"Yabba-Dabba Dinosaurs!" News & Discussion Thread

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
The show premieres April 4th at 7AM (encore at 3:30PM) on Teletoon in Canada.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I was kinda wondering what happened to this show. Looks wise, it didn't look all that great - at first glance, IMHO only. Maybe the writing could be what wins / is winning people over? I'm only asking all this because this still ain't legally out in the US, yet.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Apparently this show only gets one season. It was cancelled over a year before it aired.
WB is probably going to put their focus on the adult Flintstones reboot that was announced last summer. Though we don’t know what it’ll air on.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I found an interview that Mark Marek took part in. Here are some things he said:

1. He said the more simplistic animation is a throwback to the original series. He thinks it's not the best idea for The Flintstones to be overly animated. He also said how, like the original series, the simpler animation is meant to help the writing stand out more.

2. The show focusing on Pebbles, Bamm Bamm, and Dino (with the former 2 specifically as kids) is meant to tap into the mindset of how kids who are around 8-10 are pretty curious and prone to getting in trouble.

3. There are two main locations: Bedrock and The Crags. When it comes to scenes with the adults in Bedrock, the laugh track is inserted to be a nod to the classic series. When it's scenes with the kids in The Crags, there's no laugh track.

ShadowBlinky

1. He said the more simplistic animation is a throwback to the original series. He thinks it's not the best idea for The Flintstones to be overly animated. He also said how, like the original series, the simpler animation is meant to help the writing stand out more.

Is he serious? The original is Disney quality compared to this!

CNC

This week's schedule for Teletoon, showing us the series premiere. It also gave us a major shakeup all over.

YwYUT47.jpg

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I recently found this tweet thread from Joan Ford, one of the writers of Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs. This tweet is from last year. She mentioned how a character named Shaley, who was in the Halloween episode, is actually transgender. She mentions in the comments how the plan for the character was to just have her part of the gang before she would casually reveal in another episode that she was trans (Joan herself is trans given how she helped develop the character), but the show's cancellation put that plan on the back burner. Also, she's voiced by Tress MacNeille and not a transgender actress due to the show's small budget.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts