Who's the luckiest DCAU voice actor?

Who's the luckiest actor?

• Total voters

Style

The Green Style Returns
Is it Kevin Conroy, who gets to play Batman?
21.jpg

Is it Phil Lamar, who gets to play Green Lantern?
14.jpg

Or is it Will Friedel, who gets to play Batman AND Green Lantern?
26.jpg

43.jpg

I know who my vote goes for! :D

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Will Friedle. If I had a somewhat squeaky voice like his (and I do) I would thank my lucky stars that I would even be CONSIDERED for Batman and not a villian.

Kyle Rayner is just icing on the cake.

Phantasm

Bittersweet Symphony.
WOW!Conroy without hesitation. I mean...WOW!

How many people, in their lifetime get to be labeled as the ultimate Batman eh?:)
YAY FOR CONROY!!!!

Chris3123

Another vote for Conroy. He has been Bruce Wayne/Batman in pretty much EVERY animated appearence for over a decade now, even video games. As far as voice acting is concerned, he is the (modern) Batman. :D

ryeck

CSUF Titan
I voted for Phil LaMarr, just for the fact that he helped bring a rather obscure comic character to life and made him a favorite of mine (and many others) with his terrific voice acting. He has to be partially responsible for helping return John Stewart to prominence in the comics with his wonderful portrayal of JS on Justice League. Besides, it's too easy to vote for Conroy. Yes, he's done a great job with Batman over the years, but he was given an already established character to work with, while Phil LaMarr had a much tougher assignment to work with.

Besides, It's always fun to rattle the cages of the rabid Batman fanboys and fangirls :p

PuppetMaster21J

If You Kiss Me, I Shut Up!
I'd say Conroy, for ESTABLISHING Bruce Timm's Universe, and forever being knows as Batman, giving him character, not being intimidated by an entire universe an mythos going back 60+years.

But as far as luck, I'd still say him, but also add Mark Hamill (Joker) and Clancy Brown (Luthor). They have had more of a following for the voices they've done than the heroes of the same show. Not to mention Hamill being friggin Luke Skywalker, and getting a career after that... that's luck!

And Clancy Brown isn't limited to animation and stage, as are most voice actors. He's been in an Oscar Nominated film (the sadistic prison guard in Shawshank Redemption), and is currently on the errily excellent Carnivale on HBO as a preacher, who's the devil, who's just really damn creepy!

Out of the three previously mentioned by Style, it's Conroy hands down. But *luck*, as I define it and think of it, goes to Clancy Brown.

~Joe

TimTwoFace

Mod, and Minotaur Bait
I don't understand why you picked these three voice actors, to be honest. I'm not saying they're not good - but there's so many others. Why do these three make the cut?

Either way, I'm picked Kevin Conroy, both because he's gotten the most work out of the DCAU - he was there from day one - but because he's also had the chance to interact with every single other voice actor that has ever lent a voice to any DCAU show with which he was involved. That's lucky. :)

-Tim

FunTurtle

Conroy IS Batman. That's not 'luck', that's pure talent...so the luckiest one is Will Friedle, because he (A) gets to be Batman, (B) gets to be a character that works with the REAL Batman, and (C) the whole Green Lantern thing.

EJill34

TimTwoFace said:
I don't understand why you picked these three voice actors, to be honest. I'm not saying they're not good - but there's so many others. Why do these three make the cut?
I think its because Conroy voices Batman, Lamarr plays a Green Lantern and Friedle has portrayed a Green Lantern and a Batman.

Alba Aulbath

The Holy Baloney
Hmm. Michael Rosenbaum would have been my (obvious) picking. He cosntantly impresses me with any performance he does, as villain or hero or something inbetween.

Tough call between Will and Kevin. I adore Will's voicework, not just as Batman and GL. But Kevin KNOWS the Bat more than any of us. He will ALWAYS been the Batman to me, and no one can replace him, not ever. Just like no one will ever replace Mark Hamill as the Joker for me, and no one but Michael Rosenbaum is the Flash. They own those roles.

So I guess my pick will have to be Kevin Conroy. My only complaint is that nowadays, he doesn't really make his Bruce Wayne voice and Batman voice as different as they used to be. But that's just such a miniature complaint due to the fact that he masters Batman more than anyone ever will again.

Anthonynotes

>>>Or is it Will Friedel, who gets to play Batman AND Green Lantern?

Had to think for a few moments before realizing that you were referring to Kyle Rayner when you said "Green Lantern." Sure, whatever... ;-)

Luckiest guy? I'd say Conroy---for virtue of not having been dumped or jumped ship as Batman's voice by now (vs. Tim Daly as Superman). Though Mark Hamill might be close...

-B.

Wing Zero

Lucky or not I'd give it to Will Friedel. Considering the fact that he was chosen to play Terry out of all the other people who were thought of to voice the completely new take on the Batman universe when BB started, I think Will is the "luckiest" one out of those three. Playing Batman and Kyle(which I didn't even realized he voiced till now, nice job Will) are good jobs to land.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
PuppetMaster21J said:
And Clancy Brown isn't limited to animation and stage, as are most voice actors. He's been in an Oscar Nominated film (the sadistic prison guard in Shawshank Redemption), and is currently on the errily excellent Carnivale on HBO as a preacher, who's the devil, who's just really damn creepy!
Actually he played a prisoner in The Shawshank Redemption.

And is it just me or is everyone missing the point of this thread? To say that Conroy's longevity and wonderful and memorable performance had ANYTHING to do with luck is baffling. Dude earned it on pure talent and nothing more. As for the assertion that he's lucky to work with all of those famous actors I say they are lucky to work with him.

I like Will Friedle as Batman a lot but they SURELY could have gone with a different actor for Terry. I think Friedle was something of a heartthrob from Boy Meets World and I'm sure his exposure there made the producers aware of him. Honestly I could imagine a different voice for Terry but not for Conroy's Batman (or Phil Lamarr's Green Lantern for that matter.)

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
ryeck said:
Besides, it's too easy to vote for Conroy.
You're right. Style put him first on the list, and that's why I voted for him. It was the easy choice. Phil Lamarr was too much work, and who could even see Will Friedle all tucked away down there?

Anyway, I have to echo Alba with the Rosenbaum thing. I mean, we know he has the talent, but it's luck that he's probably the one who gets to have the most fun with his role and be able to simultaneously play Flash while he's playing Luthor on Smallville. That's the best of both worlds.

I voted for Kevin Conroy. Yes, he is THE Batman because he is talented, but Lamarr and Friedle are also talented, they just entered the game a few years later. Conroy was lucky because he got in on something this great from the very beginning. And being in over 200 episodes of various shows, he's had more lines than Adam West, Michael Keaton, and whoever else has played Batman. That's pretty fortunate. And there's also the fame. Phil Lamarr was already famous from MadTV and Will Friedle from Boy Meets World. The DCAU may have given them more fans, but it's safe to say Kevin Conroy owes his fame to being Batman.

LeatherWings

Kevn Conroy, he was the leat known befor hand unlike Will Freidel who was on several shows,(Boy Meets World) and Phil LaMarr who's done several voice overs. Kevin, may I calll him Kevin, only did a few plays, and a few other roles. Heck, Kevin Conroy, IS BATMAN:
He deserves this it:)
62-7141-sm.jpg

Toddman

Hulk not good with words.
Fone Bone said:
Actually he played a prisoner in The Shawshank Redemption.

Being a big Shawshank Redemption fan, I just want to make a clarification.

As Puppetmaster21J said, Brown played Byron Hadley, the captain of the guard in Shawshank.

Toddman

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Toddman said:
Being a big Shawshank Redemption fan, I just want to make a clarification.

As Puppetmaster21J said, Brown played Byron Hadley, the captain of the guard in Shawshank.

Toddman
D'oh! You're both right. I was thinking of William Sadler.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of Cartoon Network's "City Era". This era ties with the "Powerhouse Era" as my favorite era through out the channel's history.

Featured Posts