"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looney Turtles

6/10, It had some funny moments but my problem has to be how Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy were not here, and I know Krabs and Squidward were just playing supervillain but they were just unlucky here and I don't think they really deserved to see what the episode had in store for them.
I agree with this for the most part. And from the episode description on Charter, I actually thought we would be seeing SpongeBob and Patrick take on Manray and the Dirty Bubble again, but that wasn't the case. But Squidward did at least get his comeuppance when he tried to fry SpongeBob and Patrick. I would probably give it a 7/10.

Come to think of it, has Mermaid Man (and Barnacle Boy, for that matter) ever spoke in an episode since Ernest Borgnine died? I know they've been seen in cameos since then, but I don't remember them ever speaking since he died. Have they not found a new voice actor for Mermaid Man, or have they decided to retire him out of respect or what?

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Come to think of it, has Mermaid Man (and Barnacle Boy, for that matter) ever spoke in an episode since Ernest Borgnine died? I know they've been seen in cameos since then, but I don't remember them ever speaking since he died. Have they not found a new voice actor for Mermaid Man, or have they decided to retire him out of respect or what?
They haven't. Don't know if they haven't found a replacement (though I would've thought they have by now), retired him (I'm most leaning towards that one), or just haven't had any use for him (though this episode could've been good for him, so maybe not that one).

kanc

According to zap2it, there's new Spongebob that will air: "whole tooth nothing but the tooth" on Saturday December 3

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
SpongeBob.jpg

"The Whole Tooth"
Airs December 3, 2016 at 10:30AM on Nickelodeon.
Patrick's last baby tooth needs to come out, but he fears letting it go.​

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I liked this one. There were some pretty funny moments and I enjoyed the story. The only thing that bugged me was Swuidward. Considering he likes SpongeBob and Patrick to stay quiet, what he did didn't help with that at all.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
I noticed some issues with the writing on SBSP:

The characters keep saying incorrect phrases like "all the time" which should be "all along" !

For example on a recent episode Plankton said "It was hidden in Gary's shell all the time!" which doesn't make any sense

It would be ok if this was an isolated incident but unfortunately it's not

There was an earlier episode where SpongeBob said the same thing!

He said to Patrick: "So you were an alien all the time?"

Why can't the writers get it right?

There's many other cartoons & anime that have better writing IMHO

Also is it just me or should Krabby Patties actually be referred to as "Krabby Burgers" since the patty would be referring to the meat inside the burger NOT the burger itself?

I think that would be the correct way to refer to the food

This has been bugging me for a while lol

So many inconsistencies with the show!

EDIT: also I've noticed the show is downright sadistic

For example in the episode "Demolition Doofus" Mrs.Puff basically wanted to murder Spongebob!

She was acting like a deranged serial killer for the entire episode

Plus there are MANY other episodes of the series where it boils down to "Characters A & B (Spongebob & Patrick) annoys Character C (Squidward)" to the point of suicide or even murder!

I know I grew up with SBSP but I think the better cartoon from my childhood was House of Mouse to be perfectly & completely honest

Unfortunately HoM came out during the peak of SBSP's popularity so it never really stood a chance of succeeding!

Too bad!

Last edited:

Frizzbee

I noticed some issues with the writing on SBSP:

The characters keep saying incorrect phrases like "all the time" which should be "all along" !

For example on a recent episode Plankton said "It was hidden in Gary's shell all the time!" which doesn't make any sense

It would be ok if this was an isolated incident but unfortunately it's not

There was an earlier episode where SpongeBob said the same thing!

He said to Patrick: "So you were an alien all the time?"

Why can't the writers get it right?

There's many other cartoons & anime that have better writing IMHO

Also is it just me or should Krabby Patties actually be referred to as "Krabby Burgers" since the patty would be referring to the meat inside the burger NOT the burger itself?

I think that would be the correct way to refer to the food

This has been bugging me for a while lol

So many inconsistencies with the show!

EDIT: also I've noticed the show is downright sadistic

For example in the episode "Demolition Doofus" Mrs.Puff basically wanted to murder Spongebob!

She was acting like a deranged serial killer for the entire episode

Plus there are MANY other episodes of the series where it boils down to "Characters A & B (Spongebob & Patrick) annoys Character C (Squidward)" to the point of suicide or even murder!

I know I grew up with SBSP but I think the better cartoon from my childhood was House of Mouse to be perfectly & completely honest

Unfortunately HoM came out during the peak of SBSP's popularity so it never really stood a chance of succeeding!

Too bad!
Your constant whining and complaining of the smallest things is annoying. If you don't like SpongeBob don't acknowledge it. By the way, Plankton said "The Whole time". Dont judge things if you can't get them right. Also, what does house of mouse have to do with this?

ToonsJazzLover

https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/809418554017652737

The writing staff for season 11 will be the same as season 10, except that Ben Gruber had left to executive produce on an Amazon-exclusive cartoon. Now here's the biggest shocker: a post-movie writer/storyboard director is coming back. If you guess Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas (well, they both worked at Uncle Grandpa, but Casey is currently making a pilot for Nick with Liz Hickey and Zeus is currently working at a Dreamworks Animation product according to his LinkedIn), you're wrong. Besides Marc Ceccarelli being back after working at UG for 3 seasons, Luke Brookshier is back at writing for SpongeBob. Well, this time, he's just writing but like Kaz, he's no longer doing storyboards. I can't wait to see more of the future episodes.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Looks like @PinkiePie97 is correct, the new episode will air in Presidents Day in February. The 30 min special name is Factory Fresh and it will be season 9 finale.
That tweet only says Presidents Day weekend, so it could instead premiere on February 18 or 19 (though I'm still betting on February 20).

kanc

I'm glad it's finally airing. Then afterwards we officially move on to season 10 premieres.
Technically Nickelodeon has been known to air these episodes out of order production wise mixing up season 9 and season 10 airings. WhirlyBrains is start of season 10 that aired Oct 15, and MermaidPants also in season 10 that aired Oct 29. Production # for those (#205) which is actually start of season 10 premiere. The Tooth Hurts is last episode production (#204B) aired last month which actually served season 9 finale production-wise. Factory Fresh, which is a 30 minute special is production (#200) does feel to be season 9 finale for the airing in Presidents Day this year. But you're right, after Factory Fresh, then rest of the season 10 episodes to air even soon this year

Mikurotoro92

Banned
Your constant whining and complaining of the smallest things is annoying. If you don't like SpongeBob don't acknowledge it. By the way, Plankton said "The Whole time". Dont judge things if you can't get them right. Also, what does house of mouse have to do with this?

i do like SBSP but i think the show has turned to crap IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.
1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!

Featured Posts