Fight Club is a comedy ? (minor spoilers)

Chris Sanders MSX

The MAN is back
I recently rented the Fight Club DVD and having seen the movie a million times I went right into the Audio Commentaries. I listened to the one with Brad,Ed and co. And I hear them say time and time again that this movie was a dark comedy. I didn't find to much outside of the missions Tyler sends the members of Fight Club on funny.

Am I the only one that didn't see this film as a comedy ? I really just thought of it as a movie that was meant as a mind screw. Because every time I watch it, I can't sleep the first night because all I can do is think about it.

Also Has anyone read the book ? I'm going to go look for it, but i'd like to know does it end the same way as the movie ? I'd like to know what happens after the credit card offices buildings go down.

spectre316

i think i'm gonna throw up
I dunno. The first time I saw it, I didn't approach it as a comedy so much. But, come on, what about the stuff in the beginning? With the therapy sessions? It's very, very dark, but it's a little funny at least.

Terminatah

Badass Cyborg
Of course it's a dark comedy. The entire thing reeks of surreal absurdity. Ed Norton kicks his own ass, for cryin out loud.

-Terminatah

James

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see it as a comedy, but it is funny. Hilarious even. But then Nicholson is hilarious as the Joker, but I don't classify Batman as a Dark Comedy!

Clayface

Molecularly Malleable Mod
Originally posted by Terminatah
Of course it's a dark comedy. The entire thing reeks of surreal absurdity. Ed Norton kicks his own ass, for cryin out loud.

Amen! That whole movie cracks me up - it is most definitely a dark comedy, and the best one I've ever seen.

The book is really good, but quite different in some ways. Definitely worth checking out.

Weatherman

Space...not what it used to be
Staff member
Reporter
Fight Club can be whatever you want it to be, depending on uour attitude at the time you view it. Comedy, tragedy, suspense, drama, ect.

Personally, I saw it very much as a Dark comedy/Satire piece. :)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts