"Cleopatra in Space" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
(if a thread like this has been made already, feel free to comment)

Cleopatra in Space - Season 1 (Episodes 1-12)
Debut - April 15, 2020 on... Peacock...

Ugh, this was originally going to be for Universal Kids in the US but I guess DreamWorks is too good for it now. UniK themselves said they were gonna transition to more DreamWorks shows and I thought this would fit perfectly, but no, instead they put it on streaming because linear TV is FOR GROMMETS

Episode titles -
1 (1) - "Wednesday"
2 (2) - "Surprise"
3 (3) - "Clubbing"
4 (4) - "Humility"
5 (5) - "Akila Says No"
6 (6) - "The Flu"
7 (7) - "Teamwork"
8 (8) - "Mess"
9 (9) - "Partners"
10 (10) - "Level 2"
11 (11) - "The Summit"
12 (12) - "DittoBot"

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It's too early for a talkback thread. I'm going to close this for now and reopen it when the show is out. If I forget to reopen it, just PM me and I'll take care of it.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The show has been out for a week now, so I'm reopening this thread. Sorry, I actually did forget about this and no one reminded me until today.

zoombie

Well I really liked it. It was a lot of fun, all the characters, even Cleo is relatable. A lot of plot twists were very obvious.

From the moment the character was introduced, it was obvious who the spy was.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
According to other Peacock users, only the first five episodes are out, which is frustrating. The rest of the show is airing in other parts of the world. Poland just finished airing the entire first season, which is 26 episodes.

the_joker

I just found out that this show (and I guess the comics as well) existed, and the title alone makes me curious. I wonder why this isn't on Netflix like many other Dreamworks shows.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
According to other Peacock users, only the first five episodes are out, which is frustrating. The rest of the show is airing in other parts of the world. Poland just finished airing the entire first season, which is 26 episodes.
It almost doesn't matter since you currently need to be a Comcast subscriber to see it anyway. Maybe the other episodes will be added at the full launch in July.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's some notes from an interview with series executive producer Doug Langdale:

1. The show was once conceived as a feature film. I agree with him when he says the idea lends itself better for a full series.

2. Cleo's father was originally meant to be more gruff. That changed when Sendhil Ramamurthy (who also voices Khensu) was cast, and he was changed up to sound smoother and more sophisticated.

3. He mentions the show going off and doing its own thing. He also says how Mike Maihack, who created the original graphic novels, approved of the show going off in a direction like this.

Edit: Apparently, only the first 13 episodes are available today. I wonder when the other 13 will be released.

Last edited:

zoombie

I wonder if episode 6 missing is just an error, or intentionally because of the subject matter. I mean come on, are we just being a little too sensitive.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts