"Marvel Universe - Avengers Assemble (2013 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on this Comic Series!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The new monthly series adapting episodes of the Disney XD series Avengers Assemble, featuring stills directly from the show!

MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #1

Adapted by JOE CARAMAGNA

• Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the AVENGERS explode onto the scene with a new series and an all-new team member!
• To save his own life, the RED SKULL must transfer his mind to a more fit body! And he has chosen the body of …CAPTAIN AMERICA!
• Based on the hit animated series, now airing on DISNEY XD!
• Extra-sized issue with bonus LEGO comics featuring Marvel’s greatest heroes!

Comments?

suss2it

So what exactly is this series? Screencaps of episodes with word bubbles put in? What's the point of that?

suss2it

I'm guessing it's cheaper to do it this way than to hire artists, colorists, and inkers to make real comic books.
Yeah that make sense, but still what's the point? The only people that would buy this are people that watch the show and this is literally just a downgraded version of that.

Medinnus

Staff member
Yeah that make sense, but still what's the point? The only people that would buy this are people that watch the show and this is literally just a downgraded version of that.

No sir - this is actually one of the few comics that is rated all-kid-friendly, and can get Marvel comic and branding in where the Teen+ books can't (or won't) go. Also, its a walking ad for the toys and for Disney XD, which has limited distribution. Its cross-marketing reach at its finest, and all at a really low cost, relative to producing a real comic. It probably won't sell for crap through the direct market - but it ends up next to Adventure Time, Archies, and other sub-teen pablum.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
No sir - this is actually one of the few comics that is rated all-kid-friendly, and can get Marvel comic and branding in where the Teen+ books can't (or won't) go. Also, its a walking ad for the toys and for Disney XD, which has limited distribution. Its cross-marketing reach at its finest, and all at a really low cost, relative to producing a real comic. It probably won't sell for crap through the direct market - but it ends up next to Adventure Time, Archies, and other sub-teen pablum.

Exactly. The goal for profits here is similar to the hopes for profits from motion comics. It is produced at a relatively cheap cost and while you know it likely won't make as much money as a full-fledged DTV, the fact that the costs are much lower than a full-fledged DTV means you should still turn a nice tidy profit from it. That's the theory here with this comic book line, it's produced for low cost and is going to be placed next to Archie and the like where kids are going to notice it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts