"Harley Quinn (DC Universe)" Animated Series News & Discussion, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otaku-sempai

DC Universe has released a new trailer for the second season of Harley Quinn, coming April 3. Check it out below:

I see that the map of Gotham is basically the one that debuted in 2000 when the city was rebuilt after the events of "No Man's Land". Yes, I keep my copy of the Gotham City Secret Files one-shot handy. I'm such a nerd!

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
DC Universe has released a new trailer for the second season of Harley Quinn, coming April 3. Check it out below:

Literally all I care about is that Bane survived :D.

So I take it the male villains carve up Gotham for themselves and Harley is having none of that :evil:.

Looks like Babs is a wannabe vigilante who tries to emulate Batman after he vanishes. She's seen with Harley and Ivy looking...normal, so I'm kind of wondering what's going on there :ack:.

Catwoman! She looks like her Darwyn Cooke redesign but with a more pulply feel. Getting in that whip action :cool:.

Pscyho with Parademons? Do I even want to know :p?

Harley and Ivy holding hands for obvious ship-teasing :rolleyes2:.
Kind of random, but Riddler's picture is the only one that doesn't look like a mughost :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
She's seen with Harley and Ivy looking...normal, so I'm kind of wondering what's going on there :ack:.
It's unexpected that's for sure. Catwoman I get. Harley and Ivy could trying to gather all female villains together to take on the dude alliance in the trailer for all of Gotham. The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe Commissioner Gordon got kidnapped by Penguin or one of the others and there's a team up to save him.

Frontier

Staff member
It's unexpected that's for sure. Catwoman I get. Harley and Ivy could trying to gather all female villains together to take on the dude alliance in the trailer for all of Gotham. The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe Commissioner Gordon got kidnapped by Penguin or one of the others and there's a team up to save him.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see the dynamic for sure...but it would be cool to see more female villains :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I see that the map of Gotham is basically the one that debuted in 2000 when the city was rebuilt after the events of "No Man's Land". Yes, I keep my copy of the Gotham City Secret Files one-shot handy. I'm such a nerd!
Come to think of it, what is that island they reserved for Harley? I don't recall an island being off the coast of Amusement Mile unless they flipped Blackgate Island to the other side of Gotham for this continuity.

Otaku-sempai

Come to think of it, what is that island they reserved for Harley? I don't recall an island being off the coast of Amusement Mile unless they flipped Blackgate Island to the other side of Gotham for this continuity.
Good question. The original map does not show an island there, next to where the Robert Kane Memorial Bridge should be (not shown in the clip). But, since the original Blackgate Isle is missing from it's location south of Cathedral Square, you may be onto something. The orientation of the map seems to have been changed from the original as well.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Season 2 logline and stills and logline for "New Gotham" released.

Good question. The original map does not show an island there, next to where the Robert Kane Memorial Bridge should be (not shown in the clip). But, since the original Blackgate Isle is missing from it's location south of Cathedral Square, you may be onto something. The orientation of the map seems to have been changed from the original as well.
Perhaps. It's pretty much if you download the map from a google search, then rotate clockwise once on an image editing program, then copy paste Blackgate Isle to the right side -- there you go. Weird choice but I guess sticking it on the side of Gotham by Crime Alley and Amusement Mile seems fitting...

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Catwoman is an ally to Harley and Ivy.

There will be a lot of Two-Face, an original song, and George Lopez (he'll fare better than Howie).

Pretty much confirms Darkseid.

Catwoman is in about 3 episodes.

On Barbara Gordon:
-Barbara is a college student in Gotham when we meet her in the show.
-Definite origin story.
-She's (expectedly) brainy, and a fighter.
-She's the shining ray of hope that her father lacks/needs.
-She doesn’t see Harley as a pure villain.
-The enemy of my enemy is my friend

There is a couple post production things to do for the last few episodes, but work on season 2 is essentially done.

Catwoman debuts in the third episode of the season. "She is an old friend of Ivy’s who helps Harley and Ivy with a mission. But she’s not the most trustworthy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) live tomorrow night (as of this post) :D
I've been promoted to moderator/staff member, just a day after my account turned 7 no less!
Forget "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead". I still say "Once Upon a Time" is the best show of the 2010's.
Regarding MeTV Toons, do you think one day that they’ll start airing shows from the 2010’s? Stuff like The Looney Tunes Show or Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated?
If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.

Featured Posts