Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Regime Change" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate Comment - Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Regime Change"

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The countdown to the season finale continues! Check out the all-new episode of Green Lantern: The Animated Series today at 10:00am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network!

Green Lantern: The Animated Series
May 5th, 2012 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#10 Regime Change"

Hal and the gang must return to the planet Betrassus to help Queen Iolande defend her world. Her brother Ragnar has received a red power ring and eagerly accepts it. Now, Hal, Kilowog and the rest of the crew must save Queen Iolande and Betrassus before Ragnar takes over the planet... or destroys it altogether.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

frostedone

Poor Ganthet.

I wonder if this means that he and Sayd will create the Blue Lantern Corps soon?

It doesn't seem like Razer is too mad at Aya, and thats good.

Oh snap the power of hope! This may be a problem for Razer later on, but really supercharges the GL rings.

intangible

Wow, I honestly haven't been interested in this show much, but this episode has pretty much reeled me in!

jhpark

Nice. I have to admit I was hoping to see Razer turn into a Blue, but I guess that's premature. Maybe the lantern is heading for Saint Walker? Or Ganthet? Either way... I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next

Gold Starz

"Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
Nice. I have to admit I was hoping to see Razer turn into a Blue, but I guess that's premature. Maybe the lantern is heading for Saint Walker? Or Ganthet? Either way... I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next
We know that St. Walker will be a Blue Lantern sometime in the first two season, so I'd say he's a likely candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragnatek

I still think Razor will become a blue eventually.

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Probably my favorite episode so far. Even if they are simplifying the story and characters a little bit, its great to see the mythology falling into place.

jhpark

I think the simplifying makes things better. I've been reading up on the GL mythos on wiki, and some of the storylines just seem ridiculous... I think that's why I can only take comics in small doses, and much prefer the animated versions.

jph139

Immortal
Really loving the whole Hope thing with Ganthet - Ian Abercrombie did a great job with him, and it's a real shame we won't be able to see him continue the role.

In fact, the entire political situation on Oa was my favorite part of the episode for sure. I can see both sides of the argument (though, of course, Appa makes it a challenge), and I'm wondering where exile will take him. And what role Sayd will have over the next few episodes.

It was nice to see Iolande again so soon, and Ragnar was SO hate-able, so it was good to have the villainy there. The Red Lanterns seem to be escalating for sure... lots brewing. And the blue light at the end, particularly the shot of the sky after they set off the bomb? Man, really beautifully done... if this show won't win you over on CG TV animation, nothing will.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great episode :anime:
Cool to have Ragnar to become a Red Lantern,the fight scenes was awesome
Also cool to see the Blue Lantern's Power Battery to save the day

Riddler

It seems to keep getting better and better each week!!!

The animation was so cool when the blue lantern activated and the GL's grew more powerful!

LOVING this show!!

reflection01

Every week I'm amazed at how much I like this show. They've done an excellent job with the storyline.

Quincey Forder

Great episode :anime:
Cool to have Ragnar to become a Red Lantern,the fight scenes was awesome
Also cool to see the Blue Lantern's Power Battery to save the day

I love the reference Hal made
"you and your Blue Men Group"
it brought to my mind a trio of Guardians hitting pipes and barrels with drumsticks

Wonderwall

Staff member
The show just keeps amping the stakes more and more. I felt bad for Ganthet( and it was nice that Ian got a lot to work with in what might be his final performance ) and I got a big Yoda vibe from him I expected to him to land on Degoba:p.

The GL's are going to have to find a new ways of combating the Reds. They were really getting their butts kicked there. Are Red Lanterns usually this much more physically strong than GLs in the comics? Luckily that blue lantern battery was there.

Here's hoping this time Iolande joins the crew, after a Planet Buster almost blew up her planet I think her people would understand her taking a leave of absence. But yea cool episode with great fight scenes and enough political backstabbing in the Guardian subplot.

frostedone

The show just keeps amping the stakes more and more. I felt bad for Ganthet( and it was nice that Ian got a lot to work with in what might be his final performance ) and I got a big Yoda vibe from him I expected to him to land on Degoba:p.

The GL's are going to have to find a new ways of combating the Reds. They were really getting their butts kicked there. Are Red Lanterns usually this much more physically strong than GLs in the comics? Luckily that blue lantern battery was there.

Here's hoping this time Iolande joins the crew, after a Planet Buster almost blew up her planet I think her people would understand her taking a leave of absence. But yea cool episode with great fight scenes and enough political backstabbing in the Guardian subplot.

In the comics the Red Lanterns primarily use their rings to throw up burning napalm instead of making constructs or beams (Most cannot think rationally to make them, instead they are like rabid dogs, aside from Atrocitus and Bleez, who can make constructs since they have free will).

The Red Lantern's napalm is signigigantly more powerful then most GL beams. It can erode away a Green Lantern's shield very quickly, and a GL cannot douse the flames. Something about how rage can corrod willpower. The only Lantern that can defeat the red flames is Blue Lantern's power and I think Violet (Star Sapphires) Lanerns can too since both hope and love can conquer rage.

That said in the comics a Red Lantern needs the ring to live because it replaces their heart and blood with Red Lanten energy. If the ring gets removed then they die to since they can no longer support bodily functions without blood or a heart. A Blue Lantern can save them though.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Cool thanks for the info. I figured that was the case too as rage can be the source of great physical strength.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts