"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Yeah the ones that got shelved fully were the Tigra and Dazzler cartoon & the Howard the Duck cartoon. M.O.D.O.K and hit Monkey were too far in production so those first seasons got made (MODOK already out Hit Monkey about to come out) with the offenders series only in the idea pitch so yeah that never got made either out of those Hulu planned shows. Which at least put it above the live action hulu marvel shows which only got Helstrom and... nothing else.
Wasn't really looking forward to any of those. Though might check out Hit Monkey out of curiosity.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

brodie999

Yeah the ones that got shelved fully were the Tigra and Dazzler cartoon & the Howard the Duck cartoon. M.O.D.O.K and hit Monkey were too far in production so those first seasons got made (MODOK already out Hit Monkey about to come out) with the offenders series only in the idea pitch so yeah that never got made either out of those Hulu planned shows. Which at least put it above the live action hulu marvel shows which only got Helstrom and... nothing else.
Yeah, I can only wonder what would've happened if Feige let all of the shows outside of Marvel Studios to keep going. Maybe he would've started being involved more with said shows. Maybe even create a Force Works and even Champions section within the MCU. And create live-action versions of the Offenders series in the MCU too.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
As a follow up, an interesting pattern seems to be emerging after I did a little searching for old links.

-November 9, 2016: Holland says he signed on to a 6 movie contract, 3 solo Spider-Man movies and 3 non-solo-MCU movies.

-July 2019: Feige says the 3rd Spider-Man will feature a story never done on film before.

-August 2019: Development on a 4th Spider-Man also begins.

-August 21, 2019: Schism between Marvel and Sony breaks out. (So Holland's contract is unfulfilled, he had 1 more solo movie to do which later becomes NWH).

-September 27, 2019: It was announced Marvel was to produce a third solo Spider-Man movie for Sony, and for the character to appear in at least one additional Disney-Marvel film.

-June 30, 2020: Questionable WGTC claims Marvel Studios' overall plan is to do 3 Spider-Man trilogies total. 1 in high school, 1 in college, 1 in adult life.

-July 13, 2020: Marvel Studios reportedly trying to sign Holland to 6 more movies - 3 more solo Spider-Man movies and 3 more non-solo-MCU movies.

-February 24, 2021: Holland says a third deal has already been worked out so another fiasco doesn't happen.

-September 26, 2021: Reportedly Holland wants $20 million to renew contract.

-October 18, 2021: Holland calls No Way Home a conclusion, the end of the Homecoming trilogy, and if he made more, should give it time and make it tonally different.

-November 15, 2021: A new Spider-Man trilogy reportedly in development with the new Disney+ animated series to air between movies and fill in gaps.

-November 17, 2021: Holland now appearing less resolved to reprise the role, suggesting it could be time to move on and Marvel should do Miles Morales next OR he might keep doing Spider-Man 4, 5, 6 into his early 30s.

So, after filming for NWH ended in March 2021 - seems like Marvel made its move to negotiate a new contract with Holland, he asked for more money, the studio(s) balked at the amount, Holland has either soured on his stance on reprising and is deciding to exit the franchise OR is making such statements this month publicly as a coy negotiating tactic.

And there's still the question is the "one additional Disney-Marvel film" still in play.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

the greenman

Well, even though the site WGTC is highly questionable, I actually hope that rumor is true. Personally, I do question the whole idea of what they do with Spidey.

This MCU Spider-man is mostly rushed (as usual), the question is to where? I'm not really feeling the Spider-man and his not-so-amazing friends aspect of MCU Spider-man. I long for the older style of Spider-man films. Solo teen angst, Bugle characters, and a villain. I guess they overstayed their welcome.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
It's been theorized that Tom Holland was totally game for doing more Spider-Man and made a big point about "oh I don't want to keep doing these movies for THAT much longer" as a way to get Sony and Marvel for a higher paycheck for these films. Which if they announced officially a full trailer seems pretty obvious that's what happened. Also seems more obvious Sony and Marvel have managed to make an agreement for the long haul for this take on Spider Man in the MCU which if he's supposed to be the main face of it would make sense due to not only Spider man's popularity but well Holland's as well. It's hard to know where exactly these films would got at all but I think Sony was fine admitting there are more plans since they knew at the very least they weren't going to kill off this take of Spidey in No Way Home so might as well say "there's more to do with the character". I admit I wasn't the biggest fan of Far From Home but No Way Home still has me hyped and I'm fine with Holland so yeah on board for whatever plans they have for him going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts