• Colin Baker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sylvester McCoy

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calhoun07

It's Me
Who is your favorite actor from the Dr Who TV series. I know there are others from movies but I am just counting the main 7 right now.

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
Well, my favorite is Jon Pertwee, though admittedly I haven't seen many of his stories. I used to be able to see Dr. Who every weekend but went to college and the local PBS station doesn't carry it.

Some of the action stuff of the Pertwee era is silly (Venusian akido) but what I've seen, I like. Hartnell's Doctor had a decent personality, very original having a crotchety old man, but Hartnell often flubbed lines and there were a lot of weaknesses in the scripts. But because of the originality there, I think the first Doctor is often underrated.

While you decided not to include them, and I don't really disagree with that since they haven't seen much use, Paul McGann played the Doctor in the 1996 Fox movie that was on Sci Fi recently, Peter Cushing played Doctor in 2 movies from the 60s.

I'm sure many Americans have no idea what we are talking about. Maybe some British fans will speak up?

Frozen

When Hell freezes over.
I love Tom Baker, because he's the one I grew up with, but I also like the crotchety old man approach of William hartnell, so he's a close second!

Also, my favourite 'Doctor who never was' is Jeremy Brett, who played Sherlock Holmes for many years on Briish TV - he would have been perfect, and was in the running for the role when they cast Sylvester McCoy, I believe...

Anybody got any favourite Dr Who stories?

Calhoun07

It's Me
I voted for Sylvester McCoy. I liked the stories with his character the most, but for other favorite stories? I will have to get back to you on that. I have a hard time remembering the names of the story lines, but I could tell you plot points. I have to look at an episode list to get the names of the shows I really liked.

Trial of a Time Lord is right at the top of my head. That entire story was just great.

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
Some of my faves

The Three Doctors
The Green Death (Pertwee fights giant maggots. Cool.)
Spearhead from Space (First Pertwee)
Tomb of the Cybermen (Troughton, Cybermen are revived from tombs...okay, so that's a bit obvious)
The Sontaran Experiment and Genesis of the Daleks (early Tom Baker, Genesis is probably the most well known story)
Castrovalva (First Davison)

Frozen

When Hell freezes over.
I saw Jon Pertwee's son Sean on the TV last night - and he is starting to look SO MUCH like his dad! Wouldn't it be a blast if he was ever cast as the 3rd Doctor!!?

As an aside, I thought you Dr Who fans might be interested in seeing this...

13thDPg1.JPG

13thDPg2.JPG

Calhoun07

It's Me
Is that the comic from the Dr Who Magazine?

And, Frozen, you're from England, right? Where's a good place on line to find new collections of Dr Who comics?

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
That's pretty cool Frozen! That certainly looks like it's from DWM. I haven't picked that up in years. Is that from the latest issue? Maybe I should pick up a copy over Thanksgiving.

Yeah, I've heard rumors that Sean might be asked to be the Doctor. I think that they were mostly around before McGann took up the role, but who knows, maybe if they ever revive the series or do another special we'll see Sean. They could do some interesting stories just on why he seems to look like his 3rd incarnation.

There are 2 good places for online Who fans to get info that I know of.

http://www.drwhoalliance.com/ used to send out weekly e-mailings but now they're bi-monthly.

http://www.gallifreyone.com/ has all the latest news and used to have some good Red Dwarf news too, they don't seem to have much now though.

I still need to watch my copy of The Tenth Planet with the restored 4th episode. Hmm...maybe that's something I can do this weekend.

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
Oh, calhoun, I dunno if you'd wanna order comics from England, the shipping would be murder. I would suggest just checking local comic shops, you can often find at least a few issues. Or try www.milehighcomics.com but prices are steep. Local comic shops usually sell this stuff for pretty cheap. Back issues are very reasonably priced right now, especially for lesser-known stuff like Dr. Who.

Calhoun07

It's Me
Originally posted by Joe Tully
Oh, calhoun, I dunno if you'd wanna order comics from England, the shipping would be murder. I would suggest just checking local comic shops, you can often find at least a few issues. Or try www.milehighcomics.com but prices are steep. Local comic shops usually sell this stuff for pretty cheap. Back issues are very reasonably priced right now, especially for lesser-known stuff like Dr. Who.

I've ordered from England before. The thing about American comic book sites, they don't have anything NEW NEW. They have all the same stuff I got before, the old Marvel American series, or the original British Dr Who comics which were reprinted in the Marvel series, and old issues of Dr Who magazine. I tried looking for hours one night at various sites from England with no luck. I don't want much, just some new collections of Dr Who comic from the last ten years or so from Sylvester McCoy on.

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
I didn't know that they were still making Dr. Who comics. Is that still Marvel? And I assume its not just compilations of the DWM comics.

Frozen

When Hell freezes over.
As far as I'm aware, there are no new Doctor Who comic collections available. The only two published that I know are Abslom Daak: Dalek Killeer (which is, incidentally, superb), and the one with Frobisher the talking penguin, the name of which escapes me right now. I don't think there are any plans to release the DWM strips in collected editions, but I could be wrong... But, Calhoun, I worked in a comic shop for a couple of years before I landed my current job, so I know people "in the know" if you have any ISBN numbers or actual titles you're after...

The comic isn't from DWM - but I wish it was! I concieved, wrote, and drew it for a small press Who fanzine, but then never finished it because I fell out with comics! I have only a few regrets in my life - and not finishing this is one...

And Maxie - well spotted, my 13th Doctor is indeed modelled on the late great Jeremy Brett, who's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes I adore...

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
Originally posted by Frozen
The comic isn't from DWM - but I wish it was! I concieved, wrote, and drew it for a small press Who fanzine, but then never finished it because I fell out with comics! I have only a few regrets in my life - and not finishing this is one...

And Maxie - well spotted, my 13th Doctor is indeed modelled on the late great Jeremy Brett, who's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes I adore...

Cool. I was thinking it looked like your stuff, but I didn't want to say anything until others started laying out the "which comic is that from" questions. :D

People, go check out Frozen's steampunk character designs on "The Drawing Board"!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts