C&C - DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters - "A One Minute Match-Up! Vegeta's Stall For Time!" [4/28]

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
2945hmg.jpg
ivj1wh.jpg

aSG5vBL.jpg

Opening 1: Fight It Out! by Masatoshi Ono
Ending 1: Never Give Up! by Junear

Last Time: As Goku and Kid Buu's fight continues, Vegeta finally comes to the realization that Goku is the most powerful Saiyan.

This Time: Goku has another trick up his sleeve. The problem is, it'll take a full minute to activate. Will Vegeta be able to stall Buu for that long?

NOTES: Tonight's episode follows a new Super. Watch both, and no spoilers!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"I'll buy you a new World of the Kais!"

Goku, I think Vegeta is showing a rare moment of humility. Let's just go along with it.

My milkshake brings all the Buus to the yard...

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
So, My Hero Academia...on a seriousness scale between One Punch Man and Tiger & Bunny, where would it fall?

One minute? In DBZ time, that's three, four episodes tops.

Umm...hasn't it been a minute already?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Everyone's gotta pitch in.

Elder Kai just doesn't want to be by himself.

In the meantime, Vegeta's being whipped around like a ragdoll.

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
"Yes, I know your frustration..." What about ours?

Christopher Sabat really earned his pay this week.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"Amm pfffine...finish yer chargin up...I gottis..."

Satan! Don't be a hero!

Yeah, what are you, some kinda CHICKEN, BUU?
...he typed, knowing someone will take this reference and run with it.

DBTrilogy100

The episode starts with Goku in Super Saiyan 3 Form as he continues to fight Kid Buu, he compliments the demon's power and admits that he & Vegeta should have finished Buu off back when they were fused into Vegito. When Goku gets a break from fighting Kid Buu, Vegeta admits to Goku that he knows Goku is the one who can beat Kid Buu and encourages Goku to use his full power on the demon...only to find out that Goku has been trying to do just that but can't concentrate because of how unpredictable and relentless Kid Buu is when it comes to fighting. Vegeta says he'll stall Kid Buu so Goku can have a minute to concentrate and Goku warns Vegeta that he will cease to exist if he "dies" while already being dead.

The Saiyan Prince powers up to Super Saiyan 2 to stall Kid Buu and he manages to keep the demon from going after Goku...but Goku's energy is not going up despite Goku trying to concentrate for some reason. Kibito Kai and Dende also want to go back to the Planet of the Kais to help but Old Kai warns them that they'll only get in the way and they need to trust the Saiyans. The episode ends with Hercule/Mr. Satan/Mark challenging Kid Buu, still convinced that he is merely dreaming.

I do remember being impressed by Vegeta showing humility back when I saw the Regular DBZ Version of this episode. Likewise, I was impressed by Hercule/Mr. Satan/Mark showing courage in challenging Kid Buu even if it is incredibly foolish and he is still in denial about the reality of the situation.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

when I saw parkersfan89 said bet is a kids channel & owned by disney, im reminded of the time where I called Harry Potter & willy wonka disney movies in a thread, I feel like I should have went with narnia & percy Jackson for that comment in that same thread instead
Sparklefan1234 wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
Hello, how are you? Your avatar and profile banner make me happy!

3b31fbada42053f1e2aa11f016fa62cf.gif
Sparklefan1234 wrote on JMTV's profile.
2760f9276baa30bdf9944425ac99626b.jpg
:daffy:

I don't know what's more surprising, the fact that this is the first Ridley Jones clip in over a year, or the fact that it's from "Herd Day"? It's the episode where Fred tells their grandmother that they're nonbinary. It's definitely a top tier episode of the show.
I'm watching Wander Over Yonder for no reason besides there being an OTP thread using a WOY image as its OP.

Featured Posts