"Doom Patrol (Max Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I just hope it's a cool design. The Smallville design did too little and the Justice League design did too. I hope the look is recognizably Cyborg.

I still have no idea what the deal will be with Vic on this show. Will he be an established hero trying to recruit the Doom Patrol for help or will he be another person coming in to be worked on by the Chief?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
December 21st:
First look at Cyborg and first look at Crazy Jane. Also confirmation the show premieres on February 15th.
Well, that's definitely a different look for Cyborg :sweat:.

I appreciate it looks more like the character then the Smallville version, although it definitely looks like Cyborg on a TV budget :ack:.
That's definitely a Doom Patrol promo ;).
December 23rd:
A new report says the show was already renewed for a 2nd Season.
I wonder if this is another "spinning one season into two" :p?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I honestly like the approach to Cyborg so far. Personally, I like when he's shown to have retained about half of his human body and isn't pushed to the limit as much as Robotman or RoboCop, where he practically has a fully technological body except for his human head. The tracksuit doesn't look too different from the sort of athletic wear Vic would be shown in when he would be incognito. I've liked the approachs to the DP main three so far and I'm having no problem with everything else that has been shown.

TheLemsterPju

I honestly like the approach to Cyborg so far. Personally, I like when he's shown to have retained about half of his human body and isn't pushed to the limit as much as Robotman or RoboCop, where he practically has a fully technological body except for his human head. The tracksuit doesn't look too different from the sort of athletic wear Vic would be shown in when he would be incognito. I've liked the approachs to the DP main three so far and I'm having no problem with everything else that has been shown.

In the New52/Rebirth continuity, he's able to regenerate his flesh to some degree thanks to his tech.

It's possible that he could have been more robotic beforehand like Ray Fisher's version of the character, but grew more organic material around his metal skin at some point.

Also, for the sake of continuity, will Timothy Dalton have the same accent as the previous Chief actor?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Just learned that GAMESTOP and FRED MEYER are now going to be selling DVDs, Blu-rays, and even 4K UHD Blu-rays. This comes in the wake of Best Buy removing ALL DVDs and Blu-rays, as well as Target and FYE shrinking down their offerings.

Are there any notable child voice actors born in the 2010s? The oldest is turning 14 in 2024. Just curious. Jason Griffith was one of the only 4Kids voice actors born in the 80s (most were born in the 70s or earlier)
I wish a happy 17th birthday to Lily Sanfelippo, voice of Gwen Stacy/Ghost Spider in seasons 1-2 of Spidey And His Amazing Friends and Axl from Firebuds.
I've decided that I will indeed start doing music reviews soon. They will mainly be on the blog linked in my signature, but certain reviews that meet forum standards will be crossposted to the music forum.
Angelo Rules is getting a sixth season, this might be niche post Angelo Rules Ordered for Season Six - TVKIDS

Featured Posts