"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Amphibian would be pretty nice I guess, but I'd much rather see Namor the Sub-Mariner animated again.

Don't mention that, I'm still mad how they went to Atlantis and he still hasn't shown up.

Frontier

Staff member
The Skrulls did appear on Hulk & the Agents of SMASH, in an episode with the Guardians of the Galaxy if I remember correctly. So who knows, they might be able to show up on Avengers Assemble as well.

Amphibian would be pretty nice I guess, but I'd much rather see Namor the Sub-Mariner animated again.
So did the Fantastic Four, their villains, The Silver Surfer, and the Shi'ar, all despite having their movie rights owned by Fox. SMASH, to its credit, seemed to be the only cartoon that was willing to actually use properties that Fox owned when there's pretty much an embargo on using them in general for the MAU.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
So did the Fantastic Four, their villains, The Silver Surfer, and the Shi'ar, all despite having their movie rights owned by Fox. SMASH, to its credit, seemed to be the only cartoon that was willing to actually use properties that Fox owned when there's pretty much an embargo on using them in general for the MAU.
How does Marvel get away with Doctor Doom then?

Frontier

Staff member
How does Marvel get away with Doctor Doom then?
Doom was only used in, if I recall correctly, 4 episodes of Assemble season one and several Ultimate Spider-man appearances. Wolverine has also made a few guest spots on Ultimate Spider-Man and SMASH. The Thing has also popped up on all three shows. Those three probably are exceptions because their some of the more iconic and popular members of their respective franchises, not to mention Thing's relationship with Hulk, so they show up in Marvel cartoons often separated from their core franchises.

Then again, it's been a while since they actually did anything with Doom (in person at least) or Logan.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
No Marvel Animation is just being jerks about it now.

RoryWilliams

They got away with it because Doom long ago became more of a general Marvel universe-wide villain? Reed Richards is still his archenemy but he's been fighting the Avengers and X-Men too for decades at this point.

The Thing is similar. He's a member of the FF but he's also been an Avenger and had his own solo series. And now he's a Guardian too.

Troy Troodon

Patients my friends, just wait till Fox's next movie fails, then they'd have to give the rights back to Marvel and the fans shall be avenged.

Troy Troodon

Now to re-iterate on what I said before the last thread closed down.

I don't mean to judge or compare, but when the animated Batman and Superman shows came out, they weren't completely based on the Richard Donner and Tim Burton films. Sure they were inspired by them, but for the most part they were still doing their own thing with their respective programs while adapting stories from the comics.

They could have done the same thing here, with the current animated Marvel shows, but they insist on cashing in whatever material from each successive movie.

They should not have to wait for another movie, to put Wasp in, be it Janet or Hope; nor even hold a grudge with Fox for their FF and Xmen movies and refuse to use the respective characters in their merchandizing. Just do your own thing with your shows and stop cashing in.

Remember, the fans matter, not the publicity.

spyke

Now to re-iterate on what I said before the last thread closed down.

I don't mean to judge or compare, but when the animated Batman and Superman shows came out, they weren't completely based on the Richard Donner and Tim Burton films. Sure they were inspired by them, but for the most part they were still doing their own thing with their respective programs while adapting stories from the comics.

They could have done the same thing here, with the current animated Marvel shows, but they insist on cashing in whatever material from each successive movie.

They should not have to wait for another movie, to put Wasp in, be it Janet or Hope; nor even hold a grudge with Fox for their FF and Xmen movies and refuse to use the respective characters in their merchandizing. Just do your own thing with your shows and stop cashing in.

Remember, the fans matter, not the publicity.

A couple of quick points.

1. The 90's SUPERMAN cartoon wasn't inspired by the Donner films, but was instead inspired by and largely influenced by the John Byrne run of Superman comics. BATMAN TAS, OTOH, did take some minor elements from the Burton films (like the design of the Batmobile,Penguin having webbed hands,Harvey Dent being black,and the Bat Grapler).

2. While I do agree with your overall point, I sadly have to disagree with your about the fans mattering more then the publicity. When it comes to big corporate property's like the Marvel characters, the loyal long time hardcore small fanbase don't matter, the much larger general public is what matter. So most (NOT ALL) corporations will always go with the versions of the characters that the larger general audience recognize these characters as, regardless if those versions of those characters suck or not. If Disney and Marvel can get the general public to watch this garbage and get decent ratings then they are satisfied. Sadly, most corporations think that the general audience is stupid and can't understand that there are different versions of these characters across various mediums.

Troy Troodon

1. The 90's SUPERMAN cartoon wasn't inspired by the Donner films, but was instead inspired by and largely influenced by the John Byrne run of Superman comics. BATMAN TAS, OTOH, did take some minor elements from the Burton films (like the design of the Batmobile,Penguin having webbed hands,Harvey Dent being black,and the Bat Grapler).

2. While I do agree with your overall point, I sadly have to disagree with your about the fans mattering more then the publicity. When it comes to big corporate property's like the Marvel characters, the loyal long time hardcore small fanbase don't matter, the much larger general public is what matter. So most (NOT ALL) corporations will always go with the versions of the characters that the larger general audience recognize these characters as, regardless if those versions of those characters suck or not. If Disney and Marvel can get the general public to watch this garbage and get decent ratings then they are satisfied. Sadly, most corporations think that the general audience is stupid and can't understand that there are different versions of these characters across various mediums.

Well then...

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I'm not completely against this, Nighthawk and SS are much more interesting as totalitarian, superheroes from another planet than just another superhero group.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Still it's incredibly biased, I mean you guys seriously think Ms.Marvel's gonna show up in the MCU any time soon?

Troy Troodon

Still it's incredibly biased, I mean you guys seriously think Ms.Marvel's gonna show up in the MCU any time soon?

Why should we have to wait? Just give the audience what they deserve: More diverse characters, better animation, better voice direction, and a better story.

bigdaddy313

Judging by the poster it seems season 3 will be more stylized than the rest.

If you look at the episode downgraded you will see they characters are more bulkier than the rest of the season and that same bulkier animation can be seen at the episode "The New Guy" at certain scenes like when Ant-Man confronts Hawkeye saying "why are you so threatened by me?"

It makes me to believe that a different animation team is working on the new season while the season 2 is worked on from the regular animators.

Now it's up them meeting the standards of that poster with the lighting and coloring design which I see all the time with Avengers Earth' Mightiest Heroes and the outstanding Ultimate Spider-Man season 1.

RoryWilliams

You're gonna have to let go of that dream. The posters they've been releasing for the shows don't always resemble the actual visual style.

How exactly is that "biased"? She's a great character, she's fun, and she brings some welcome diversity to a genre that is historically not good with it. I'm not sure where the bias is.

bigdaddy313

You're gonna have to let go of that dream. The posters they've been releasing for the shows don't always resemble the actual visual style

What I am asking for is a normal thing in animation and if you don't meet that, then it shows how bad they are.

Cause the animation fluidity is great to a certain degree and the art is awesome but it needs to be colored better, if a lower budget show can do it then Marvel Animation has no excuse.

spyke

I'm not completely against this, Nighthawk and SS are much more interesting as totalitarian, superheroes from another planet than just another superhero group.
As oppose to them being totalitarian superheroes from an alternate Earth. It's straight up stupid (not to mention, bad writing) to have all of the SS members (most of whom, have real Earth human names) be aliens from another planet instead of aliens from an alternate Earth.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
How exactly is that "biased"? She's a great character, she's fun, and she brings some welcome diversity to a genre that is historically not good with it. I'm not sure where the bias is.

Because she's pretty much the only character that probably won't show up in the MCU for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts