General International TV Channels Thread

J10

It’s already mentioned in the previous page, and not just in CZ, but also in Slovakia.
In Czech and Slovakia too. In the article, it’s mentions that HGTV might possibly enter these markets.
Fine Living v Česku a na Slovensku končí

Also, someone said that it’ll be removed from Hungary on the same day. From this shutdown, Fine Living’s closure might also affect the MENA region too, which is broadcasted via beIN; formerly on OSN in 2013 until 2018.
In Hungary Fine Living and Discovery Showcase HD close down on December 31.
Does it happen in other countries?

Last edited:

Moleoman

Canal+ Domo to launch in Czech Republic on 1st December with Domo+ programs localized into Czech:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
It's kinda interesting that Canal+ out of all companies. There are too many home improvement channels here. Fine Living HD, Spektrum Home, Canal+ Domo, HobbyTV. Fine Living replaced with HGTV. Prima, Nova and ČT all have home shows. Dunno, seems overkill.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
But why the duopoly has to be broken by a biased and "loud" news channel?
Well, did you even read @RegularCapital's comment on why the duopoly has to be broken regardless of biased views of this channel or not? It doesn't really feel like it, so... Not to mention that people would rather watch a whole new news channel regardless of biased views than the same old stuff.

RegularCapital

Staff member
HBO Max will be coming to the Asia-Pacific region in the near future, David Simonsen who will continue to lead the development of HBO GO in APAC will be working with HBO Max's Global team in preparation for the regional launch.

J10

HBO Max will be coming to the Asia-Pacific region in the near future, David Simonsen who will continue to lead the development of HBO GO in APAC will be working with HBO Max's Global team in preparation for the regional launch.

I thought that HBO GO will change its name to HBO Max, but they won’t do it. So, they’ll continue to lead the development of HBO GO, instead of changing the name, as of the article.

I wish if they could change the name of the app and the service.

Last edited:

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels

But never ever in Europe. I get that where there is Sky, they did that thing with NOW TV. But where there's no Sky? I think of the CEE region where they have the HBO channels. Or of France, I think Warner TV could get some HBO Max stuff?

RegularCapital

Staff member
But never ever in Europe. I get that where there is Sky, they did that thing with NOW TV. But where there's no Sky? I think of the CEE region where they have the HBO channels. Or of France, I think Warner TV could get some HBO Max stuff?

It's coming to Europe, but not the countries where HBO has business deals with third-parties, to an extent NOW TV/Sky will act as an exclusive content distributor for HBO Max originals in the UK, Germany, and Italy, except for Cartoon Network/Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Bros. Television content. HBO Max has several local partners, such as Orange in France or BeTV (French) and Telenet (Dutch) in Belgium.

It's mostly CEE, Spain, Portugal and Nordic where they get HBO content directly from WarnerMedia, these will be the countries where HBO Max will launch.

CNCN2014

Something a little bit interesting, FUNimation (owned by the same company as Animax) may be planning to launch a linear TV channel in the UK and has no confirmed timescale of when this is intending to launch, this is all according to TVChannelLists.com, so there's technically no source on this or where the site may have gotten this information from.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Something a little bit interesting, FUNimation (owned by the same company as Animax) may be planning to launch a linear TV channel in the UK and has no confirmed timescale of when this is intending to launch, this is all according to TVChannelLists.com, so there's technically no source on this or where the site may have gotten this information from.

Animax, just way too late.
Just kidding, as Sony retired the Animax name in UK.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It's coming to Europe, but not the countries where HBO has business deals with third-parties, to an extent NOW TV/Sky will act as an exclusive content distributor for HBO Max originals in the UK, Germany, and Italy, except for Cartoon Network/Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Bros. Television content. HBO Max has several local partners, such as Orange in France or BeTV (French) and Telenet (Dutch) in Belgium.

It's mostly CEE, Spain, Portugal and Nordic where they get HBO content directly from WarnerMedia, these will be the countries where HBO Max will launch.
HBO is not exclusive to Telenet anymore in Flanders. The HBO programs are available on "Streamz" now together with some Warner Bros and Nickelodeon programs and Flemish series. It costs €12/month.

sorin96

RTL Spike will closedown in Hungary on January 12th 2021 and on the same date will be launched TeenNick who'll also launch in Romania on the same date.
Also,from December 17th,Paramount Channel will rebrand as Paramount Network only in Hungary

RegularCapital

Staff member
MTV's streaming service Play To Launch on Amazon Prime Video in the UK: MTV Play launches on Amazon Prime Video

Poland's TVP aims to launch an English language channel with the working title "TVP World" in 2021: TVP preparing English language channel

Discovery Deutschland signs distribution deal with Deutsche Telekom's MagentaTV: Discovery Deutschland signs MagentaTV agreement

Entertainment One (Hasbro) agrees new Sky Cinema deal, films include The Twilight Saga, 1917 and upcoming Transformers movies:

In an effort to offload some of AT&T's debt, WarnerMedia is planning to sell Chilean national broadcaster, Chilevision to ViacomCBS: ViacomCBS edges closer to Chilevision Viacom afina los últimos detalles para comprar Chilevisión

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Poland's TVP aims to launch an English language channel with the working title "TVP World" in 2021: TVP preparing English language channel
The TVP World plan reminds me of some foreign services in English that have a particular bias over a certain region, like TRT World over Arabia and India and CGTN and Al-Jazeera over Africa (mostly the former).

Portugal doesn't have any money for such a channel.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts