Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Poor

• 0 - Kill it with Fire!!

• Total voters

JShaggy

You Serious?!
This month's Toonzone AotM is the long-awaited anime series to finally arrive on our shores: Michiko & Hatchin.

6f2c7da4-aa64-4637-ac6b-a0b57a37279d_zps720d38ac.jpg
The complete 22-episode series, from the brilliant minds behind Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, is available now from Funimation.

Synopsis:
Watch Michiko & Hatchin - Watch Anime & Live Action Streaming Episodes & Video Online

Funimation.com said:
After escaping from prison, the sexy criminal Michiko rescues an abused girl known as Hatchin. The two are about as opposite as they come, but their fates become intertwined through the connection of a man from both their pasts. On the run from the police and Hatchin’s abusive foster parents, the unlikely duo set out to find this man and ultimately discover their freedom.

Discuss your thoughts about Michiko & Hatchin while keeping any and all potential spoilers to a minimum. Also, do not forget to rate the series when you're done.

Enjoy!

Lord Dalek

Uncreative Hack
I've only seen the first two episodes. Too much shameless Cinderella metaphor abuse, nasty unrelatable characters, and blatant Bebop thievery for my liking and this is before the show allegedly jumps the shark (which I probably will not stick around for).

Also if you go by Michiko E Hatchin's initials you get M.E.H.

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
Aside from the music and the intro, M & H is nothing at all like Cowboy Bebop. And the director of Cowboy Bebop is the music director here anyway, so he's entitled to steal from his own stuff. Cowboy Bebop certainly can be accused of stealing as well--its opening may be legendary, but the Gunsmith Cats OVA did basically the same thing about 5 years before it, and there have been a number of anime prior to GS that had Saul Bass inspired openings as well.

For the record, I did enjoy M & H more than Cowboy Bebop. It ultimately had more heart--the mother-daughter dynamic between the two leads is quite touching, and that kind of relationship just isn't explored enough in anime. There was always something about Cowboy Bebop that left me a little cold and aside from Faye's storyline, the emotional punches of that show often felt unearned to me, as much as I admired it from a style and technical standpoint.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

after youtube NickRewind somehow posting LOT Victorious videos, however just today, the short is Nick preschool podcasts. Don't know if it's permanent

Last May 15 posted Dora's new podcast trailer
The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

Featured Posts