"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
39 days left and still no update if any station in my area will get MeToons. Very worried that I won't get it in my market at all and I'll miss out

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I haven't heard anything for Boston yet, but the launch is still over a month away, so I'm not too concerned yet. Besides, I imagine they secured affiliates they haven't announced yet. Neal Sabin said they have nine of the top ten markets, but the RabbitEars.Info page only lists seven of them (and it doesn't look like it's been updated since it was first linked here).

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Interesting, I didn't know about FCC rule mandate local stations to air public affairs shows.
They carry “Arizona and Me” here, but there is a strange glitch on the directv schedule which claims it airs for 3.5 hours, blocking out the Saturday Morning Cartoon section from the schedule entirely. This glitch is recurring weekly for many months now.

There is also a weird glitch on Super Sci Fi Saturday Night, where the same “Land of Giants” episode is listed twice in a row, instead of having Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea listed. Somehow both these glitches have continued unnoticed for months.

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
They carry “Arizona and Me” here, but there is a strange glitch on the directv schedule which claims it airs for 3.5 hours, blocking out the Saturday Morning Cartoon section from the schedule entirely. This glitch is recurring weekly for many months now.
The reason we have "Arizona and ME" on DirecTV here is because they use KMOH feed that Weigel requested Must-Carry for. Not sure if KAZT uses the same feed or not, but "Arizona and ME" only shows on KMOH 6, DirecTV 6, and Dish 11 11 MeTV schedule, and not on the KAZT 7.2, Cox 93, MeTV Arizona schedule.

• Informative
Reactions: Moe

powergate92

You are lucky that you got MeTV on DirecTV because they don't carry any digital subchannels in Birmingham TV DMA because none of major stations elect Must-Carry, exception of religious and high school sport channels.

Wikipedia didn't mention MeTV on KAZT as simulcast of other station like CBS station (KCNC) in Denver for MeTV and H&I station (WGWW) in Birmingham for ABC with light blue on it.

I don't know about how Nexstar treated MeTV when they have substitution for public affair shows. As for Hearst, they use Matter of Fact.

I noticed Zap2it put two The Wild, Wild West (same episodes) on tomorrow schedule for MeTV on KAZT station.
KAZT broadcasting MeTV long pre-dates KMOH broadcasting MeTV. KAZT started broadcasting MeTV in 2011, KMOH started broadcasting MeTV in 2021 after being bought by Weigel. Although KMOH does not broadcast anywhere near Phoenix (KMOH broadcast from Kingman, AZ), it is considered apart of the Phoenix DMA and KMOH is was already on DirecTV and Dish in the Phoenix area via Must--Carry, and not already carrying MeTV from KAZT. What I don't know is if the two have separate feeds or use same since I watch with an antenna on KAZT and I don't feel like getting up that early in the morning to find out if they broadcast "Arizona and ME" on KAZT's MeTV 7.2. But I know on MeTV's website it shows "Arizona and Me" only on KMOH 6, DirecTV 6, and Dish 11 11 MeTV schedule, and not on the KAZT 7.2, Cox 93, MeTV Arizona schedule.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Very interesting. I remember randomly discovering MeTV one day in 2021. They had on Svengoolie the Invisible Man Returns the night I first checked out the channel, back on February 20, 2021. I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of classic sci fi shows on Super Sci Fi Saturday night, but I’ve watched most of the shows on there now. I hope they switch it up and add Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers back.

From the start I always found it strange directv was getting a channel broadcast out of Kingman when I am 200 miles from Kingman. Especially if there is a Phoenix equivalent. It is interesting to know the backstory of must carry agreements. There was an issue early on where Directv seemed to lose the feed for MeTV for several days or even weeks. I wonder if there were big issues with transmitting early on.

powergate92

Very interesting. I remember randomly discovering MeTV one day in 2021. They had on Svengoolie the Invisible Man Returns the night I first checked out the channel, back on February 20, 2021. I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of classic sci fi shows on Super Sci Fi Saturday night, but I’ve watched most of the shows on there now. I hope they switch it up and add Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers back.

From the start I always found it strange directv was getting a channel broadcast out of Kingman when I am 200 miles from Kingman. Especially if there is a Phoenix equivalent. It is interesting to know the backstory of must carry agreements. There was an issue early on where Directv seemed to lose the feed for MeTV for several days or even weeks. I wonder if there were big issues with transmitting early on.

Here's something interesting. KMOH's previous owner HC2 elected Retransmission Consent for DirecTV only and Must-Carry for all other carriers for the 2020 - 2023 cycle. Weigel changed the election to Must-Carry for DirecTV for the 2024 - 2026 cycle.

1000008575.png

1000008577.png

Last edited:

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Did you get digital subchannels from KMOH on DirecTV?
Sadly Directv doesn’t carry KMOH sub channels. I think I live too far from Kingman to get KMOH with the antenna. I can mainly pick up Phoenix channels and sometimes Tucson too. Actually Prescott is even further from me than Tucson so I kind of doubt I even get KAZT and its sub channels with my antenna. Directv has KAZT also which has recently become the CW, but I haven’t felt much need to watch it. Maybe when Superman and Lois returns. Directv doesn’t carry any of the sub channels for KAZT either. They don’t seem to like sub channels much so I don’t think Directv will carry MeTV Toons in most markets.

powergate92

Sadly Directv doesn’t carry KMOH sub channels. I think I live too far from Kingman to get KMOH with the antenna. I can mainly pick up Phoenix channels and sometimes Tucson too. Actually Prescott is even further from me than Tucson so I kind of doubt I even get KAZT and its sub channels with my antenna. Directv has KAZT also which has recently become the CW, but I haven’t felt much need to watch it. Maybe when Superman and Lois returns. Directv doesn’t carry any of the sub channels for KAZT either. They don’t seem to like sub channels much so I don’t think Directv will carry MeTV Toons in most markets.
The Weigel networks that are not already carried on other TV stations in Phoenix (MeTV+ Story TV, and soon MeTV Toons) are broadcast on KEJR-LD, a Low-Power TV Station broadcasting from South Mountain that Weigel bought at the same time as KMOH. Also, KAZT and it's Subchannels are broadcast on KAZT-CD, a Low-Power Class A TV Station broadcasting from South Mountain.

Here's a breakdown of what antenna channels Weigel's TV networks are on in the Phoenix metro area:

DABL = KPHO 5.3 (Gray TV owned)
MeTV = KAZT-CD 7.2 (local owned, Nexstar run since January)
H&I = KSAZ 10.3 (FOX owned)
MeTV+ = KEJR-LD 40.1 and 40.2 (Weigel owned)
MeTV Toons = coming soon to KEJR-LD 40.2 (Weigel owned)
Story TV = KEJR-LD 40.3 (Weigel owned)
Movies! = KUTP 45.2 (FOX owned)
Catchy Comedy = KUTP 45.4 (FOX owned)
Start TV = KUTP 45.5 (FOX owned)

powergate92

Weigel has added a MeTV Toons page on to their website. Here is what it says.
MeTV Toons launches in summer 2024 as the only TV network destination dedicated exclusively to classic animation. Accessing an extensive library of the very best classic animation ever made, sourced from a wide variety of studios and distributors, MeTV Toons is destined to be one of the most distinctive and unique networks on television.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I can’t get those low power south mountain signals. I don’t even get NBC KPNX because it is too low powered. I live in an unincorporated area of a neighboring county. If you aren’t living near the right mountain, you have to rely on satellite or cable to get some of these channels.

Moe

I can’t get those low power south mountain signals. I don’t even get NBC KPNX because it is too low powered. I live in an unincorporated area of a neighboring county. If you aren’t living near the right mountain, you have to rely on satellite or cable to get some of these channels.
I live in Springville, AL and cannot get channels from low power transmitters at all.

As for full power transmitters, there are good and bad days. One station that I received is totally clean picture is WGWW (Moody, AL) and 2nd best is WVTM with expensive, larger indoor antenna.

If switch to tall large outdoor antenna, it would eliminate nearly all of bad days.

Springville is awful city to receive OTA channels with indoor antenna because of valleys and hilly areas. ATSC is very sensitive to inferences.

If I live in Homewood, AL, I would able to receive all OTA channels, even low power transmitters with clean picture 24/7, with outdoor antenna.

powergate92

Oh wow, I’m surprised because some people were able to receive digital sub channels and it seems like cable with broadcast only tier is easy source to get it.

There are several Weigel owned channels on KEJR-LD but bad news, it is low power transmitter and it is hard to get it if there is more than 15-20 miles. I pinned on map that where KEJR-LD is located.

View attachment 308452
Although KEJR is a Low-Power TV Station, their signal does cover most of the Phoenix Metro area except for parts of North Phoenix, Paradise Valley, and North Scottsdale.
1000008589.png

• Informative
Reactions: Moe

Mejo

I am The Hunter! *blows horn*
Pretty interesting how that Abbot and Costello cartoon is going to air on that network. WB has done barely anything with that show in recent years (aside from releasing an episode on that Best of Warner Bros - 25 Cartoon Collection: Hanna Barbera DVD). I know plenty of people online keep saying that WB doesn’t own this show now, but that’s clearly not true (at least in the US, not sure about the situation in other countries). From my own research, apparently the copyrights were assigned to RKO, which got bought by Turner, which got merged with Warner Bros (unlike the similar Laurel and Hardy cartoons also made by Hanna Barbera, Larry Harmon had no involvement with these, so his company doesn’t currently own the rights to the them).

I do wonder what version of the intro they will show. Will they run the more shorter intro and outro seen on some prints of the individual shorts or will they run the longer intro and outro featuring bumpers seen on some Half-Hour prints of the show? (I’ve linked both versions of the intro and outro below so you can compare for yourself)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

This fall I will get 24 new VHSs, with that the number of cassettes will increase to 41. I need to re-digitize the ones I already have since my old Youtube channel was terminated in 2022, along with the new ones. As I left Youtube, the digitized VHS archive will be given to other people.
Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.
1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:

Featured Posts