"Arrow" Season Eight Talkback (Spoilers)

hobbyfan

The only thing missing from the Harbinger suit was the tiara (headpiece). Otherwise, a fairly accurate adaptation.

I'm not on board with Mia's attitude, either, so something's likely to happen during Crisis to give her an epiphany to set up next season.

Road to Gotham

Maybe Audrey Marie Anderson wanted to wear pants and not a bikini bottom with her Harbinger costume.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
arrow.png

Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 4 - Episode 8
Stuck in the Vanishing Point, the Paragons search for a way to escape. The futility of the situation is compounded by The Flash's disappearance. However, hope appears in the form of Oliver, who reveals that he has become something else. Meanwhile, the origin stories for The Monitor and Anti-Monitor are revealed.

hobbyfan

Of course Lex had to be a weasel. Always out for #1 regardless of circumstances until forced to fight alongside the heroes.

Ollie sacrificed himself, as we all knew would happen.

And the best was yet to come......

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Maltus! So it appears Mar Novu was the one in this canon instead of Krona who peered at the dawn of time and caused the Anti-Matter Universe and Anti-Monitor to come into being. And it was only 10,000 years ago. In the comics, I think it was 10 or 9 billions years.

Flash ends up back at the Vanishing Point months later. Oliver returns almost right after. Okay. Good timing. :p

Ryan is an interesting add. Saw the Sith similarity in Spectre. Spot on assessment of Lex.

"Now run, Barry." :D

DCEU Barry! Hilarious cameo.

And of course, this Lex didn't change at all. Just bidding his time. Anf it's a shot to steal Mar Novu's powers.

That's right, Barry didn't know about the deal from the last crossover. lol, and the Sara he had to get was 'dead' and he freaks out Diggle and Laurel.

Wish the Supergirl-Lex fight was longer but eh.

Dang multiverse inevitability, one Mar Novu will always look at the dawn of time no matter what.

Oliver died again?

Everything wrapped up in the 4th part? Hm...

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Arrow "Crisis On Infinite Earths, Part 4"

Ezra Miller! So that either make the Extended Universe Arrowverse canon or vice versa.

I hate this version of Lex Luthor. I have found he has no redeeming qualities. He sucks.

Loved seeing all of the classic Arrowverse scenes from a different perspective. That was cool.

"You Have Failed This Universe!" Oh, Yes He Did.

That was pretty boss and the end gave me the feels in all the right places too. ****1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
arrow.png

"Green Arrow & The Canaries" - Episode 9
It's the year 2040 in Star City and Mia Queen has everything she could have ever wanted. However, when Laurel and Dinah suddenly show up in her life again, things take a shocking turn and her perfect world is upended. Laurel and Dinah are tracking a kidnapping victim with direct ties to Mia and they need her help. Knowing it will everything, Mia can't help but be a hero and she, Laurel and Dinah suit up once again to save the city.

Otaku-sempai

I hope that it will be interesting to see how the Earth-Prime of 2040 has changed post-Crisis. Unfortunately, other events will keep me from watching this (and Legends of Tomorrow) until after the first broadcast.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Arrow "Green Arrow And The Canaries"

That ending was wrong. Very bad way to end a back-door Pilot in the second-to-last episode. What if it hadn't gotten picked up? It's also something I'm annoyed I'm going to have to wait a season to not just resolve, but to just continue. I don't think this did the Pilot to the new show any favors.

All that being said, I would not object to this specific idea for a series. Star City 2040 used to be hopeless and sucky and that was my objection to a potential spin-off. While the future is brighter due to Oliver's sacrifice and the rebooted Universe I don't have those objections. Also we learned J'onn J'onnz, Cisco, and Rene are still alive and the happy ending cameos could potentially be rewarding.

When William says Oliver died saving the city I realized no civilian will ever give Oliver his proper due for saving the Multiverse. In the present even our heroes aren't aware he did that. His mission was to save his city. His accomplishment was so much larger it's ridiculous. It's literally Godlike and on a cosmic scale. It stings nobody knows it, at least not yet.

Peanut's alive, and the future is okay. I'll watch the new show for sure. But that Pilot's ending stunk. **1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
When William says Oliver died saving the city I realized no civilian will ever give Oliver his proper due for saving the Multiverse. In the present even our heroes aren't aware he did that. His mission was to save his city. His accomplishment was so much larger it's ridiculous. It's literally Godlike and on a cosmic scale. It stings nobody knows it, at least not yet.
What do you mean? At the end of Crisis, the President gave a speech thanking Oliver for saving the world.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
What do you mean? At the end of Crisis, the President gave a speech thanking Oliver for saving the world.
William said in this episode he saved the city. And while many people knew Oliver saved the world, nobody seems to know he saved the Universe. He's not getting his due.

hobbyfan

It was mentioned on another board that Green Arrow & The Canaries has not been picked up for series as yet. Can't see why.

