The Amazing World Of Gumball – News & Discussion Thread

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Sorry for double post

New episodes of The Amazing World of Gumball return in April
Cartoon Network Sprouts Fresh Crop of Episode Premieres for April | Animation Magazine

April 15 "The Possession" Richard Watterson seems supernaturally attached to his old refrigerator.

April 22 "The Master" The Wattersons play a fantasy role-playing board game to resolve their differences.

April 29 "The Silence" Have Gumball and Darwin finally run out of things to say to each other?

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
It’s about time. They have about 14 episodes left so they should finish the series in summer.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Here's a sneak peek of an upcoming episode of The Amazing World of Gumball.

JTOONSAnimation

Looks like the series finale will be "The Inquisition" airing June 24th at 7:15pm. Bringing the series to just over eight years.

It will be CN's third longest running original show in terms of episodes (behind Adventure Time and Regular Show), and it's third longest running original show in terms of years (behind Ed, Edd n' Eddy and Adventure Time)

Eldorado

Except that "The Inquisition" doesn't appear to be the show's grand finale, especially after I saw it last night.

Maybe the movie (if it comes out) will be the finale, or there's going to be one more episode that will serve as a 22 minute series finale.

Last edited:

MrCan

Maybe the movie (if it comes out) will be the finale, or there's going to be one more episode that will serve as a 22 minute series finale.
Judging by the end of The Inquisition, it seemed like a lead-in to the finale. Whether it's a movie or special is up to time to tell, but I do hope that it's a movie.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

So it really was the show's final episode, unless the show gets a movie (notice the "if").

I'm betting 10 bucks that it will get a movie. C'mon, CN's not gonna let it go out like this.

Last edited:

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
The fact that CN released the supposedly "final" episodes of their second biggest ratings getter on the app just like that tells me that this isn't the end. Not yet. CN can't be that dumb.

Right?

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

So it really was the show's final episode, unless the show gets a movie (notice the "if").

I'm betting 10 bucks that it will get a movie. C'mon, CN's not gonna let it go out like this.
Just from reading this, the doubting side of my brain is thinking: "What if CN can't afford to do such Gumball movie?"

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

The fact that CN released the supposedly "final" episodes of their second biggest ratings getter on the app just like that tells me that this isn't the end. Not yet. CN can't be that dumb.

Right?
Well, they moved TDR, a show that great ratings on saturdays at 9a to mondays at 5p where less people are watching, and they did this for no reason at all. The channel always made some dumb decisions and they still make some, but I agree that they wouldn't be dumb enough to end Gumball like this. While a Gumball movie would take A LOT of time and money to make, I think CN would still greenlit it because other than TTG, Gumball is the show that they like the most right now.

ShadowBeast

I'm betting 10 bucks that the show will get a movie. C'mon, CN's not gonna let the show go out like this.
I'm betting it wouldn't get a movie. I get the feeling that CN no longer cares about the show that that it's over. I would like to see a movie to end the series as that finale only feels like a prelude to the actual finale.
The only chance I can see CN giving Gumball a movie is by the fans making petitions, writing letters, emailing them, bugging CN in general. We need to annoy them for a movie.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I'm betting it wouldn't get a movie. I get the feeling that CN no longer cares about the show that that it's over. I would like to see a movie to end the series as that finale only feels like a prelude to the actual finale.
The only chance I can see CN giving Gumball a movie is by the fans making petitions, writing letters, emailing them, bugging CN in general. We need to annoy them for a movie.
Bugging them ain't gonna get what you want, my friend. I'm thinking that we will get an announcement on the finale movie or whatever once or after "The Inquisition" has premiered on live TV on June 24th.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It's strange that WBB and SU are getting movies, but not Gumball. Maybe because Gumball is animated in Europe? Or because it has been running since 2011 and 240 episodes is more than enough for CN? I can't think of any other reasons.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.

Featured Posts