Stripperella=canned?

The Lizard

Will Gladly Pay You Tuesday
Is Stripperella cancelled. I love the show, but I haven't seen a new episode in a while. I was wondering if Spike TV cancelled it over the lawsuit. I hope it wasn't, becuase this is one of Stan Lee's best work.

-The Lizard :D

Bubblegum Girl

Magic User Wannabe
TJHooper said:
Man that's pretty bad. Was it because of it's offensive content?
Nah. It was because a woman(probably either a stripper or an actor) got mad at Stan Lee because she claims that he stole her idea of Stripperella and demanded the show to be cancel.

I really hate it when good cartoons get cancel. :(

Cyber E.

Bubblegum Girl said:
Nah. It was because a woman(probably either a stripper or an actor) got mad at Stan Lee because she claims that he stole her idea of Stripperella and demanded the show to be cancel.

Actually, I believe that case came up after the first few episodes had already aired. I don't believe that was the reason it was cancelled, though.

-Cyber

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
It was unofficially cancelled. They did not say it was cancelled officially because that would be bad publicity. But yes, it is cancelled.

Joe Mama

Patrick Star said:
Wasn't it creative differences that led to the cancelation?
Or maby the complaints they got from a lot of people for the fan service.

I didn't care for this show at all so it really doesn't matter to me
sweat.gif

PaQ

Believe it!
Yeah I think it was cancelled. I heard that they only made 6 episodes to begin with when it first came on so I was wondering what was going to happen to it.. Guess we know now. The case obviously didn't help the show's cause. The show really didn't do anything for me, I watched like 3 of them and didn't really find it something I had to watch. Oh well. :p

Nin-Nin69

[CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]

"OMG I was going to use all of my lap dancing money to buy art supplies to draw this fricken cartoon! Dam you Stan Lee and your huge bank account!"

:rolleyes:

ClockStomper

One who loves naked Kagome
It was cancelled before the first episode. I doubt it was because of content because that was the whole point of the block. Who nows why it was canned, it turned out to be the biggest ratings grabber of the block. Well, "The Strip" is practically dead now, so it's a moot point.

Beat

Retired
With the Strip going down in flames, all the shows will be canned real friggin soon. Stripperela is just one more casualty in the war to make people realize animation isn't just for kids.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Good riddance. It's a testament that Stan Lee is running out of ideas.

Another testament is his new project "Hef's Superbunnies".

Jundaunted

Juu-kuchi said:
Good riddance. It's a testament that Stan Lee is running out of ideas.

Another testament is his new project "Hef's Superbunnies".

The fact that his now-defunct company (Stan Lee.Net) produced a Backstreet Boys comic (or was it N'Sync? They're both the same **** anyway.) was a sure sign that he needed retirement. That's a shame, since I wanted to see that project he was working with Leiji Matsumoto.

Sisto Kid

Cutting worthless objects
Blue Arc said:
I thought it was cancelled because it sucked, but then again thats just me.

LMAO!!!

Maybe if the short-haired italian chick from "VIP" (Natalie something, I forget)would have showed up in cartoon form as Stripperella's kid sidekick "Lapdance Lad" or something, the show would have been saved. :D

I've never cared much for Pam Anderson, and "VIP" sucked on ice, but I always thought the short-haired chick was hot. ;)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Featured Posts