"Paramount+ (Streaming Service)" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Since the Magnum PI reboot is moving to NBC, Paramount+ should trade streaming rights to all episodes of that series to Peacock in exchange for the streaming rights to Yellowstone.

PF9

Since Yo! MTV Raps has been revived for the service, they should do similar revivals for other past music video-based MTV shows on Paramount+, in addition to bringing past incarnations of these shows onto the service with music videos intact.

I'd also like a kid-friendly music video show where the interstitial segments are animated and hosted by Luna Loud from The Loud House.

PF9

I'd like a revival of Drawn Together on the service.

Moe

I want to see Nash Bridges (1996-2001) and Walker, Texas Ranger (1993-2001) to be added to Paramount+, or at least, make available on digital stores.

Music licensing issue? Take music out of show or replace with other one. As born deaf, I don't give a damn about music in shows and movies. Don't let musicians to keep shows and movies in hostage because refuse to release to digital or sold at exorbitant price.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
I'd like a revival of Drawn Together on the service.
I could only wish for it to look as well animated as that entire three season run.

If it came back in a dimension where it’s not hated and the creators were on good terms/still around, it would probably look as bad as the movie.

the greenman

I want to see Nash Bridges (1996-2001) and Walker, Texas Ranger (1993-2001) to be added to Paramount+, or at least, make available on digital stores.

Music licensing issue? Take music out of show or replace with other one. As born deaf, I don't give a damn about music in shows and movies. Don't let musicians to keep shows and movies in hostage because refuse to release to digital or sold at exorbitant price.
I wonder about Walker especially with the CW reboot. Nash would be interesting, as Johnson is having a resurgence of sorts. I think original Magnum is on AmazonPrime, maybe that can be an option.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Moe

I wonder about Walker especially with the CW reboot. Nash would be interesting, as Johnson is having a resurgence of sorts. I think original Magnum is on AmazonPrime, maybe that can be an option.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Walker reboot is on HBO Max because CW made a deal with HBO Max for all new CW shows, regardless if it is produced at WB or Paramount.

Future of CW shows is uncertain with Zaslav because he could end it and send Paramount shows like Walker to Paramount+.

The issue with music rights are major reason that Nash Bridges, Walker, Texas Ranger and many JAG episodes aren't available because either musicians want a lot of money or not want song on digital content. I want studios to take a hardline position to remove all songs that musicians are unwilling to work and include a disclaimer to warn the viewers about change the song or removal. If musicians are offended about their songs aren't in content, so blame on musicians for not work with studio.

Nash movie is on Peacock because NBCUniversal paid the streaming rights for this content.

Original Magnum, P.I. is on Freevee - Amazon paid the streaming rights for this show, but Amazon cannot buy a streaming rights for Nash Bridges and Walker, Texas Ranger until issue with music rights are resolved. There is option to watch Walker, Texas Ranger is getting Frndly TV or Philo so you can use unlimited recording that is act as on-demand. As for Nash Bridges, you have to get antenna and record with Tablo, so 128 GB SSD may be enough for SD version of Nash Bridges on H&I, same goes with JAG - it take 5-6 months to have all of episodes for Nash Bridges (based on 20-25 episodes per month) and as for JAG, 10-11 months. Other option is DVD - useful for hearing viewers but not deaf viewers because of no closed caption support (that is for Nash Bridges, so JAG is not issue).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
  • Informative
Reactions: Moe

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Shorter description of the new Frasier:

NONE of the surviving cast is back as series regulars, Peri Gilpin is only a guest star, and David Hyde-Pierce and Jane Leeves passed entirely. Only Kelsey Grammer is back. And you know what? Frasier was notorious for being a show where the main character was the least likable character of the series regulars. How dumb is Paramount to think anybody actually likes or cares about Frasier Crane himself?

This is nothing but a vanity project for Grammer. Considering how much praise Hyde-Pierce and Leeves attracted during their time on the original, the set must have been truly toxic for them both to pass. Of course, knowing what I do about Grammer personally, I would believe it.

Zorak Masaki

Though, considering the revival takes place in Boston, I wonder if we'll see any Cheers cast members guest star (all but two of the Cheers cast are still alive, and most of them are still acting as well, so it is possible).

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And Grammar has teased we might see some of them. I think back in May on one of the morning shows.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts