C&C - DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters - "Hang In There, Kakarot! You Are No. 1!" [4/21]

Hypeathon

Vegeta: "Hang in there Kakarot! You are number 1!"

Goku-rl: "That's not a prediction, that's a fact of life! You tell me something I don't know!"

cdd6c235d00beb185b7acc4fb9c64fbc.jpg

DBTrilogy100

The episode begins with Goku powering up to Super Saiyan 3 to fight Kid Buu and we see even the villains in Hell are watching the fight; Cell is voiced by Jim Foronda rather than Dameon Clarke due to schedule conflicts and Babidi secretly roots for Goku to beat Buu due to the demon killing him. Eventually, Goku is knocked down and forced back to his Normal Form which leads to Vegeta taking over the fight...but the Saiyan Prince isn't fairing as well against the demon and Goku is forced to take over the fight once again after a little rest to let him recharge and enter Super Saiyan 3 once again. Watching the fight, Vegeta thinks back to when he first met Goku and how he developed a rivalry with Goku over the course of the series. The episode ends with Vegeta realizing why Goku is as powerful as he is and accepting Goku as "Number 1".

I was surprised to see that the Hell Filler Scenes were kept, especially since they contradict how Hell is portrayed in DBS but it was nice to hear Chris Ayres as Frieza again and it was strange hearing Jim Foronda as Cell. Vegeta's speech was a great way to show his progress as a character although DBS shows that doesn't stop him from still trying to improve himself (the rivalry is simply on the friendlier side in comparison). I continue to look forward to seeing how the DBZ Kai Version of the Kid Buu Sub-Saga will differ compared to Regular DBZ.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
So of course, this episode (and the next one) was a highlight for many Vegeta fans. It was basically the culmination of his character arc since the start of the series, and shows how far he's come.

honorableninja

Personally I liked the original dubbed version of Vegeta's speech but I did like the small sliver of a soul line that showed up here.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Goz and Mez mention Goku falling off snake way, which happened in a filler Kai skipped? How confusing is Kai's Buu Saga to new fans? You can probably do a drinking game involving filler referencing filler that was deleted in the first three saga's Kais.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Goz and Mez mention Goku falling off snake way, which happened in a filler Kai skipped? How confusing is Kai's Buu Saga to new fans? You can probably do a drinking game involving filler referencing filler that was deleted in the first three saga's Kais.

Yeah, The Final Chapters is sloppily edited compared to the previous arcs. I still wonder why they made 61- and 69-episode versions in the first place. Maybe those references DIDN'T happen in the Japanese cut? I dunno...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

after youtube NickRewind somehow posting LOT Victorious videos, however just today, the short is Nick preschool podcasts. Don't know if it's permanent

Last May 15 posted Dora's new podcast trailer
The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

Featured Posts