However, I began to wonder if the original concept was to revive Birds of Prey by making it more Green Arrow themed than Batman themed. Bianca could conceivably be Huntress 2040. As for who snatched William and awakened JJ's memories? Your guess is as good as mine.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It was mentioned on another board that Green Arrow & The Canaries has not been picked up for series as yet. Can't see why.

However, I began to wonder if the original concept was to revive Birds of Prey by making it more Green Arrow themed than Batman themed. Bianca could conceivably be Huntress 2040. As for who snatched William and awakened JJ's memories? Your guess is as good as mine.
Well those goons looked like ninja to me. Sorta narrows it down. Kinda groan worthy if the League of Assassins was revived. With the "she" line, made me wonder if it was Talia (but hopefully not an evil immortal Thea). Or a debut of Lady Shiva. Or Rose Wilson. The League knew of the Monitor so in theory they could have the knowledge of merging memories from timelines.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
arrow.png

Fadeout - Episode 10
After eight seasons, and the launch of countless superheroes, the series wraps up the story of the Green Arrow.

Road to Gotham

Love seeing almost everyone back for the finale who were important to Ollie's journey.
Missing were Tatsu and Ray Palmer.
Nice seeing Ragman back in action.
I was happy to see Ollie and Felicity reunited at the end.

Anyone notice the sign for "VAN WAYNE INDUSTRIES" on the side of a building?
Alan Tudyk played "Van Wayne" in "Powerless".
He is also "Mr. Nobody" in DOOM PATROL and voices "Joker" and "Clayface"
on HARLEY QUINN.

YES! DIGGLE! FINALLY! YAY!
The question is, will this development be mention when Diggle appears on FLASH in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm glad they didn't bring everyone back and addressed why, especially with Robert Queen and Laurel. It was still shocking Moira, Tommy, and Lance were brought back though and Oliver wiped out crime in the city. Or Emiko was there! I don't think Helena was around though.

Finally, Diggle's going to become a GL. If he and the family is moving to Metropolis, wonder if that means they will be appearing on the Superman & Lois series and even Supergirl sometimes. Same with Dinah. They both are shows with a lot of super powers in the mix already. Begs the question of what is Earth-Prime's GLC like and if Diggle does accept the ring, that's going to really take time away from his family...

Happy Thea and Roy got engaged.

Also happy Ragman was finally back and an active hero again.

On the fence about it ending on Oliver and Felicity in the afterlife but eh, I was never that into the latter. But like she had to be in the finale because she was part of the show from the start. Also was on the fence with including Mia in the finale.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Arrow "Fadeout"

I pretty much needed that.

Oliver and Felicity get to spend eternity together. The red pen lets you know it's actually Heaven.

And John is about to become Green Lantern. VERY cool.

I was amazed and loved the amount of cameos from former cast members and major characters they kept quiet. I was very surprised to see Tommy, and Anatoly, and the Al Ghuls. I especially like that in the rebooted Universe Ragman, Tommy, and Moira are alive and Emiko is good. But my favorite thing is that Oliver brought back Quentin, and Quentin gave him his much needed public due. I'm still furious about where we left things off in the future, but hopefully the Canaries spin-off gets picked up and we can save Future William.

I was furious at Emily Bett Rickards for deciding to leave the show in the lurch last season, but she came back when the show really needed her, and was able to fulfill the happy ending hinted at in the last episode of last season. I'm not crazy about the idea of Felicity being dead, but it is a grand, romantic notion anyways.

I like that Laurel is upset that Oliver brought back every important person but Earth 1 Laurel, and Quentin reassures her that she is worth being in his life anyways. I thought that was a beautiful idea.

Crime free and pleasant Star City makes it more like the comics. I like that idea too.

Moira accepting Emiko into her life was character growth. I liked that.

They answered a lot of questions, and set-up some great future notions for the Arrowverse. I'm still mad about Future William, but hopefully the CW follows through. I was very satisfied with that. ****1/2.

hobbyfan

What worked:

Diggle finds the Green Lantern ring.

Roy & Thea are engaged.

Closure for Ollie & Felicity.

Quentin returns as Mayor of Star City.

Now, the question is, will the Green Lantern series, in development for HBO Max, be a spin-off, or its own separate entity?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts