"Harley Quinn (DC Universe)" Animated Series News & Discussion, Part 1 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I was thinking they would split the show in two, like with Young Justice Outsiders, and also have 2-3 episodes per week. But going just by how they premiered Titans this year, I guess it's possible to have a show last from October to the end of the year.

Speaking of which, the second batch YJ episodes should also overlap with Swamp Thing, I think.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I was thinking they would split the show in two, like with Young Justice Outsiders, and also have 2-3 episodes per week. But going just by how they premiered Titans this year, I guess it's possible to have a show last from October to the end of the year.
True, they could do the first half of Harley then put out Titans season 2, then the second half after in early 2020. That option would probably be for the better considering the animating process.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
February 18th:
It's a minor thing, but Amber Blade Jones is working as a revisionist on the show, and shared some character studies.

March 8th:
Looks like more images from the show leaked online. There's also one with Harley & Joker together, complete with a glimpse at a script page (but this one requires a NSFW warning).

EDIT:
I missed this earlier since no source was listed, but it appears Kaley Cuoco shared the images on Instagram.

Some more brief footage can also be seen in this DC Universe teaser.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I missed this earlier since no source was listed, but it appears Kaley Cuoco shared the images on Instagram.
Looks like Harley trades in her classic duds for the Amanda Conner design once she leaves Joker and goes solo. I'm not surprised, although I was kind of hoping she'd keep her classic design :(.

Look at that chin on Joker. John Byrne, eat your heart out :p.
Some more brief footage can also be seen in this DC Universe teaser.
Cool :cool:.

Kind of off-topic, but is any of that Wonder Girl (Cassie) footage new :confused:?

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
Yes. Yes it is. Actually all the YJ footage is new save for the brief shot of Artemis. Also hi.
Edit: Excuse me, shots of Artemis. One from the 3 part premiere, and the shot where she's leaping at Black Manta.

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
April 21st:
Minor point but Jefferson Friedman will score the music. He previously worked with the producers on Powerless.
Thanks! I've submitted the credit to IMDb, though they prefer that such credits be added for individual episodes, so we'll see what happens. As of now, the item is 'pending'.

EDIT 4/22/19: The credit was declined. "Reason Does not meet contribution guidelines." I'll let it go for someone who doesn't mind the trouble of submitting it for individual episodes.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
That's awesome to learn she's got a directing gig at last after working on a lot of the DTVs over the years. But in the greater scheme, that's 2 directors we've learned of in a short amount of time. Maybe there's 1 or 2 more. I'd guess whatever NDA has expired and more of the crew will be revealing themselves.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.
With all of the drama, hype and rumors going amok- past and present, inside and outside the animation community- I almost just want to escape, a la the late, great Jimi Hendrix:
I wish a happy 52nd birthday to Fred Tatasciore. He's known for many roles like the Hulk, Solomon Grundy, Rocksteady, Megatron, and many more.
This new "Amphibia" show actually looks interesting.
Noggin got a new logo