Launch or Android 18

zoombie

Don't ask me why I ask this question, I just did. I see similarity in these two characters. Each was a tough girl who when they were protagonists (so when it comes to 18, I am referring to the Buu saga) who were background characters. They were not as promoenent as Bulma or Chi Chi, anyway who like better?

Launch or Android 18? When I refer to Launch I mean just the blond crazy "evil" Launch not the blue haired"good" Launch.

I am disappointed that Launch was written out and forgetten when they got to the Sayans part. She could have been like Yamchra, Oolong, and that bunch and just get demoted in importance but still be there, just so the two of them could cross paths.

As to answer my own question, probably Launch, with the split personality there was a lot to her character, once 18 turned good, she was just Krillen's no nonsence wife, though I loved in one of the movies when she trashed Mister Satan's house.

I am thinking a fun AU fan fic would be those being a duo like Thelma and Louise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Lunch. All of her scenes are hilarious, espicially in the anime. Koyama Mami is an ace voice actress and she always brought a great duality to Lunch. Lunch also shares the best scenes with other characters, espicially Muten Roushi. Miya'uchi Kouhei's Muten Roushi always played off well against Lunch.

Artificial Human No. 18 never had quite as much time to flourish, which is a shame. Itou Miki did some great stuff with what little time she had with the role.

zoombie

I really like Lunch. All of her scenes are hilarious, espicially in the anime. Koyama Mami is an ace voice actress and she always brought a great duality to Lunch. Lunch also shares the best scenes with other characters, espicially Muten Roushi. Miya'uchi Kouhei's Muten Roushi always played off well against Lunch.

Artificial Human No. 18 never had quite as much time to flourish, which is a shame. Itou Miki did some great stuff with what little time she had with the role.

Is it Lunch or Launch? If it is Lunch, please fix the spelling on the thread title, I thought it was Lunch, dam Wikipedia.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I didn't initally care for Launch (well at least her evil personality anyway) or Andriod 18 because they came off as rather one note honestly: launch had her gimmick and 18 just seemed to be like 17 with less of an ego and a desire to go shopping more. I did warm up to them more when they became actually part of the Z quad but overall I think I like Launch more. First off she does have an interesting duality and the fact she knows about her dark half but can't really do much but apologize for it was amusing. Also she was probably the only fully geuninley nice female main Dragonball character as Bulma/Chi Chic and 18 had more hardness to them even in their softer moments. While good launch was soft. I also like how evil launch acutally grew a crush on Tien which actually felt more natural then some of DB's other attempts at romance. Truthfully I think when it comes to acutally more fully developed (character wise anyway) DB Ladies I think Videl was the best but I'd probably go with Launch second best. And yeah shame she got forgotten about but considering how sidelines uselss a lot of the cast was when DBZ started maybe that's a good thing.

zoombie

I think I like Launch more. First off she does have an interesting duality and the fact she knows about her dark half but can't really do much but apologize for it was amusing. Also she was probably the only fully geuninley nice female main Dragonball character as Bulma/Chi Chic and 18 had more hardness to them even in their softer moments.

One thing I liked about "good" Launch, is she was the closest thing that Goku had to a motherly figure. And I thought those moments even though they were far and few were very sweet.

I agree she was the only female grownup character (not counting Marien or Pam) that was genuninley nice. Though Chi Chi was also genuninley nice before we saw her again in the Piccello Jr saga. Remember she was allowed to go on the flying nemis, by the end of the series, I doubt she would able to fly on the flying nemis. But that is another story.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I actually like 18 a lot, I was just annoyed that once she became a good guy, she pretty much vanished (although she did get some amusing scenes with Mr. Satan).

ssnake33

... let's see

well.. I mean if I have to choose one.. mm I would choose launch. At least I know one of her personalities will make me dinner :)

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

These 2 are some of my favorite females in DB lol.

I think I'll choose 18. Badass female character who actually knows how to fight, not annoying, doesn't take crap from anybody and chooses family over anything. The only female I like more than her is Bulma.

I really like Launch too, but she didn't have as much screentime or relevance, and she did came off as a one-note gag character.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Android 21 of course

latest

Majin_21_playable_character.jpg

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Truthfully I think when it comes to acutally more fully developed (character wise anyway) DB Ladies I think Videl was the best but I'd probably go with Launch second best. And yeah shame she got forgotten about but considering how sidelines uselss a lot of the cast was when DBZ started maybe that's a good thing.

Never thought I would quote to argue my...25 year old self (man I forgotten I had even written that message years back) but honestly watching the soon to be ending Super, honestly I may actually give more to 18 over Launch. Because yeah she still has a bit of a bitter and selfish attitude and snide comments but Super's actually opened her up much more as a character and actually showed a lot of general emotion. Like in Z I didn't really get the fact that she really cared that much for Krillin and... I only got that in GT when Krillin was killed but not the two as a couple but we actually have a lot of moments of that in the series and of 18 actually showing concern and affection for her husband that actually makes the two's relationship feel less like a gimmick and more like... well an actual relationship. Plus she had a lot of awesome moments in the Tournament of Power from tossing that Pride Trooper with the energy shield gimmick to blasting away that Universe 3 robot to of course dressing down and then punching out Brienne and showing how much she cares about her own family. There were some lame "did she really need to be saved this many time" moments but i guess a lot of characters had that in the Tourney of Power and hey in the end she at least went down sacrificing her stay in the tourney for her brother which is nice and yeah showing the two still had a connection again was good so... yeah honestly 18 like a lot of other characters was reinvigorated and bettered by Super to be someone I was much more invested in honestly so yeah I find her a much better character then Launch now. Kind of a shame Launch was forgotten and couldn't even be in a series that at points at least tried juggling it's characters better (at least every participant in the Tournament of Power in Universe 7 had a moment to shine, even Master Roshi and Krillin) but I do appreciate having a much better 18 then what we had... 75+ months previously.

Radical

Banned
Both Launch and Android #18, my favorite awesome hot female characters of Dragonball.

I enjoy Launch in all of her great hilarious scenes with Kid Goku and the gang, the Innocent Launch, the best more nicer female supporting character and a great motherly figure for Kid Goku and the gang.Evil Launch, best awesome funny ruthless villainess in her great scenes, her soft sides and crush on Tien was pretty sweet.A shame she got written out of the show as much as she needed to stay with the gang for great moments, oh well, but loved her great cameo in the Kid Majin Buu Saga.

Android #18, great ruthless cyborg villainess to an awesome anti-heroine ally and best wife for Krillin better than the annoying witch Chi-Chi.Loved it when she crushed Vegeta as a villainess.Her moments with Hercule on being greedy for money was so funny, hahahahaha.Her major roles in Dragonball Super were pretty awesome especially in the Tournament of Power, loved her great sibling bond with Android #17, sweet character development as a great caring wife for Krillin, sweet fights, great team-up with Krillin, and sweet wins defeating Sorrel, Shosa, Tupper, Cocotte, Brianne(Ribrianne), and Biarra.Her sacrifice elimination to save Android #17 was pretty sweet/touching:D.I'll enjoy more of her major roles in the future.

Both Caulifla, Kale, Yurin, Hop, Sorrel, Cocotte, Brianne(Ribrianne)/Su(Rozie), Caway, Dercori, Monna, and Android #21 were great awesome new interesting female characters that I love:D.

Last edited:

SpaceCowboy

Is it Lunch or Launch? If it is Lunch, please fix the spelling on the thread title, I thought it was Lunch, dam Wikipedia.
Her name was originally Lunch, but Funimation changed it to Launch for the English dub. More people are probably familiar with the dub name.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts