Qubo News and Discussion Thread

Cytz

It can happen
Scripps REALLY needs to improve their Ion block. 3 shows and only one from the Qubo channel. Fridays instead of all week.
I'd say no more paid programming on Ion, and the block would run from 7am to 3pm so you can at least fit a decent chunk of Qubo shows.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
The block is only there to serve government e/i rules nothing else, if the E/I rules were revoked tomorrow, they'd end it and replace it with a Law and Order or whatever Ion airs now... The block airs shows that target 13-16 years olds by design because they can air more ads than shows for under 12's. The reality is sad, but it's the reality of the current market place. It would be nice if some Qubo shows ended up on the block, but it probably won't happen, because they would be still airing them in the first place on Ion. Scripps is going to let the contracts for the Qubo shows run out and walk away.

Philblue7

Scripps REALLY needs to improve their Ion block. 3 shows and only one from the Qubo channel. Fridays instead of all week.
I'd say no more paid programming on Ion, and the block would run from 7am to 3pm so you can at least fit a decent chunk of Qubo shows.
Or maybe weekdays from 6am to 6pm, and weekends from 6am to 1pm, to compete with PBS Kids.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.

Featured Posts