Staff member
Reporter
(Sorry this is posted way late...)

nicktoons.png
dragon-ball-z-movie.png

Dragon Ball Z Movie - Broly: Second Coming

Premieres: Wednesday, September 21 at 8pm ET on Nicktoons
Encores: Click here for encore showings

Broly, one of the greatest threats the universe has ever known, has returned with a new power fueled by hatred and unbound madness – and this time, even Goku might not be able to stop him!

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I didn't see this on Nick (I heard that the resolution was really bad, so I saw it on Blu. The first film is waaay better. Maybe its because, IMO, Trunks and Goten, while cute, can't hold their own film. Sub-plot? Sure, like in the TV series. But film? Nope. Gohan was cool though, and the final scene with the family kamehameha was one of the most epic DBZ film scenes.

Broly only got like 1 real line though, not counting his screams of "Kakkarot!".

SoulEaterHaruhi

I am Lamp. I like candy.
Haha, a talkback! I can just repost my movie commentary here.

Anyway, Broly: Second Coming was mediocre at best, in my opinion. Not something I'd repeatedly watch like Broly I. The Broly movies definitely suffer from a severe bad case of sequelitis. :p

Though, seeing the Son family blast Broly's ass into the sun was awesome and just seeing Goku briefly was good enough for me.

Haruhi's Rating for Broly: Second Coming: 2/5

PC!

lolwut?
Eh, I find this movie mediocre at best. I'm in the minority in that I don't think Broly deserved more than one movie appearance. He has the depth of a mud puddle and a personality to match. The only thing he's good for is giving the Z fighters someone to duke it out with. And the shoehorned appearance of Goku felt like a lazy way to win the day.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
Yeah, this one was bad, like really bad. I did love the family Kamehameha, even if it contributes to the series ever present Goku worship...

Well, since there hasn't been much positive said about this movie, I guess I'll toss in my hat for a moment. I actually really like a bit of this movie. The animation and designs are nice, the voice acting great, and the music awesome. The Kamehame-Ha scene at the end is one of my favorites because Nozawa manages to switch between the three personalities (not to mention pitches) of the three Sons without any effort, so it's a really emotional scene. The music cue that Kikuchi wrote for when they send Broli flying into the sun is also really fun. It's the sort of triumphant cheese that puts a grin on y'face. Of course, Shimada Bin calling out "KAKARROT-TO!!!" as he burns to a crisp is also fun. :p

Then again, none of that have anything to do with this airing. :sweat:

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
Well, since there hasn't been much positive said about this movie, I guess I'll toss in my hat for a moment. I actually really like a bit of this movie. The animation and designs are nice, the voice acting great, and the music awesome. The Kamehame-Ha scene at the end is one of my favorites because Nozawa manages to switch between the three personalities (not to mention pitches) of the three Sons without any effort, so it's a really emotional scene. The music cue that Kikuchi wrote for when they send Broli flying into the sun is also really fun. It's the sort of triumphant cheese that puts a grin on y'face. Of course, Shimada Bin calling out "KAKARROT-TO!!!" as he burns to a crisp is also fun. :p

Then again, none of that have anything to do with this airing. :sweat:

Nope, we get an edited dub with bad music and really bad video quality...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts