"Mermicorno: Starfall" News & Discussion

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Thunderbird Entertainment Announces Platform and Licensing Deals for “Mermicorno: Starfall”"​

Mermicorno.jpg

"Thunderbird Distribution and Thunderbird Brands, the distribution and consumer products divisions of Thunderbird Entertainment Group Inc., have announced several platform and licensing deals for Mermicorno: Starfall, a new animated series from Thunderbird owned Atomic Cartoons based on the Mermicorno line from character, art, and lifestyle brand tokidoki. The series was first announced last year.

Mermicorno: Starfall, which is targeted at kids ages five to nine, takes place in a fantastical and magical undersea world, where a team of Mermicornos (unicorn mermaids) join together to save the ocean from an evil threat. During their mission, they will unlock the magic of creative self expression, discover new depths of friendship, and find the best bowl of ramen in the sea.

Atomic Cartoons, which is behind shows such as Oddballs, Princess Power and My Little Pony: Make Your Mark, is overseeing production and final delivery of Mermicorno: Starfall. Serving as executive producers are Jennifer Twiner McCarron, CEO and Chair of Thunderbird, Matthew Berkowitz, Chief Creative Officer and President of Thunderbird, Aaron Behl, vice president of Atomic Originals, tokidoki co-founders Simone Legno and Pooneh Mohajer, and Shea Fontana (Monster High, Polly Pocket).

The first season of Mermicorno: Starfall, which will consist of 26 22 minute episodes, will be available on Warner Bros. Discovery’s streaming service, Max, in the United States and Latin America as well as Cartoon Network in Latin America and Southeast Asia. The series has also been acquired by Narrative Entertainment’s POP in the United Kingdom and Corus Entertainment for Treehouse, StackTV and Teletoon+ in Canada. The series is expected to launch on all Corus platforms in Canada in early 2025 as well as Max in the U.S. sometime that year."

Read the full article here.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

It looks like the show will be recorded in Toronto given how Annick Obonsawin said how she's excited to be part of the cast.
Screenshot_20240518-104933.png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Featured Posts