Netflix's "She-Ra" News & Discussion Thread

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
To be frank, I can't care less about the politics or potential "toxic" fanbase this show might have, I just want it to be good.

BUT any positive LGBT representation is NOT a bad thing

Dragnatek

As a rule I avoid fanbases. I got involved with the Avatar and Naruto fan bases like ten or so years ago and that scared me for life. Between Zutara fans who knew their pairing would happen and the writers were on their side and the toxic shipping wars of Naruto in general I learned to avoid dedicated fanbases. It's best to just stick to general discussions.

I will never let toxic fan bases effect my enjoyment if a show.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I have no problem at all with avoiding fanbases. I don't understand why so many members here seem to hate 4chan etc. yet still visit it.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Definitely looks like they are going for the Avatar crowd. The dialogue and animation are very reminiscent of Avatar.

Dudley

Staff member
Huh, they should really add shading to the characters. I know it’s expensive, and all, but the cartoon looks...unfinished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
All I have to say is that this is hands down the best animated series of 2018 and possibly the best or at least one of the best of the past 25 years!

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Writing for the show is good, but the art and character designs are still subpar. Still wish the 2002 animated series could've continued to get She-Ra/Adora on that show.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
Writing for the show is good, but the art and character designs are still subpar. Still wish the 2002 animated series could've continued to get She-Ra/Adora on that show.

Eh I prefer the Diverse and kinda cutesy character designs over everyone looking all stiff and action-figure like myself, but to each their own I suppose.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
This show is oddly funny, I don't know who wrote/directed the comedy but the timing is great.

Draco Dracul

With this, Trollhunter, and Voltron, the team up between Netflix and Dreamworks has been very, very worthwhile.

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
I just finished the two parter.
A bit of rocky start, but it got better as the episodes ran along.

I loved Adora and Catra's relationship and I hope it gets more development as the season goes along.

Troy Troodon

Okay I just watched the first complete season of She-Ra and it was pretty good.

Of course there is still the controversy of the backlash towards the show for it's "Gay Agenda" what with it being championed by a renown Queer creator and the show's overall aesthetics, and I will admit some of the characters do come off as stereotypes of a certain sexual or gender identity, but so far at least the only actual LGBTQ characters are two side characters who are not princesses (or at least I don't think they are) and Bow's parents; as well as some background characters of course.

And even then, who really cares?! Why would LGBTQ themes be a problem for a show that was based on a toy line, in which the characters were practically already gay icons by accident?! (and even if they're not gay, based on their image and character they are still gay icons by default)

What I'm trying to say is this--

Forget the haters! If you don't like what the show is going for that's fine, but don't be jerks about it; you're past is not more important than other people's future.

Of course I can't say it's for everybody, but I'll leave that for other people to decide. Give the show a which when you can and judge for yourselves.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Its a 6.5 our of 10 for me, it doesn't do anything new but I do like the relationship between Catra and Adora and I thought the villians were pretty interesting.

If I have to complain I thought the tech princess switching sides was kinda dumb(also she is my favorite)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts