"Harley Quinn (DC Universe)" Animated Series News & Discussion, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I don't remember seeing all these cast roles, such as with Tom Kenny (who wasn't even mentioned in the initial press), or Alan Tudyk voicing Clayface in addition to the previously announced Joker.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
A new trailer was released. A NSFW warning is appropriate I think.
Yeah, this definitely looks like the series it was advertised as :p.

I think yo ucan see the Legion of Doom headquarters in that scene where Harley hits long-haired Aquaman. I think it's probably that scene with all the various villains clapping for Harley too :cool:.

And...Harley Quinn clones :confused:.

Looks like they're going with the origin where Harley got thrown into a vat of chemicals like Joker did :).

Look at Lex palling around with KGBeast ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
From the panel:

The series was in development for 3 years,
the pilot sets up the whole season,
it will be serialized,
the crew had full access to the vault of DC characters,
Harley is likened to Mary Tyler Moore if she was a killer,
Harley's crew will debut by episode 4,
the actors recorded together when they could,
Harley wants to be the biggest bad,
Poison Ivy doesn't see herself as a villain and she's not much of one on the show,
Bane is a big part of the show,
Bane apparently has someone at Starbucks he hates,
the pilot took 6 months to make,
the crew was fearful of what Bruce Timm would think so they took their time on the pilot, the writers room started in November 2017,
once Harley gets the eye of the Legion of Doom heavy hitters like Lex Luthor and Black Manta will appear,
the Legion treats Bane badly,
Timm saw it and liked it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A new trailer was released. A NSFW warning is appropriate I think.
Wow, they weren't joking when they said they had full access to characters. Harley, Joker, Penguin, Scarecrow, Riddler, Metallo, Black Manta, Reverse Flash, someone off screen, Aquaman, Ivy, Dr. Psycho, Clayface, Maxie Zeus, some rat general, King Shark, Queen of Fables, Syd Borgman, the evil clone girls, Gordon, Claything (?), Batman, JB's houseplant character, Kiteman, Luthor, KGBeast, Humpty Dumpty (?), Captain Cold, Two-Face, Cheetah, and Calendar Man. Phew.

That's about the kind of NSFW stuff I expected. Nut shots, heads getting bashed by the baseball bat, and Joker shot a henchman point blank. Woof.

I mean, the trailer did it's job, and I'm a bit more intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts