RIP David Hemblen, Magneto on "X-Men: TAS"

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Sadly another entry in the series of X-Men animated series-related deaths this year, David Hemblen who voiced Magneto on X-Men TAS passed away earlier this month at the age of 79. Magneto was one of the major antagonists on the show, and I thought Hemblen did a good job portraying him and presenting his dramatic backstory.

Hemblen also reprised his role as Magneto in a couple of video games (the "Mutant Academy" series), as well as had a lot of other voice-over and even live-action roles during his career.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Rest in Peace. He had such a great voice for this sympathetic villain take on Magneto. He could be both scary and threatening, and warm and protective. From Pryde all the way to Armored Adventures, I've thought that they always cast well for Magneto but Mr. Hemblem will always be the definitive one in my head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FTPC

wow, RIP Magneto of X-Men TAS :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts