before it was pulled from Amazon. Luckily I made it before the deadline.
    marklungo
    marklungo
    You can always rent the DVDs from your local library.
    I just saw a "Nintendo Switch OLED" model for sale on Walmart shelves (so they're finally becoming commonly available). I'm torn as to whether to upgrade my Switch to an OLED model or to get an "Xbox Series S" (which is also now widely available at Walmart).
    Moe
    Moe
    @wonderfly Do you like Mario games in vivid picture? If so, upgrade to OLED and if you like MS games like Halo and Forza, so grab Xbox Series S, but I recommend you to wait for Xbox Series X if you have 4K.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    I'd love to get a Switch OLED, but I already have a "regular" Nintendo Switch and a Playstation 5, so I'm set, for now.
    Moe
    Moe
    With the Omicron variant spreading in South Africa, do you think it's a good time to reopen the COVID-19 discussion board or are you going to keep it closed for good?
    Elijah Abrams
    Elijah Abrams
    He would say no, especially since the variant is not as bad as we thought. If only the media can learn that by now instead of spreading fear!
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    We will keep it closed for good, as it's proven to be too political to leave open.
    Asa
    Asa
    I see your point.
    My kids love "Josie and the Pussycats" (1970) but didn't care for original "Jonny Quest" (1964). I think my kids just prefer the animation style they've gotten used to with watching Scooby-Doo episodes from 1969 and all of the 70's. Was there really that much of a change in animation style in 5 years in the late 60's?
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I watched both when I was about 6/7 in 93/94. I wouldn't say I loved J&TP but I had no problem watching it, but I did used to find JQ quite boring and hard to watch. I just think that pre-Star Wars action/adventure style is mostly a little hard for younger kids to get acclimatised to.
    Unblock the coronavirus era right now, the cdc lied to us about the mask removal.
    Elijah Abrams
    Elijah Abrams
    Asa
    Asa
    @Eurbane how do you know the coronavirus era will end in late 2025?

The era will likely end much earlier since a lot of people will already be vaccinated well into next year.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    I'm going to ask for no more responses to this post here, on my profile. Any further posts will be deleted. You want to politely discuss it in private messages or on your own profiles, go ahead, but don't harass one another.
    I'm hearing reports that Playstation Network went down (or is still down).....I was wondering why I was having issues last night playing games online....
    I finally explored the animation side of "Paramount Plus" and got around to going back and watching early Spongebob....only to discover I've never seen the pilot episode before?!? How did I miss this back in 1999/2000??
    Reactions: John Pannozzi
    Pooky
    Pooky
    I know it wasn't on early DVDs due to rights issues with the Tiny Tim song, maybe that limited repeats as well.

I wasn't really watching Spongebob until 2004, but I didn't see the pilot until around 2012 or 2013.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    Yeah, I thought I had seen every episode of seasons 1 thru 4 (that's the years I was paying attention to Spongebob) and yet, right off, I find that I never saw the pilot episode....
    Reactions: Pooky
    Eurbane
    Eurbane
    now with kuarantine krab not on the season 12 dvd i think we might see it on some future season spognebob dvd to be determined just like the pilot episode.
    I've been playing a ton of "Pac-Man 99" on the Nintendo Switch lately. Still can't seem to get above Rank #30 in a match....

EDIT: And yes, I'm enjoying it more than "Super Mario Bros. 35".
    Nintendo Direct incoming tomorrow! Not a "Partner Showcase", not a "Mini-Direct", but a full fledged Nintendo Direct!! Maybe we'll finally see what Nintendo's been up to the last 12 months.
    Reactions: Asa
    Asa
    Asa
    There hasn't been any since September 2019 so it's about time they announced a real Direct.
    If the PS5's don't become more available soon, I may just break down and buy a PS4 Pro. The newer PS4 Pro models are pretty quiet, I hear....probably just come back to getting a PS5 a year from now, if that's the case.
    Godzilla vs. King Kong. Whoever wins, we lose.

.....wait, are we back in 2004?!?
    I don't want a Playstation 5 for all of the new "next gen" games coming, I just want a PS5 so I can just play my PS4 games without my PS4 console sounding like a rocket engine blasting off. (...So tired of seeing the PS5's sold out everywhere....)
    Reactions: RainbowCupcake
    Classic Speedy
    Classic Speedy
    "(...So tired of seeing the PS5's sold out everywhere....)"

We all are. Though I'm more interested in the Xbox Series X myself, simply because it has four generations of compatibility, which is pretty impressive.
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    Yeah, Playstation's attitude of "no one wants to play PS1 or PS2 games" is pretty disgusting. Granted, if they just keep remastering all of the old games....

Still, I want a PS5 (with disk drive), but I'm also thinking of eventually getting a Xbox Series S as a compliment.
    After countless hours of Scooby-Doo on Boomerang, it appears my kids' 3 favorite Scooby-Doo movies are "Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders", "Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase", and "Scooby-Doo: Curse of the Lake Monster".
    So why was it called "The Clone Wars" anyway? Shouldn't it have been called the Separatist Wars?
    wonderfly
    wonderfly
    Actually, it's strange to name any war after the grunts that fought in it. It was probably a ceremonial title given to the conflict a few years later (didn't most of the clones die from aging sickness just a few years after the Clone Wars ended?). And yes, I guess I'm kinda in a "Star Wars" mood tonight.
    Frontier
    Frontier
    I think it was Yoda who said "Begun, the Clone Wars has..." so maybe he sensed they'd prove a critical point in the war. And yeah, all the Clones had rapid aging.
    JoeMabbon
    JoeMabbon
    It's called the Clone Wars because it sounded cool to Lucas back in the 70s. Parsecs, Spice Mines, Clone Wars, etc.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.

Featured Posts