"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 34 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think this is the first time the promo art for a new season doesn't have any new characters on it.

Looks pretty cool, I especially like seeing Zatanna, Rocket, Tigress and Miss Martian (with long hair again) in the roster. I wish they had more time to properly advertise this instead of confirming the premiere date only like 2 weeks in advance, but whatever. Looking forward to Phantoms!

Frontier

Staff member
Young Justice: Phantoms debuts Oct. 21, 2021 on HBO Max! Exclusive details at Collider!
Oh wow, it really is coming that soon :D!

That cast poster with the OG!Team plus Zatanna and Rocket is pretty nice...of course, just makes it more apparent Wally's not in it :(.

M'Gann having long hair again in her White Martian form looks way better :).

Well, on the one hand it's nice to see them focus back on the core cast but they introduce so many characters they end up barely doing anything with and that probably will continue :sweat:.

Looks like the season is going to be going back and forth between the League, the Outsiders, and the Team depending on which OG!Member they're focusing on or is relevant to that episode :cool:.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Neat poster. Everyone looks cool, but I'm a bit disappointed M'gann went to something more "conventional" this time. I actually liked her bald, more alien look. Notice the engagement ring on her finger.

Also, I do expect at least one or two more main characters. Halo will obviously be important, and even the poster hints at it via those colored globes. Also, remember that early season 3 posters highlighted members we barely saw in the season, especially the ones with a more "traditional" Outsiders roster.

Young Justice: Phantoms debuts Oct. 21, 2021 on HBO Max! Exclusive details at Collider!

Did they reveal the date too soon or something? Because the article says that it's only premiering "soon", with no set date.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm starting to feel like it's time for Conner to get a new costume. But hey, are those fingerstripes on Nightwing ;)?
Neat poster. Everyone looks cool, but I'm a bit disappointed M'gann went to something more "conventional" this time. I actually liked her bald, more alien look. Notice the engagement ring on her finger.
I think this is a good compromise between the White Martian Look and the more traditional Miss Martian look :).
Also, I do expect at least one or two more main characters. Halo will obviously be important, and even the poster hints at it via those colored globes. Also, remember that early season 3 posters highlighted members we barely saw in the season, especially the ones with a more "traditional" Outsiders roster.
Well, Weisman and Co. have been pretty clear they're focusing back on the OG!Team (which I guess includes Zatanna and Rocket) so maybe this time it's not a case of deceptive promotional art :p.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Did they reveal the date too soon or something? Because the article says that it's only premiering "soon", with no set date.

It appears the last sentence of the opening paragraph was updated to remove the date.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That is a really cool poster. The artwork seems so much more detailed than previous posters, which really makes the characters stand out more. The comments in the article were interesting, even if it was mostly just small teases of what's to expect. Focusing on the main original team sounds good, but there are going to be a ton of new characters with a bunch of storylines, so how well they can balance things out remains to be seen.

Even though the article edited out the release date, I'd be kind of surprised if season four does come out on October 21st. Depending on how many episodes they release at a time, they could start the season and it is a lot earlier than I would have expected, but it would also make more sense to wait a bit longer so that they would have more time to promote it. Young Justice does have a solid vocal fanbase, so I'm sure that the season will do well regardless, but having more time to hype up the newest season before it premieres sounds like a better idea. I also hope that they don't take too long to order a fifth season, if they plan to do so.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That is a really cool poster. The artwork seems so much more detailed than previous posters, which really makes the characters stand out more.
Could be because Dou Hong did the artwork.

Even though the article edited out the release date, I'd be kind of surprised if season four does come out on October 21st. Depending on how many episodes they release at a time, they could start the season and it is a lot earlier than I would have expected, but it would also make more sense to wait a bit longer so that they would have more time to promote it.
I doubt they'd air it while Aquaman: King of Atlantis has it's 3 week run. But then again, on the flipside, HBO Max decided to overlap the run of the latest seasons of Titans and Doom Patrol. I'm betting on November or December. It would kind of cool if they started it on Friday, November 26, marking 11 years when the series first premiered.

Frontier

Staff member
Are those two planets supposed to be Earth and Mars? Although there seems to be another Earth-like planet in the background :confused:.

All those different colored orbs are giving me Emotional Spectrum vibes...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Are those two planets supposed to be Earth and Mars? Although there seems to be another Earth-like planet in the background :confused:.

All those different colored orbs are giving me Emotional Spectrum vibes...
Appears to be Earth and Mars.

Looks like the one in the lead of planets above Rocket is New Genesis from "Disordered"/"Away Mission".

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I don't have a problem with Phantoms premiering while King of Atlantis is still airing though like I said it's a bit weird they would confirm the date this late. (But it would still be better than announcing at FanDome the new season comes out in only 5 days)

Earth and Mars in the background on the poster looks kind of similar to how Earth and Apokolips were featured in the intro for Outsiders. I don't know how much Mars will factor into the new story-line, but there's some potential there I guess. Was honestly expecting some kind of hint towards the Legion of Super-Heroes in the first look at season 4. The new interview did mention there will be a follow-up in regards to the Legion, so that should be fun. I also like there will be more Fourth World stuff, too.

In hindsight, I don't think there's really that much to speculate about this promo art for Phantoms, compared to the ones for Invasion or Outsiders. :p

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, well there was a time in the comics when Darkseid realized Martian philosophy was based on the Life Equation then started his quest to find the Anti-Life Equation in I forget... like the 1600/1700s-ish. Perhaps he has a similar history with Mars on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.
I'm thinking about leaving animesuperhero forums in the future. I don't know if I want to continue posting much if nobody else is interested.
Also another thing is I have lot of stuff to do and too busy.

Featured Posts