"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryWilliams

Because she's pretty much the only character that probably won't show up in the MCU for a while.

Again, still not seeing what exactly is the "bias" there. So we complain about the show being too beholden to the movies for its own good (which it definitely is is), but when they use a hero not in the movies that's also a problem somehow?

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Again, still not seeing what exactly is the "bias" there. So we complain about the show being too beholden to the movies for its own good (which it definitely is is), but when they use a hero not in the movies that's also a problem somehow?

Yes, because there are so many other characters that are still hold outs like Wasp.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, I do think there's some bias going into why Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel are appearing in a season that Wacker is directly headlining (compared to his level of involvement with AA season 2 or SMASH season 2) since he was involved in creating Kamala and having Carol take up the Captain Marvel mantle :cool:.

So there's probably some personal investment involved in working to debut them in animation and promoting them further as characters now that he has the ability to do so as the new head of the animation department. Heck, Kaine as Scarlet Spider happened under his tenure on Spider-Man and look who's popping up in season 4 of Ultimate? Not to mention he has a habit of promoting the characters and changes that he has direct involvement with, thus the various ASM spinoffs that happened during the BND/Big Time/Superior era he was chief editor over, at least from my perspective.

Would I say that, in this situation, that's a bad thing? No, not at all. I mean, there are plenty of other characters I want to see in animation as well, but Carol and Kamala are both awesome characters that I'm happy to see popping up on Assemble and I'm especially happy to see Kamala making her animated debut as Ms. Marvel :D.

Though yeah seeing Kamala, a relatively recent character in the comics, pop up so soon over other Avengers mainstays feels a little odd, even if most of those mainstays are absent because they don't have recent or even upcoming movie appearances under their belt yet, but it's not like there isn't precedence (Ava and Sam on USM for instance). And I think it's still really cool to see her in animation :).

Maybe we can finally get Wasp in Assemble season 4, once we're closer to Infinity War? Maybe :(?

RoryWilliams

Yes, because there are so many other characters that are still hold outs like Wasp.

Nah, that's silly. The Avengers have dozens, if not over a hundred different people who have been members of the team. If we're gonna talk about people waiting turns for everyone to get a spot at the table we're gonna be here for decades.

I'm not seeing how Ms. Marvel being in the show is any sort of bias or favoritism over someone like the Wasp when there are already dozens of other Avengers who were left out in not just this show, but the past Avengers shows like EMH and United They Stand.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Okay fair enough you make a solid point but there are still plenty of characters introduced in the last decade that are still getting shafted. other New Inhumans, Robbie Reyes, Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, and Runaways better show up in something soon.

Also Jessica Drew hasn't been in anything since her 70's cartoon how weird is that!?
Only other long time character without a cartoon appearance would be Monica Rambeau.

Greg91

Reporter
I think it's great for kids to be introduced to Ms. Marvel who probably won't read the comics yet. Wasp has made a few appearances in animation, and a lot of other characters like the Young Avengers and Runaways are a bit lesser known and/or not Marvel Animation's focus right now. I'd love to see Monica Rambeau but a lot of those classic Avengers like Mantis, Black Knight, Doctor Druid, and Rage aren't in common use outside of the comics perhaps. Spider-Woman comes off as a character who doesn't seem to receive enough attention outside of comics. So, I wouldn't be upset if a super popular character is appearing in animation before older or less recognized characters. I wouldn't be surprised if Silk or Spider-Gwen appears in Ultimate Spider-Man season 4 before, say, Black Cat.

Frontier

Staff member
I think it's great for kids to be introduced to Ms. Marvel who probably won't read the comics yet. Wasp has made a few appearances in animation, and a lot of other characters like the Young Avengers and Runaways are a bit lesser known and/or not Marvel Animation's focus right now. I'd love to see Monica Rambeau but a lot of those classic Avengers like Mantis, Black Knight, Doctor Druid, and Rage aren't in common use outside of the comics perhaps. Spider-Woman comes off as a character who doesn't seem to receive enough attention outside of comics. So, I wouldn't be upset if a super popular character is appearing in animation before older or less recognized characters. I wouldn't be surprised if Silk or Spider-Gwen appears in Ultimate Spider-Man season 4 before, say, Black Cat.
Spider-Gwen I could see definitely popping up considering her current popularity and Silk would be okay depending on how they use her, but yeah, I doubt Black Cat will be showing up anytime soon. Especially since I don't have much confidence in them portraying her right in the current cartoons...

But it would be pretty cool to see Monica finally make her animation debut, as well as the Runaways, Young Avengers, or Avengers Academy students (aside from Ava) :).

TheLemsterPju

Red Hulk, Spider-Man, and Doctor Strange are among New York's superheroes that will show up in the next episode. Presumably learning of the Avengers' defeat.

Last edited:

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Red Hulk, Spider-Man, and Doctor Strange are among New York's superheroes that will show up in the next episode. Presumably learning of the Avengers' defeat.
I hope our boy Doctor Doom appears, I'm sure he has a few words for our totalitarian superhero team, probably something long the lines of "only I can rule the world and seemingly kill the Avengers".

Roxas_Sora

I hope our boy Doctor Doom appears, I'm sure he has a few words for our totalitarian superhero team, probably something long the lines of "only I can rule the world and seemingly kill the Avengers".

First part?, sure. Second part?, not so much. I mean, even with the Fantastic Four's problems that Marvel Animation has , Dr Doom is still mainly the archenemy of Marvel's first family. Therefore, if Doom want to personally destroy some heroes, it will be the Fantastic Four, not the Avengers.
Besides, I highly doubt Doom will appear to fight, as once he said "A king does not fight in his soldiers' place". He could possibly appear to give the Avengers a hand, but nothing more. Just like he did in the Secret Invasion's arc of "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes".

TheLemsterPju

Apparently the Squadron defeated all the heroes of New York. We already saw Red Hulk restrained and a couple other heroes getting blasted at in the trailer I posted last night. I'm curious to see if it will be in montage, and if we'll get more hero cameos.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Apparently the Squadron defeated all the heroes of New York. We already saw Red Hulk restrained and a couple other heroes getting blasted at in the trailer I posted last night. I'm curious to see if it will be in montage, and if we'll get more hero cameos.
Spiderman didn't seem to be doing too badly maybe he'll play a larger role.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I really hope this doesn't mean we could get Red hulk in the MCU before She Hulk.

Frontier

Staff member

Hey, all-team Avengers Assemble! That's pretty cool :cool:.

RoryWilliams

I really hope this doesn't mean we could get Red hulk in the MCU before She Hulk.

I really don't think that has anything to do with it. Red Hulk just happens to be a prominent character in another show that takes place in the same universe, so he's easy canon fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts